corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » To All the people who said i spoke shit about 1.8 Corsa VXR etc.......

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author To All the people who said i spoke shit about 1.8 Corsa VXR etc.......
Jambo

User status: Offline
11th Apr 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And some people would still drop an LET in there claiming they dont make em like they used to
J da Silva

11th Apr 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Drive my Astra, you'll soon agree. It'll spin in the first three gears and shake the crap out of your passengers on anything other than a completely virginal surface.

I needs and LSD at the very least, which compromises drivability anyway. That Corsa GSi feels like it has one in comparison, but it's actually just a good match of engine power to tyre size - it'll pull itself out of a corner without lighting up!

Not as quick on the straights, but a damn sight easier to drive!

well only thing i can really point out is that my let corsa doesnt spin unless its wet ground. is your astra a kangaroo by any chance
jr

11th Apr 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
quote:
Originally posted by bubblevaux
quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
the whole VXR thing, i think it was on the VSCC site tho, they were all banging on about vaux possibly using the impreza platform for the new astra, they were all getting excited about a 4wd flat four powered astra

they have got this in their head bcuz vauxhall have bought the designs from subaru for the 4wd system. we have been told to expect more 4wd models from vaux within 3yrs

Do you know if it will be a frontera replacement or more performance orientated? i know the new saab 9-3 is using subarus 4wd system, it is one of the best out there

just imagine a 4wd astra in the wrc, that would be cool bring back DTV!!!

tbh adam i'd think you struggle to find 20 ppl on this site who knew what DTV was and why it exsisted
J da Silva

11th Apr 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuck it! i'll get a corsa b and transplant one of these vxr thingies into one, why not eh?
Joff

11th Apr 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Drive my Astra, you'll soon agree. It'll spin in the first three gears and shake the crap out of your passengers on anything other than a completely virginal surface.

I needs and LSD at the very least, which compromises drivability anyway. That Corsa GSi feels like it has one in comparison, but it's actually just a good match of engine power to tyre size - it'll pull itself out of a corner without lighting up!

well only thing i can really point out is that my let corsa doesnt spin unless its wet ground. is your astra a kangaroo by any chance

You can't spin the wheels in your Corsa unless it's wet??

Have you ever had the car on the road?? What happened to this claimed 284bhp??

If I can spin the wheels in second gear in the dry then I'd hope you could do the same.
Greg_M

11th Apr 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daveyboyuk
ur a cock

just shut the fuck up, cant handle it because you were wrong about the stupid engine number thig last week. oh for fuck sake
Dom

11th Apr 04 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have to disagree with adam about the 200bhp being too much for FWD cars. Old man has 200-210bhp in his audi A6 (it needs properly tuning to tbh) but it doesnt wheel spin what so ever although, tbh im sure its alot more to do with weight of the car
jr

11th Apr 04 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VisibleMan
have to disagree with adam about the 200bhp being too much for FWD cars. Old man has 200-210bhp in his audi A6 (it needs properly tuning to tbh) but it doesnt wheel spin what so ever although, tbh im sure its alot more to do with weight of the car

fwd astra being finished later this month, with 400bhp 2.1 LET, so they will be the test to see what the limit of FWD are
StuartVRS

11th Apr 04 at 20:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

fwd astra being finished later this month, with 400bhp 2.1 LET, so they will be the test to see what the limit of FWD are

and.................
vibrio
Banned

11th Apr 04 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
200bhp in a front wheel drive car is too much, but the press criticised Ford for addressing the issue by fitment of a LSD the Focus RS.

I don't know if there's any way of developing that much power and not compromising drivability short of defying simply physics.

I don't think 200hp is too much. the problem with the cars to day is the level of lowdown torque that is produced and the fact that car makers have to make the cars comfy on the road.
Jambo

11th Apr 04 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im sure an a6 is RWD?
jr

11th Apr 04 at 20:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsaCsxi
quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:

and.................

ah and a gold thing that going to be very fast as well
vibrio
Banned

11th Apr 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Im sure an a6 is RWD?

no would either be FWD or Haldex
J da Silva

11th Apr 04 at 21:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joff
quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

You can't spin the wheels in your Corsa unless it's wet??

Have you ever had the car on the road?? What happened to this claimed 284bhp??

If I can spin the wheels in second gear in the dry then I'd hope you could do the same.

i can spin them if i wanted to be a cock, but i dont

and yes its been on the road for a few weeks now

finally i have an evo 3 chip installed,took it upto 275 plus the engine was modified internally by the guy i bought it from,stuck it on my mates rollers sorry

[Edited on 11-04-04 by VenomTurbo]

[Edited on 11-04-04 by VenomTurbo]
Joff

11th Apr 04 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So if you can spin the wheels your original comment that your Corsa "doesnt spin unless its wet" was misleading.

Any car can be driven without causing the wheels to spin, so what was the point in replying that your car doesn't spin??

Marco The Corsa Man

11th Apr 04 at 23:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

From a rolling start Before I put the wide 16" alloys on I could spin the wheels on my corsa and unsettle them when changing to second and thats with a 65bhp 1.4, lol.
Joff

11th Apr 04 at 23:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apparently then, you're being a cock.

Sorry to break the news to you.
Marco The Corsa Man

12th Apr 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then I blame my shite standard rubber on my cock like behavior, well you'll be pleased to hear that my alloys and wider tyres have put an end to my cock like driving .

My Dad's got 'Anti Cock Driving' aids in his car, I think thye industry calls it Traction Control, but rest assured there' no more cock like driving in this household .

[Edited on 12-04-2004 by Marco The Corsa Man]
Joff

12th Apr 04 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only person driving the cock will be your mother

Unless they don't do that sort of thing any more...
Marco The Corsa Man

12th Apr 04 at 00:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
The only person driving the cock will be your mother

Unless they don't do that sort of thing any more...

Not since I lost my mother in the great wheelspin incident of '98. I vowed never to spin a wheel again.
Joff

12th Apr 04 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That was a very bad year for all of us.
J da Silva

12th Apr 04 at 08:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
So if you can spin the wheels your original comment that your Corsa "doesnt spin unless its wet" was misleading.

Any car can be driven without causing the wheels to spin, so what was the point in replying that your car doesn't spin??

only in first when setting off too fast, it maybe coz i have 18inch wheels on but not in 3rd gear unless its wet, which everybody would probably slide about in the wet
vibrio
Banned

12th Apr 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

people who wheel spin cannont control their car and should stick to driving 1.2 8v sxi's
J da Silva

12th Apr 04 at 15:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
people who wheel spin cannont control their car and should stick to driving 1.2 8v sxi's

i agree 100%, its not very clever
Joff

12th Apr 04 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by vibrio

You span your wheels when you took me for a drive through the Yorkshire countryside

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » To All the people who said i spoke shit about 1.8 Corsa VXR etc....... 22 database queries in 0.1906381 seconds