corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ***CRASH****Think i may have a problem!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ***CRASH****Think i may have a problem!
deanmcreynolds26

User status: Offline
18th Mar 04 at 13:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paint was mostly scrathec and the bumper bracket was snapped!
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shudnt have gone to meet him shud of gone to his insurance cosi bet ur car is lowered wheels etc n u aint declared anything its not just the bumper u have to worry bout fella?
Meat-Pie-SRI

18th Mar 04 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Colin J
Looks like you been caught out - nothing much you can do

Might be his fault but technicly your insurance is void because the kit isnt declared

This is correct. as far as they are concerned, it is not the car on the policy!

BLUNDER!!!!
Kerry

18th Mar 04 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i thought it doesnt matter wots declared or not declared on ure ins if he ran into u then if it was done through ins its his company that pays so nothin to do with ure policy. in theory surely u wouldnt even have to have ins because he hit u
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

u cant claim unless u have insurance urself bcos u report it to ur own insurance company whether ur fault or not then they go to the other company if different, but its ur insurance company who initially pay out for damage or if they write it off then they claim of the other insurance company.

im shocked how little u all know bout insurance u need to be clued up with insurance esp where mods r concerned
vibrio
Banned

18th Mar 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
Ok had a bump as a few of u know, got my bumper bracket broke scratched the paintwork and bent the front arch a bit as well!!

was gona sort it all out w.out insurance and went through to see the guy 2nite but he had brought someone from a Jaguar garage to inspect my car. the guy had a look then got on his fone and asked for a VLC check or something to that effect and then gave the other person on the fone my reg number, he came off the fone and said he foned his dad and he is a police inspector and that he just found out my bodykit aint declared which it aint, now he reckons i might not get a penny out them b'cos of this, but i never admitted it wasnt on the insurance jus said im gona claim through ur insurance then....
but the guy accepted liability when he hit me!

Where do i stand with this?

HELP PLEASE

I have to ask how anyone found out your GSi bumper is not declared unless you told him. he cannot access that information with a warrent. it's against the data protection act
Davido

18th Mar 04 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^^ id have thought he is right with that his dad cant just find stuff out like that all he can find out as a copper is details of whether ur insured or not not fine details of ur insurance its the datat protection act as vibs said..

what i reckon is doing is trying to bluff u mate into scaring u away from making a claim
Ian
Site Administrator

18th Mar 04 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by deanmcreynolds26
he foned his dad and he is a police inspector and that he just found out my bodykit aint declared
If this is true, this chap will not be a police inspector for much longer. Acquisition of this information is a MAJOR breach of police power, not to mention completely illegal anyway under various laws applicable to personal data.

Whose fault was the accident?
FlamingCorsa

18th Mar 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i didnt even think cops could get that information 2be honest!

it wont just b on a computer screen at cop station if ur car had mods declaired or not i wud not of thought?!
FlamingCorsa

18th Mar 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ring the bloke who was in the crash and ask for the he dads police number cos u want 2 find out if wot he has done is ok or not just for ur intrest!

c wot he has 2 say then!?
DanielJ

18th Mar 04 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hes aving u on m8
Welsh Dan

18th Mar 04 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah, i agree. He shouldn't have access to that information, if he did then he's breaking the law big time. I think he's calling your bluff, so its time you called his. Either that or go and chin him
ainsley_brader

18th Mar 04 at 23:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont ring him at all just ring your insurance company! If they mention your kit just apologize say you didnt realise you had to mewntion it you got it like that new it wasnt std but didnt think it mattered. End of the day the other drivers ins is paying so you should get away with it.
Red_SXi

19th Mar 04 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd threaten the bloke really cos of what his Dad did. Im pretty sure if you ask for his Dad's police number you will get a cheque through the post the next day
glasgow_corsa_c

19th Mar 04 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Red_Sxi
I'd threaten the bloke really cos of what his Dad did. Im pretty sure if you ask for his Dad's police number you will get a cheque through the post the next day

Agreed!

Fone up and tellhim u want his dads number, if he gives u it then simply say u are reporting him. Shud put the shits into him
Corsa_Quadz

18th Jun 08 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i cant believe this lad, the decent thing is to admit liablility if your wrong especially if its clear! But to go a tell daddy, jus to make you look stupid is just plain taking the piss! Either way he should come up with the cash to repair your car, and as Ian sed about breach of the police i cant see him getting away with it......this guy = twat
Dean_W

18th Jun 08 at 11:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kerry
i thought it doesnt matter wots declared or not declared on ure ins if he ran into u then if it was done through ins its his company that pays so nothin to do with ure policy. in theory surely u wouldnt even have to have ins because he hit u

Both parties need to be insured. IF the company are taking a stance that they won't pay as you technically have voided your insurance because of an undeclared bumper, then unfortunatley they are correct.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

18th Jun 08 at 11:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

2004 called......
Shane

18th Jun 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dean_W

18th Jun 08 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
2004 called......

Didn't look at the dates!
Nick-S

18th Jun 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

god dam grave diggers
neil h

18th Jun 08 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was gonna stick a worth while reply in here, but after spotting the dates, maybe not

How on earth did the person who revived this one find it in the first place lol.
Brett
Premium Member

18th Jun 08 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm interested to know the outcome tho
JM_16v

18th Jun 08 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wtf
ProjectNCK

18th Jun 08 at 12:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope he Call his bluff , funny how its his fault then he's related to a Police inspector hmm....

[Edited on 18-06-2008 by ProjectNCK]

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » ***CRASH****Think i may have a problem! 22 database queries in 0.0167980 seconds