corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Replacing Bulbs Behind Dials

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Replacing Bulbs Behind Dials
Ev0s

User status: Offline
22nd Mar 04 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi All,
Just wondering if anyone can give me some information on the best to replace the bulbs behind the dials ? Anyone got a guide ? Its for a corsa b. Any help would be great

Cheers Ev0s
L330wnz

22nd Mar 04 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think there's a tutorial...have a look in the 'tutorials & faq' section!!
Ev0s

22nd Mar 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Already done that and its for a corsa c Anyone else ?
penfold82

22nd Mar 04 at 11:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Start by removing the steering wheel. First remove the holding nut and then either use a removal tool or just smack it with a wood hammer while prising it with your knees. Should come off no probs.

Next remoce the cover of the sttering colomn, u can do it without removing this but its tight so its far easier to just remove it. take off a screw on either side of where the steering wheel was, and then i think theres 3 underneath. once this is off they just pop off each other.

Next remove the screws either side underneath the border of the dial surround. Theres also one on the underside of the top of the border aswell.

Next u can take out the surround itsself, this should be really easy, if its not then uv missed a screw.

next u should be staring at the inner part of the dial holder thing. Its mainly held in by a clip at the top of it, unclip this and just ease the dial pod out.

If you're just replacing the bulbs then you'll be looking at the bak of them if u turn the pod over, just unscrew them and stick in the new one. If ur using leds then just make sure each time the polarity is right by replacing the pod back where it was and switching on ur side lights. If they dont come on rotate the leds by 180 degrees.

If youre replacing ur dials then undo the clips and take out the inner part of the dials and replace the dial faces by removing the old ones by just ripping the crap outta them and carefully replacing them with the ones being careful of the needles.

I'm replacing my blue leds next month with uv ones so i'll pics of the whole process then.

anvana banana

penfold82

22nd Mar 04 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

balls.

Shouldnt be that much differant. corsas are the easiest car to strip down. just look for the screws, if there arnt any then pull at stuff til somethin pops off.

Bulbs are still osram so itll be plug and play.
Ev0s

22nd Mar 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats great thanks very much ill go try this tommorrow and let you know how its gone.
whitter45

22nd Mar 04 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

easy mate
Right first of all u have to remove the steering column surround. this is done my three screws on the underneath side of the two panels

Then u remove the dial surround. this is done by removing three screws two either side and one in the middle.

This allows u to remove the surround and expose the dial unit. Two screws hold the dial unit in place. Remove these and the dial nit should be able to come out. Becareful if ur car has a cable driven speedo. I think u have to remove the cable but i am unsure as i have an electronic one.

On the back of the dial unit u will see three bulbs with green holders (i think) these are the bulbs that ligt up the dial. Simply twist and remove bulbs and replace with new ones.

if u want different coloured bulbs, I have rainbow leds, than ask cobra148 off here as he will sort u out with some

This is a very simple over view but i hope it helps. U2u me if u need more detailed stuff
Ev0s

22nd Mar 04 at 11:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep ill give it ago this week sometime. Already got the bulbs for cobra so was just wanting to make sure on how to do it before starting.

New Poll