corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ***CRASH****Think i may have a problem!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***CRASH****Think i may have a problem!
deanmcreynolds26

User status: Offline
18th Mar 04 at 01:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok had a bump as a few of u know, got my bumper bracket broke scratched the paintwork and bent the front arch a bit as well!!

was gona sort it all out w.out insurance and went through to see the guy 2nite but he had brought someone from a Jaguar garage to inspect my car. the guy had a look then got on his fone and asked for a VLC check or something to that effect and then gave the other person on the fone my reg number, he came off the fone and said he foned his dad and he is a police inspector and that he just found out my bodykit aint declared which it aint, now he reckons i might not get a penny out them b'cos of this, but i never admitted it wasnt on the insurance jus said im gona claim through ur insurance then....
but the guy accepted liability when he hit me!

Where do i stand with this?

HELP PLEASE
Colin

18th Mar 04 at 01:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like you been caught out - nothing much you can do

Might be his fault but technicly your insurance is void because the kit isnt declared
Stuckey

18th Mar 04 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dunno where u stand but i would either take off bodykit or quickly delare your bodykitt if your claiming on his insurance
Colin

18th Mar 04 at 01:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you could try and call his bluff and say that the kit doesnt need to be declared because its regarded by your insurance as a minor cosmetic modification which is valued less than standard parts......could be worth a try, but then you could just be digging a bigger hole for yourself

Just find the lad on his own (take a few mates if you need them) and make sure he pays
Colin

18th Mar 04 at 01:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much damage was caused
CorsaLad16v

18th Mar 04 at 01:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just tell them the standard bumper was the 1 that was damaged so u took it off and borrowed ur mates slightly damaged bodykit bumper... or just ignore me coz it's late and i'm tired
mattyboy199

18th Mar 04 at 01:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be honest mate you should nt even be dealing with or meeting him, you should of jus gone through his insurance. That way it would be sorted some what by now
corb

18th Mar 04 at 01:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if it wasnt ur fault, and the bloke is now refusing to pay, point out that he's a FUCKING COCK and he should just come up with the money to get it sorted.
CorsaLad16v

18th Mar 04 at 03:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shudn't have gone to see him tho, i wudn't have, let the insurance sort it out. if i were to meet up with them then i wudn't go in my car either, say its in the garage til its fixed, that way they can't do what they're trying to do to u
deanmcreynolds26

18th Mar 04 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wish i never went to see him now! i reckon ill try his bluff cos its a gsi front bumper and ill jus say i thought it was a GSI i had! LOL beign a GM part would it be easier to get away with ?
Craig6682

18th Mar 04 at 10:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate insurance. They are quick to take your hard earned cash but then won't pay up. And this lads Dad is a total twat!
Corsa E-Tec

18th Mar 04 at 10:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What you should do is, ask for the money to pay for it all, if he disagrees then ask for a good percentage, if he says no becouse of the body kit is undeclared, then tell him you will go throught his insurance company any way.
If the insurance company wont pay because the body kit is not insured, but the driver claimed liability and crashed into you, then the claim becomes 50/50, you wont get any money, but then him or his dad will loose all the No claims bonus!

So if his dad has maximum Ncb (4-5 years) i reckon he will pay you a small percentage if not all.

This happened to my mate, it's not 100% correct but i hope this helps, if he dont pay, go throught ther insurance company anyway, because you will not loose out on anything!
(sorry about the essay)
Fad

18th Mar 04 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring up your insurance company mate and enquire about adding the body kit? and if it is reasonable declare it then get back to the other bloke and do it through the insurance company.

Golden advice never do private deals cos u aint got no come back if it goes wrong and if its done through an authorised body shop u have a waranty on all the work
mentalcorsa

18th Mar 04 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just say it was on the car when you bought it and you didnt know any diffrent
Red_SXi

18th Mar 04 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely rining his dad who's a copper is illeegal, i know it happens but i'd of thought the police have to stop you and check if your bodykit is declared themselves.
Paul H

18th Mar 04 at 12:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
Surely rining his dad who's a copper is illeegal, i know it happens but i'd of thought the police have to stop you and check if your bodykit is declared themselves.
yes i would imagine it is illegal to do that.but on the other hand he's driving the car with no insurance technically as his kit isn't declared and they would class it as void
deanmcreynolds26

18th Mar 04 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gota fone this guy back this afternoon and see what he says! ill let u's know how i get on
-Aliba-

18th Mar 04 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mate, dont worry regarding your front bumper. It is still a gm part. You bought it like that, nobody can argue about it.
Red_SXi

18th Mar 04 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What front bumper is it?
deanmcreynolds26

18th Mar 04 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

GSI
Red_SXi

18th Mar 04 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL, A Gsi bumper is a vauxhall part, it actually comes standard on Corsa's so i wouldn't worry AT ALL. And i'd ring the boy who reversed into you and tell him t hat. And tell him you have written proof of your bumper being a GM part
deanmcreynolds26

18th Mar 04 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my corsa is an SRI! so it shouldnt be on my car so i could play dum
Red_SXi

18th Mar 04 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah, its still a GM part tho, same as Irmscher bits they are ok too IMO
deanmcreynolds26

18th Mar 04 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nice one mate cheers!
Colin

18th Mar 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much damage was caused???

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ***CRASH****Think i may have a problem! 22 database queries in 0.1932259 seconds