corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » uh ohhhhhhh.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author uh ohhhhhhh.
penfold82

User status: Offline
8th Mar 04 at 00:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys. Got a wierd problem here, really need some help.

Couple of days ago i realised my brake lights wernt working so i tested all the other lights in every combination possible and realised that with no keys in the ignition and my sidelights on, the ignition comes on when i press the brake!

Brown trousers.

also, when i'm driving along with no lights on and i press the brake, the front right sidelight comes on.

Yellow Socks.

Also, my brake lights work fine when the lights arnt on atall. but when the sidelights are on or greater, they just stay on constantly.

Sigh.

The Mods i've done recently which could make an effect are:

-Installed a Cig Lighter, +ve taken from ignition.( my crappy model didnt have one )
-Grinded the arches to fit the 17's better.

When i was grinding the drivers side front arch i took some of the plastic guard back on the firewall side of the arch, it revealed some black plastic which was worrying, but when i looked under the drivers side footwell i couldnt see what this was, it seemd to be pretty far from the fuse box. The "incision" i made is close to the door, about half way from floor to top of dash.

Any ideas? I've looked for obvious signs but havn't found any as yet.
J da Silva

8th Mar 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'd go to the doctors first and get that pissing and shitting problem sorted
penfold82

8th Mar 04 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont all rush at once!
MikeH

8th Mar 04 at 01:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm..... dodgy relay?

only a stab in the dark
Trucido

8th Mar 04 at 07:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol gonna sound really weird but have you got the right bulb in? 380 instead of a 382 or the other way round?

the ignition shouldnt start tho if you press the break :s thats just plain weird
penfold82

8th Mar 04 at 09:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well funny you should say that, the ignition thing seemed to go away if i disconnected the brake lights, fitted Led brake lights not long ago, that might be a deciding factor............. But yeah, it is still really wierd. Gonna strip down the arch today to see if i've munched anything. Still dont think i have tho.

Trucido

8th Mar 04 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because i know if you put a bulb in with a double filament into one thats supposed to use only a single filament some really weird shit happens on some cars...i kno one car had the headlights coming on when u pressed the brake lol just coz the bulb was wrong
MattyB

8th Mar 04 at 09:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I Can gaurentee its the wiring on ur cig lighter.

That incorporates connections from the lighting relay, the ignition feed and earth.

U wanna take the cig lighter out, and re-do it from scratch. Thats where ur problem lies.

Matt
penfold82

8th Mar 04 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Think that might be it! Couple of weeks ago i stuck in my lexus lights, they do have a double pin socket, thought it was wierd when i saw it. Dont think I checked the Led ones Before putting them in, Betcha theyre only single tho cos i woulda noticed............. Fingers X'd ya mighta cracked it Trucido! I'm off to get new bulbs.
penfold82

8th Mar 04 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thought it mighta been the Cig lighter, but i ripped it out as soon as i noticed the problem and its still doing it. Thats when i started to really brick it cos it looked likely that i'd melted somethin. I'm gonna try the bulb thing first and if that doesnt help i'll check out the effects of the cig lighter further.

Cheers guys, i'll let you's know later on.
DangerousDave16v

8th Mar 04 at 11:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rip out all that gig lighter shite, arnt lighters like a quid for 40 of them at the market
sfxer

8th Mar 04 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but you cant power handy things like compressors from your cheapy fag lighter! lol
myke

9th Mar 04 at 00:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i've got weird crap like this happening with my calibra.
only have taillights on 1 side, and one front side light, but when the brake pedal goes down, the other side light comes on.

very weird. try looking at all your earth points. even the gearbox earth strap being dodgy can effect your electrics liek this apparently.
penfold82

9th Mar 04 at 17:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry for the delayed reply fellaz. Turns out it was the bulbs, i had the good old single filament ones in and forgot that my new lexus lights need double filament. I cant believe how much trouble that caused!!!! Shorting out the ignition and brake lights just cos of a bulb, lol.

Sorry but the cig lighter is a necessity for chargin my phone everytime i'm on my way to work straight from the biatches house and for gettin some air in my rubbers......... < theres an image.

Oh almost forgot, My lexus lights have a Fcukin annoying black border on them which i'm very tempted to try and paint, so i'll start a new post when i can be bothered takin a photo.

New Poll