corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » It doesn't fit .....

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author It doesn't fit .....
MJ

User status: Offline
   19th Feb 04 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have brought a sebring extreme back box and sebring striaght through pipe. i had a go at fittin it today and the striaght through is about 3" too long so it is hittin the cat. It seems like the flange on the end must move closer to the hanging hooks to fit onto the pipe inside the cat. Also it seems like the bend is not correct also as it is hittin the hand brake cable on the rear axle. Do u guys know wot could be the problem. Could it be that the pipe has been wrongly made.

Cheers guys

Mark
antscorsa

19th Feb 04 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe they sent u it for wrong cora like B shape instead of C , vice versa
BabyBlade

19th Feb 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

erm heard of people cutting the end near the cat to make exhausts fit before, duno why tho.

as for the back a lot of exhausts hang low and the exhaust knoking on the ream beam is a common fault

[Edited on 19-02-2004 by Sethion33]
MJ

19th Feb 04 at 22:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cheers guys, but other people have fitted them fine without no problems, i think i want a new pipe as it is no way near right. do any other compainies make straight through pipes
Joff

19th Feb 04 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've had straight-through pipes that didn't fit, even though they were the part listed for a Corsa B.

Send it back and get the part from another manufacturer.
Does the rear box line up with the hangers correctly? If so, keep that and see if you can get a different centre section.
MJ

20th Feb 04 at 00:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wot other manufactures do them
Mistamist

20th Feb 04 at 00:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

make your own, its easy, just get some correct diameter pipe cut out the centre box and couple of adapters and job dun. i did mine for total cost of £12 (including paste, tape and brackets)

New Poll