corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cat replacement

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cat replacement
topshot_2k
Banned

User status: Offline
9th Mar 04 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will these cat 'replacement' pipes fail an MOT? some people say that removing the cat will fail but using these 'replacement' pipes it will still pass??

broster
Premium Member

9th Mar 04 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

a de-cat pipe will fail the mot, but a sports cat will pass an mot, costs some £££ tho! only worth it IMO if you need a new cat!
MikeH

9th Mar 04 at 14:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is possible to pass the emmisions test without a cat if your car is tuned right and in generally good condition.

It should still be a fail though if the MOT guy sees it's not present....

You *could* remove the inside of a CAT so it appears as if one is fitted........ but it's still a bit ht or miss whether it will pass emissions.
Gambit

9th Mar 04 at 14:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you'd need to have it idling about 500rpm to get the least CO% possible to get it thru without the inners of the CAT being there, and even then i'd say 9/10 times it'll fail

i dont need a cat so
Kris TD

9th Mar 04 at 15:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nor do i

New Poll