corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » For anyone thats had both a Corsa B and C....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author For anyone thats had both a Corsa B and C....
cobra148

User status: Offline
7th Mar 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The C looks a phyisically bigger car, but is there much more room than the B, especially in the rear? Any good/bad points on the C over the B?
I'm thinking of changing cars for something with more room, the Mrs has ideas on another Corsa though, so might look at the C.
CorsaLad

7th Mar 04 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have driven both the B and C. They are both 3 doors, but I wouldnt say there seemed to be too much difference betwen them.

Any more specific questions?
cobra148

7th Mar 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got a 3 door now and thinking of a 3 door C too. I guess I'll need to check one out at the dealers. I just need a bit more interior room, especially in the rear and hatch area. I've not taken a close look at a C but they appear to be a slightly bigger car.
Combat_Quinny

7th Mar 04 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

there a much bigger car m8 3inches wider 5 inches taller and a little bit longer i think, my c has alot more space than my old b
M4tt

8th Mar 04 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i have a corsa B and me bro has a C and theres more room up front in the C, more headroom, but passenger legroom in the back is about the same
R Lee

8th Mar 04 at 01:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it feels a lot more spacious in the C. whether it is in reality i don't know. my old corsa b felt a wee bit cramped and im only small.
CorsaLad16v

8th Mar 04 at 02:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i'm 6ft3 and fit comfortably in my C with the headroom n legroom etc, i aint really sat in the back of my car lol n i'v had it a year.
Most of my mates have got a corsa b & the C feels like theres a lot more room

[Edited on 08-03-2004 by CorsaLad16v]
sfxer

8th Mar 04 at 11:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

c is bigger but its also no where near as nice
CorsAsh

8th Mar 04 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There seems to be bigger blind spots with the C, the C pillars are thicker on them than the Bs. More room overall I'd say tho...

The only mildly irritating thing I've found with my dad's 52 plate corsa is that the throttle seems a bit laggy, but i think thats down to the fly by wire accelerator.
Rob H

8th Mar 04 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup as has been said already, the C's feel alot bigger inside compared to the B's upfront. Rear is about the same, both will accomadate 4 adults easily enough.

As for the throttle lagging, yes its very noticable. I suppose you'd get used to it after a while if you drove it, but seems very strange when you first drive one. Dont get it on the 1.4's though .

Handling as standard is miles better than the B's, not as much body roll etc. Mine's a bit bumpy, but it might not be as bad on cars without sports suspension.

Overall the C's feel alot better to drive than the B's, but i suppose thats down to personal prefference .
cobra148

8th Mar 04 at 18:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey Rob, I've just put a deposit down on one like yours. Got a test drive on Wednesday, anything to look out for?
Rob H

8th Mar 04 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by cobra148
Hey Rob, I've just put a deposit down on one like yours. Got a test drive on Wednesday, anything to look out for?

Yeah mate there shit. The wheels fall off in a week, the engines are prone to spontaneously combust, and the interior falls apart if you go over speed bumps too fast

Seriously though, check that it starts alright. My mates just had £1500's worth of ecu put on his 1.4 becuase the car would caught and sputter when he started it, and sometimes it'd cut out when dipping the clutch coming upto junctions. Also mines gotta go in for a new steering rack when the parts arrive. If you turn the steering wheel 45deg, then turn it back quickly, and do it reapeatedly, if you hear a loud knocking coming from underneath the dash, then the steerings racks buggered . Mines not done 10k yet, 13 months old. Appart from that theres nothing i can think of, and both of those, and any other faults will be covered under the three years warranty .

What you gone for anyway? Oh and did you manage to get those LED's sent off Friday?

[Edited on 08-03-2004 by Rob H]
Red_SXi

8th Mar 04 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi Rob.

My dad is a driving instructor, so we've had both corsa b's, and now C's. And the build quality of the C apart from having some little problems that people know about (steering rack, squeeky clutch pedal) does feel a better built car to drive. Visibility isn't as good. And the mirrors seem HUGE when you do the changeover. TBH i think you would be impressed with the corsa C over the B. Also it doesn't have as much body roll as the B, even tho it still has quite a bit
Daimo B

8th Mar 04 at 18:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I prefer my Corsa B to drive any day, so does Donna

Corsa C (SXi) is a goog little base runaround model to get from A-B though. ITs got a LOT mroe room inside than the B, but its also a lot smaller to drive. Getting my car down my drive and Donnas in my B is easy, getting her C down the drives a pain in the rectum. Also to do with the rear 3/4 view though.
kev_corsa

8th Mar 04 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ive had both, i vote C any day
Visionz

8th Oct 04 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

C is bigger, but gives less visibility and doesnt look so cool.
ainsley_brader

8th Oct 04 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

he boutght one 5 months ago!

New Poll