corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » engines

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author engines
random dav
Premium Member

User status: Offline
2nd Mar 04 at 21:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reet ppl i put a similar post up a few weeks ago but since then i been thinking lol, i was gonna put a 1.6 16v with engine code X16XE in me 1.4 sport X14XE but i noticed the Vectra SRi 120 engine code is X18XE, will this go straight in with an ECU swap??? dont wanna go down the valver route, wnat summat different as i be keeping the car till it dies

WRLFC !

Project cars
3CorsaMeal

2nd Mar 04 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i asked this before, was think of a 1.8 lump from astra sport.........can't remember what was said tho.
random dav
Premium Member

2nd Mar 04 at 22:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone

WRLFC !

Project cars
miles

2nd Mar 04 at 22:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I imagin it would be exactly the same amount of work as fitting the c20xe. The 1.8's are big blocks so will require the same changes to engine mounts and driveshafts, the wiring will probably be the same as the 2.0, maybe harder due to the newer car having a more advanced electrical system, eg immobiliser.

Be better with the lightweight 1.6 for the sake of about 10bhp gain....
Kris TD

2nd Mar 04 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

use the c18xe if your gonna do a 1.8 16v, they are rated at 125 bhp but i have seen several standard ones running over 140 bhp.

ask on mig about this engine, its basically a 1.8 redtop.

New Poll