corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » newish pics of my car....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author newish pics of my car....
Mase
Premium Member

User status: Offline
17th Apr 04 at 19:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know it's not the most modified car on here. I know the exhaust sits too low and it seriously needs lowering, but it's my first car and i'm happy with what i've been able to afford to do so far.

Any comments welcome !!

I'll take some more when my meguiars turns up !!

Mase
Go3asy

17th Apr 04 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks nice
ed

17th Apr 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks good, does need to be lowered, I might have some -40mm Springs for sale in a few weeks time, depends on how the motor looks with 17's on it...
Mase
Premium Member

17th Apr 04 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got some 60mm springs 2 go on but can't afford the shockers at the min !!! Car needs a good polish though, cos its full of swirls !!

Mase
ed

17th Apr 04 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You won't need the shocks, they should pop on the originals ok, the ride may be a bit harsh though...
Mase
Premium Member

17th Apr 04 at 19:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

can't afford fittin neither !!! might have a go myself one day. can't be that hard surely.........(famous last words !!)

Mase
Marc

17th Apr 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Man, thats a clean car
ed

17th Apr 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well, I did mine, it was really easy. You need to pop down to Halfords and get some axle stands, a Haynes manual, a few cans of WD40 and some spring compressors... The backs take about 15 mins to do, and the fronts took me about 30 mins...
the_legend_of_yrag

17th Apr 04 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lowered on 60mm without shocks isnt a really good idea in the long run. Should really save for some shocks!!

Looks good though. Everyone has to start somewhere!!
Mase
Premium Member

17th Apr 04 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers for comments !!!

gonna try some of that scratch-x on it 2 get swirls out and then give it a couple of coats of gold class wax, should bring it out well !!

Mase
Go3asy

17th Apr 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just buy some gmax shockers from larkspeed.com about 130 for all 4

i got them just now, gmax rear springs and fk front -40mm, on 17s, fucking bumpy!! front end bounces all over the place, the garage said afetr a couple of months the fornt of my car will get stress cracks!?? will the springs/shocks soften off ? because they are brand new, appart from the rear springs they aint new, and the rear is fine, the rear shocks are new tho, hopefully they will wear in and it will drop a bit more but i duno, but will the fornt springs/shocks soften after a few 100 miles becaus eits rock solid just now
Go3asy

17th Apr 04 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

... just remember not to park like that when u frop 60mm or you'll rip off the front bumper and your zorst will hit the ground i think get some shorter rubbers
Mase
Premium Member

17th Apr 04 at 20:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i'm gonna change the exhaust rubbers. Wot are the best 2 use ???

Mase
ed

17th Apr 04 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to ATS, they fitted mine for free, after I nessed up fitting it myself, cos I needed different rubbers. I drove in there with the exhaust on a bit of string and asked them if they could fix it... Did a good job, especially as I didn't have to pay!
Go3asy

17th Apr 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it was ats i went to to get my tracking sorted after lowering 40mm onsprings/shocks and putting on 17s, they said tracking was fine!

then the guy said i too kthe car for a drive and the fornt end is far too stiff and boncing around, your car will get stress cracks all up the front in a month or two

the springs/shocks on the front are brand new, gmax shocks, fk -40mm springs ,wil they soften off and drop a bit mpre after a few hundretd miles? they have done about 80 just now

he said the rears fine, the rears got same shocks and gmax springs, but the diff is the springs are used no new

[Edited on 17-04-2004 by Go3asy]
Reedy

17th Apr 04 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Putting 60mm springs on standard shocks will put strain on ure shocks, the lifetime of ure shocks will depend on how u drive.
As for fittings, piece of piss. I fitted my bros clio front springs onto standard shocks within 15mins, all u need is a spring compressor, socket set and a jack.
Halfords have the spring compressors for 18 squid.
Reedy

17th Apr 04 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh and just be very careful when decompressing the springs cause it will scare the sht out of ya when it pops!!

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » newish pics of my car.... 23 database queries in 0.0136321 seconds