corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Corsa Work In Progress Pics....(2.5 V6 with NOS est 320+bhp)

New Poll
  <<  4    5    6    7  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author My Corsa Work In Progress Pics....(2.5 V6 with NOS est 320+bhp)
BeArDy

User status: Offline
6th Mar 04 at 14:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 Gti 16v. Engine 1.6 litre 16v multipoint injection. Power 120 BHP, max torque
107lb ft @ 5200 RPM.
Screaming Vtec

1st Apr 04 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

!06GTI..

You make it sound like more power will slow you down?

a 450bhp Corsa even front wheel drive would be faster than a 150bhp one.. even accounting for the wheelspin.. You can always back off you know

Basically mate, I wouldnt stand a chance against this corsa, so you're definately not going to

Fair play to you Beardy, lot of work, but its different from the norm!

My guess is it will be better to drive than a LET, as the power will come in smooth, not all in one lump of torque like a turbo..
stubbsy

1st Apr 04 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

are you keeping interior beardy with roll cage or stripping it out ????
mike16v

1st Apr 04 at 11:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by stubbsy
are you keeping interior beardy with roll cage or stripping it out ????

he has new interior
Kris TD

1st Apr 04 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this car is amazing, saw it last week
dinosaur

24th Apr 04 at 00:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't get good traction in my car, off the line, and engine has slightly longer duration cams like +10 bhp, powerflow system, powercap etc, its not as fast as my friends VTS. If the road is long enough I can catch him up and pull away.

Next plan is larger wheels, more rubber on the road.
J da Silva

24th Apr 04 at 09:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
Next Steve will be telling us he could beat LET corsa's........

I mean keeping up with valvers was one thing Steve....but V6s........the GTi aint that invincible!

the LET i raced at avon park last year was actually behind me up until about halfway then he took off and beat me, off the mark they are not very good

UTTER BULLSHIT! maybe the driver of the let was not that good,and also no need to spin the wheels trying to get speed up, there is a very easy way to prevent wheelspinning and anyone who has good driving experience will tell you this, because as your going up the rev range as the wheels are about to spin the rev needle will 'blip' and then you lift off to select another gear. if you raced a good experienced driver in the same car he would have raped you from the start. FACT
LukeGSi

24th Apr 04 at 10:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VenomTurbo
quote:
Originally posted by Steve106GTi
the LET i raced at avon park last year was actually behind me up until about halfway then he took off and beat me, off the mark they are not very good

UTTER BULLSHIT! maybe the driver of the let was not that good,and also no need to spin the wheels trying to get speed up, there is a very easy way to prevent wheelspinning and anyone who has good driving experience will tell you this, because as your going up the rev range as the wheels are about to spin the rev needle will 'blip' and then you lift off to select another gear. if you raced a good experienced driver in the same car he would have raped you from the start. FACT

have to agree with mr venom a LET would rape a 106 no worries
J da Silva

24th Apr 04 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its the fact he says they are shite off the start, very inexperienced view and he's only having a guess anyway
dinosaur

29th Apr 04 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I watched a vid where a civic drag ar had the biggest set of slicks on I've seen, obviously thars for the traction, I was thinking of getting larger wheels and more rubber for mine, but the increase in wheel size blunts acceleration. If I had the traction i'd be getting under 7 secs to 60.
Right now, if I get dry weather can get to 100 in about 20, which isnt brilliant for a 2.0 Corsa.

<<  4    5    6    7  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » My Corsa Work In Progress Pics....(2.5 V6 with NOS est 320+bhp) 22 database queries in 0.0170290 seconds