corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitted a ecotek valve on sat

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitted a ecotek valve on sat
c4r5aj4m1e

User status: Offline
25th Feb 04 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

as above and i felt a big difference, the car pulls much smoother through the gears and doesnt use half as much petrol. i would recommend it to any of you guys.
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where can you get them from??
LukeGSi

25th Feb 04 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

price?? easy diy fit?? thought about this before but think it would fcuk up my fuelling for the n2o??
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont it make a real strange sound so have heard or have you got the little filter for it thats muffles the sound
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Greasemonkey
dont it make a real strange sound so have heard or have you got the little filter for it thats muffles the sound
yeah iv'e heard this aswell
c4r5aj4m1e

25th Feb 04 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you can get it from most decent motor shops and is a piss easy job to fit it, it does make a weird noise but i kinda like it but you can alway buy the muffler fo 20 quid. you will have to join it on with an extra bit of pipe. if you go to www.ecotekplc.co.uk there is a full decription including pic on how to fit it.
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 10:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£50 then £21 for the filter
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 10:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what does this do exactly??
Greasemonkey

25th Feb 04 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ecotek Technologies Plc. has developed the CB-26P which is designed to improve the efficiency of petrol engine vehicles by enhancing the combustion process. Such improvements in combustion result in lower emissions, better petrol consumption and better engine performance. Click here for a full technical explanation.

The Device has been extensively tested on literally hundreds of vehicles and which, the Department of Trade and Industry's Warren Spring Laboratory determined, produces the following reductions in emissions and fuel consumption:
Hydrocarbons down 4.8 %

Nitrogen Oxide down 17.1 %

Carbon dioxide down 21.0 %

Carbon monoxide down 27.9 %

Oxides of Nitrogen down 21.1 %

Fuel consumed down 21.8 %

Further tests conducted by motor distributors Evans Halshaw, using a Flowtronic 205 Impulse Recorder, showed fuel savings of between 15.9 % and 29.7% at speeds over 60 mph.

More comprehensive details of these and other tests can be found on the Test Results page.

The CB-26P is a mechanical device that can be fitted to almost any petrol engined vehicle, (where engine capacity exceeds 2.6 litres two devices fitted in series are required - see the 'Big Cats' page) and is attached to the vacuum pipe leading from/to the inlet manifold. (CB-26P delineates Clean Burn 2.6 litres. Petrol only).

The recommended UK retail price of the device is £59.50 inclusive of fitting plus VAT (£69.91 inclusive) or £48.99 mail order including post packing and VAT.

Conventional combustion theory is based on the smooth flow of induction and exhaust gasses. In the old days if you wanted to improve your cars performance you might have your head ‘gas flowed’ – this basically involves polishing the inlet and exhaust ports to make the gasses flow faster. More recently however, F1 engine development has involved what has become known as ‘swirl’ technology. This contradicts old notions by suggesting that turbulence in the induction gasses creates a better suspension of fuel molecules and thus more effective combustion.

The Ecotek CB-26P can be fitted directly in the inlet manifold or to a vacuum servo/breather hose close to the inlet manifold. It is a non return valve with a Venturi construction which injects minute quantities of agitated air into the manifold at certain specific pressures. Whilst this will lean the mixture very slightly the quantities of air are so small as to make little difference (5% approx) but they are sufficient to create the turbulence necessary to produce such a dramatic improvement in combustion efficiency. Such improvements more than overcome the slight leaning of the mixture and practical experience has shown that many engines actually run cooler with the device fitted.

The device is made in England to the highest standards from the best quality materials and in the unlikely event of mechanical breakdown the device is designed to fail safe. The CB-26P also carries £5 million of product liability insurance.

The CB-26P is guaranteed unconditionally against mechanical failure or wear for  two years and carries a money back satisfaction guarantee for 30 days. Such guarantees are made without reservation and do not prejudice the purchasers Statutory Rights in any way.

Technical.

The introduction of the revolutionary CB-26P into the manifold or plenum chamber after the throttle body (via a breather pipe, servo or tapped directly into the manifold) has now been extensively tested and found to produce a combustion enhancement effect.

The device works by taking advantage of an effect involving differential pressures known as the ‘Venturi’ effect, widely used in engineering for flow meters, gas-fired water heating systems and most famously in jet engines. The design of the device, which incorporates two perpendicular tubes with constricted throats conjoined into a T-junction, creates a change in pressure and velocity of the airflow in the centre of the device as the air traverses the tube.

A limited airflow originates via the device and is directed along a connecting pipe via the device into the inlet manifold. As this secondary air source combines with the air drawn through the conventional air intake turbulence is created which further combines with dispersed fuel droplets that have been injected by the EFI system or drawn out of the carburettor.

As a unit amount of air passing through a unit length of tube in a unit time always has to remain constant (the conservation of momentum), the constriction in the cross-sectional area of the tube has the effect of producing a higher flow velocity and a partial vacuum in the vertical down-pipe of the device.

Furthermore, the device has FOUR different modes of operation according to the rev speed of the engine and hence the velocity of the airflow to the inlet manifold:

1. At low revs.

The device incorporates a stiff-sprung stopper valve that acts to mitigate air intake and is designed so that when the engine is idling (when the engine is warm and the choke not operating) a very limited amount of air is drawn in – in other words the device bleeds very small amounts of air during tick over. There is nothing that can be done to significantly reduce fuel consumption in this state but the small amount of air drawn in via this ‘bleed’ can reduce emissions at tick over (particularly CO) without affecting smooth running. Furthermore, this bleed occurs throughout the rev range acting to sustain the turbulence initiated by the full operation of the device in 2. and 3. below.

