corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » how much to get SUMP gasket replaced??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author how much to get SUMP gasket replaced??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
20th Mar 04 at 00:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above?

recently got rocker cover gasket changed on my 1.6 16v Gsi, but it still leaking oil so think the sump gasket needs doing to??

wat else cud it be??

[Edited on 20-03-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
simonp

20th Mar 04 at 04:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Could be anything from a leaking cam seal to a sump gasket. Best thing to do is to degrease the engine and pressure wash it. Then check where the leak is.

If it is the sump gasket, don't go wasting your money getting it done somewhere. Easy job, would take under an hour.

Draing oil out, unbolt manifold, remove. Undo all male hex bolts and prise sump from block. Clean up baffle plate. Make sure ALL mating surfaces are spotless. Fit new gasket and then bolt sump to block.

Make sure they are done up to the correct torque setting. Over tightening can be as detremental as leaving it too slack.

Also replace copper washer everytime you take the drain plug out as these are designed to compress giving a total seal. Unfortunatly being copper, they have no elesticity so need to be replaced. Pennies though.
MoNkEy MaGiC

20th Mar 04 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wud luv to do it all myself mate, but i havnt got the right tools!!!!

im good with engines and electircs and a fast learner but i hav no experiance with working on the engine u see

good thing is that i have a close mate whos a mechanic
so how much u think it would cost??

[Edited on 20-03-2004 by MoNkEy MaGiC]
penfold82

20th Mar 04 at 15:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ask ur m8!
clarkie

20th Mar 04 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

for the gasket, washer and oil from vauxhall i payed £27.23

New Poll