corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Powerflow Good or NOT

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Powerflow Good or NOT
Noonster

User status: Offline
17th Mar 04 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Head about good and bad things.....
You cant blame powerflow in gerenal..... it usually depends on which one you go to.

The one in st. albans is supposed to be tops
corsafreak

17th Mar 04 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i had a powerflow system on my primera it rusted after a couple of months,but it sounded good and had a lifetime warranty providing it was inspected every year after fitting.
the tailpipe was higher grade ss though and never corroded.

[Edited on 17-03-2004 by corsafreak]
Dave

17th Mar 04 at 19:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The stainless has less chromium in it, meaning its more flexible but more likely to rust.

I had mine done at Top Gear in Burnley and there is s fair amount of surface rust on it.

It also fractured a bracket off not long after I had it done but I took it back and they fixed it no problem.
R Lee

17th Mar 04 at 20:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boy69
Anyone know if the Powerflow branch at Morecambe is any good? They seemed nice enough and gave me a price of £220 or full CAT back system on my 1.2 16v B. Just wondering if anyone had an experience with them?

yes, they are my local garage peeps that help sort me out with everything i want. speak to phil as he is the guy that does the exhausts.
Voyto

17th Mar 04 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stafford Powerflow
mwg

17th Mar 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GoldPenguin
quote:
Originally posted by corsa_boy69
Anyone know if the Powerflow branch at Morecambe is any good? They seemed nice enough and gave me a price of £220 or full CAT back system on my 1.2 16v B. Just wondering if anyone had an experience with them?

yes, they are my local garage peeps that help sort me out with everything i want. speak to phil as he is the guy that does the exhausts.

cheers mate i thought they would be ok. Its just I saw this thread sayin some Powerflow Garages arent very good so thought I'd better check!
corsa120

17th Mar 04 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine has started showing rust after 10 months only slightly though on the centre section not goin back again

go to ascar they use t304

thinkin about a piper stainless for mine next
uprated

17th Mar 04 at 22:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i got my powerflow in leeds, it was on 5 months and after i took it off, i clenaed it off and looked exactly the same as the day i bought it, there was absolutely nothing wrong with it, and the welds were top.
p16vlv

18th Mar 04 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by miles
No matter how good the fitter is the steel is still a really low quality, the welds are not covered in the warrenty, and they pressure bend the pipe, resulting in power losses.
i work at top gear in burnley and we use 304 grade stainless because customers were not happy with the surface rust that 409 gets, and the welds are covered in the warrenty . as for power losses my car has a 20xe with just a filter and system and pushes out 162 bhp so not that bad.
sperminator

18th Mar 04 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it true i have a pflow system and i got told that i can trade my back box in and pay a little bit extra for a different bk box??
littletriad

18th Mar 04 at 12:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There wank

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll