corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » fitting lowering springs ??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author fitting lowering springs ??
jono22

User status: Offline
30th Jan 04 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have just purchased a set off pi lowering springs for my car, car is on a "02 reg with around 16k on the clock, will fitting lowering springs only have much effect on the rest off the suspension set up ?? ie. have heard that fitting springs alone as opposed to uprated shocks etc, will kill off the shocks, anyone advise ?? what else will be needed when fitting the springs to set the car up properly ?? also 35-40mm lower suspension, okay with speed bumps etc ??!!

any advice on the above would be much appreciatted,

cheers
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

30th Jan 04 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

much bumpier ride, shocks may wear out quicker. u will prob need spring coil compressors or u cl end up them springin in ur face, if u dnt know how to do it i would take it2 a garage. cost about 55-60quid to have em fitted
Adam-D

30th Jan 04 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

it will be okay as speed bumps
shocks will die no question as they are not made for those springs
u will need replacement bolts for the shocks as they are 1 use only and you will need spring compressors

also if you have little mechanical knowledge or are unsure in any way get someone who knows what there doing as if the shock springs off due to incorrcetcly compression it can kill you

also if you fit them wrong and they fail whilst driving your insurance will be invalid
MattM

30th Jan 04 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got em fitted for £60 all in. Bumpier ride, but the improved looks outweigh that. I do low mileage so Im hoping the shocks will hold...

New Poll