2. With a neutral throttle and moderate acceleration (1500- 3500 rpm) OR after lifting off after hard acceleration.

In the case of both periods of moderate acceleration and in the few seconds after hard acceleration, there is a much higher pressure flow of air along the ‘T’ of the device and hence much stronger suction in the vertical down-pipe. As stated, the device incorporates a valve attached to a rigid steel spring and at certain engine speeds this is forced open by the partial vacuum, against the resistance of the spring, to allow air to be sucked in and restore the pressure inside the tube.

The valve will then return to its original position and the process repeated. The net effect of this is an oscillatory motion in the down-pipe the frequency of which is governed by the rigidity of the spring (the spring constant), the engine speed and the model of car to which the device is fitted.

It is this oscillatory motion and resultant longitudinal wave of compressed and then rarefied air that enhances combustion efficiency. This wave of air is transmitted along the connecting pipe until it reaches the opening of the inlet manifold where it disperses and greatly improves the mixing process of fuel and air. In normal combustion many of the larger fuel droplets fall out of the mixture and are expelled via the exhaust as unburned Hydrocarbon emissions. Due to the more finely dispersed fuel droplets created a much more efficient burn is produced.

The turbulence created here and in 3 below causes a compression of the detonation event by a very small amount. The effect of this can be to cause a slight advance in ignition timing though this falls well within the tolerances of production engines.

3. At high revs

At very high engine speeds, the oscillation process effectively breaks down and to a greater extent and the device will remain ‘open’. However, this improves the air intake into the inlet manifold and, as a result of its design, the effect of the air passing through the open valve causes it to swirl. This again creates improved fuel/air mixing and improved combustion. At high revs this can be at least as effective as the oscillatory effects at lower revs.

Any leaning of the fuel air mixture caused by the opening of the valve is compensated by the improvements in the suspension of the fuel molecules with the resultant maintenance or even reduction in combustion chamber operating temperatures.

4. Under all circumstances

Throttle response is improved under all conditions due to the fact that the device partially collapses the inlet vacuum. This, particularly in the case of electronically controlled fuel injection cars, creates a very small hesitation in the draft across the injectors when the accelerator is re-applied. This momentarily effects a significant increase in the petrol content of the AFR which in turn causes a noticeable increase in engine response.

Analysis undertaken and described by Scott Whittlesea MSCI. Bristol University.

The CB-26P can be fitted to all types of petrol engine vehicles whether carburetted or petrol injected, provided vacuum servo or breather pipe access is available to the manifold. This is the case, for instance, with cars that have power assisted braking. 

Some cars have narrow gauge servo pipe which can be sleeved over using 9.5mm fuel/emission tubing. In cases where such access is not available the CB-26P can be tapped directly into the manifold (thread 1/4" BSPT).

The device has been tested, and found to be effective, on the majority of cars presently in use. For further technical information please click the FAQ's and Cars and Fitting pages.
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- still reading it, i have fallen asleep twice

just kidding thanks for the info.
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 10:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok finished

so it sounds like its worth the money
broster
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 12:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got one, the noise pisses me off, but yeah it cuts down on fuel costs and dont affect performance at all, not sure if i gained and performance from it but yeah iv probably made my money back on it, easy to fit aswell, settin it up takes about 10mins to get it right tho!
Paul H

25th Feb 04 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
iv got one, the noise pisses me off, but yeah it cuts down on fuel costs and dont affect performance at all, not sure if i gained and performance from it but yeah iv probably made my money back on it, easy to fit aswell, settin it up takes about 10mins to get it right tho!
don't you fancy the little filter then or do you refuse to pay £21 for it
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so the filter stops some of the noise then??
broster
Premium Member

25th Feb 04 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iv got the little filter, the noise is stil lthe same with that on lol! and it kept catching on my inlet manifold and melted so i took it off!
Sjdickso

25th Feb 04 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The best place i found when i bought mine was from Speeding.co.uk cheaper then ecotek themselves.

The first 1000miles with it on sounded awful, mine sounded like i had cat under the bonnet crying out, whenever i eased off the acclerater.

Does make your car pull smother though.
c4r5aj4m1e

25th Feb 04 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it defo does make ur motor pull smoother and it defo cuts dwn on the fuel aswell. well worth the money , u will get the money back in no time
vibrio
Banned

25th Feb 04 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by c4r5aj4m1e
as above and i felt a big difference, the car pulls much smoother through the gears and doesnt use half as much petrol. i would recommend it to any of you guys.

fool
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mmm speedings just down the road from here......

how much was it from there??
Might have to get one if it cuts the fuel costs down....

OH and can the car still be ragged?
c4r5aj4m1e

25th Feb 04 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

rite ok im a fool, PRICK. jst u wait till u actually get a car little boy and they u can squeez tht intercooler into it
Sjdickso

25th Feb 04 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just looked it up from speeding they are £69.99 inc Filter and P&P., P.S if you do get one noonster,

Two things to take in .

1. you have to cut your brake vacum pipe.
2. You will have to buy 4 small dubliee clips and some over vacum piping.
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

- like im gonna be able to do that - you dont know me at all
c4r5aj4m1e

25th Feb 04 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it is piss easy to do jst get brand new jubilee clips so it grips so they r not bent so they grip all the way round the pipe.piss easy m8
Noonster

25th Feb 04 at 15:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YEP!!! you all really dont know me
c4r5aj4m1e

25th Feb 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll