corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Water in heater matrix

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Water in heater matrix
Calum1577

User status: Offline
8th Feb 04 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am getting a build up of water in the drivers foot well and possibly the rear footwell. I can hear water running when i start the car so i think it might be the heater matrix. Has this happened to anyone and how did they fix it and also does anyone have any other idea's on what it could be? I also just fitted some lexus lights and think maybe they need tightened but i dont think they would let in as much water and wouldnt explain the running water noise when its dry outside. All help welcome. Cheers
Mossy01772

9th Feb 04 at 13:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I WOULD GET IT PRESSURE TESTED, I HAVE BEEN READING ABOUT PEOPLE WITH SIMILAR PROBLEM AND THEY HAVE HAD THE HEAD GASKET GOING SHORTLY AFTER, COULD BE AIRLOCKS IN THE SYSTEM.
ryzer

9th Feb 04 at 16:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

strange you say that because i have the same noise when i start my car, but i have a suspision that this might be because of a leak i may have in my coolant system... but i am not sure. get it to a garage if i were u!
DangerousDave16v

9th Feb 04 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have it too, i dont believe so many of our head gaskets could be going. mine uses a bit of water but only a pint or so in the last 6000 miles, it only does it when cold. the heads never been off and the cars only done 35 k. it must be the heater matrix, altho i should get it pressurised to check
dont think it could be an airlock, cos i was told the cooling system bleeds itself of excess pressure.
i think im right in assuming its only the ecotec models which gargle? ive heard my mates cars do it too.

New Poll