corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Fuel Filter? when should i change it and how??

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Fuel Filter? when should i change it and how??
MoNkEy MaGiC

User status: Offline
25th Jan 04 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how often should the fuel filter be changed??

ive got a "L"reg corsa B Gsi, ive had it for 2years and i havnt changed the fuel filter since i got it!
i fill up every 6-7 days and normaly only use Shell unleaded, and once or twice a month Shell Optimax.

was in Halfords today n saw the fuel filter for my car, looks like a big Duracell battery with a thin tube at each end,
ive never seen this under the bonnet?? were is it?? How do i change it?? and it difficult to do??

cheers
cobra148

25th Jan 04 at 19:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its real easy to do, in fact I should do mine. All you need do is release the filter from its retaining strap (one bolt) then release the connector holding the fuel line on.
Its not under the bonnet, but under the car, not sure exactly where until I look, but follow your fuel line from the tank until you see a cylinder about half the size of a Coke can, this will be it.
MoNkEy MaGiC

25th Jan 04 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh ok, so its somewere under the car then, will it not leak as soon as i disconnect the fuel line from it???

and how often should it be changed??
M4tt

25th Jan 04 at 19:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its just in front of the rear drivers side wheel
cobra148

25th Jan 04 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes, you'll get some fuel come out when you disconnect the hoses, so you'll need a container to catch it in. Take the filler cap off first to take pressure out of the system so not a lot of fuel will leak out. Should be changed every 20K
MoNkEy MaGiC

25th Jan 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cool, il change it this week

20K!!! thats a long time as i only do 5k yearly, if the fuel filter is not changed in a long while wat sort of problems does it or can it give?? coz recently im having bad idleing problems and flat spots at about 4revs

New Poll