corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Carnt Decide What to do

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Carnt Decide What to do
Greasemonkey

User status: Offline
14th Jan 04 at 14:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am gonna be starting a second job soon to get some more cash so i can save up for engine mods and still pay off my debts, what should i do save £1500 and have a C20XE, save more for maybe a turbo, throttle bodies for my completely re-built C16XE thats had £1000's spent on it, turbo the C16XE i dunno, am i wasting time and money with the 1.6 should i swallow my pride and save up £1500 and give my car to beardy for a weekend????
By the way Beardy if i supplied the engine how much to fit the C20XE and C20LET????
broster
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 14:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

keep the 1.6, get some tb's mate, u no it makes sence, the engine uv got is pratically new now!
whitter45

14th Jan 04 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i agree. throttle bodies on the 1.6 as u have spent a fortune getting it right so it would not make sense to get a new engine IMO
luca2020

14th Jan 04 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

depends on what u actualy want from your car

ull never get as much power from the 1.6 than a 2.0, but if u actualy race it then keep the lightness of the 1.6
antscorsa

14th Jan 04 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

TURBO, everyone on ere going for TBs
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh i just dont know, i aint big into body kits all i am really bothered about it power, i want a very tidy GSI that will slay most things on the road, its gotta be a LET, its ALLOT of money though, i always do the wrong thing and regret it
broster
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 15:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just do what andy has done to his 1.6 mate, well work towards it, thats mad!
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah but will it be as quick as i want i dont wanna throw away all this money and still want a turbo, plus i dont wanna have to rev the engine upp to 9000RPM to get the power, just keep thinking i am wasting me time now, is throttle bodies the best thing for my engine or is there another step up from them, or is all the big power gains based around throttle bodies, i would quite like the top speed of a F28 or F20 gear box, 121Mph aint enough
broster
Premium Member

14th Jan 04 at 15:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

surely u can turbo throttle bodies if u have the money, worth a try
antscorsa

14th Jan 04 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do a turbo ur luv the ptissh and ur b different
DangerousDave16v

14th Jan 04 at 15:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to see a nice tidy ,not too over the top LET corsa,as the ones ive seen are a bit mingin. i reckon yours could be that, if you get top dollar for the gsi lump.
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats what i ultimately want, a turbo, i will only end up selling me car summer and buying a turbod motor!!!!, who wants to turbo my 1.6 GSI then for a good price, i aint paying Regal Or Courteney
whitter45

14th Jan 04 at 15:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

gotta think about when u come to sell it though. not alot of people would want a turbo. If u keep the 1.6 with tb's it is still a GSI really (by this i mean it still has a 1.6) so u would be able to sell it easier
Siberia

14th Jan 04 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

save up for the LET it will all the power u ever need and will blitst anything if its tuned properly

it will turn out cheaper and u will get alot more benifit for your money.

forget about selling it drive it till the death which will be never if looked after properly

[Edited on 14-01-2004 by Siberia]
miles

14th Jan 04 at 18:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who are all these people with throttle bodies?

Depends how long you seriously think you'll want to keep the corsa for. How long will it take you to save £2k + for mods/conversion.

Might be worth buying a new car. Cav/Cally turbo will be my next port of call.
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i will be able to comftably save enough for a throttle body kit or C20XE by june, LET would be a year away probably, if i do get throttle bodies that come with managment is it a waste of time me getting a unichip next month as i will get a new ECU come june???
Neshol

14th Jan 04 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why would you need to go faster than 121mph?
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cos i wanna piss my mate off in his scooby, when he hits his limiter of 144 i wanna still be pulling away
LOL
on private roads of course, i just want a quick car that i know most people will struggle to beat, i aint necessarily gonna use it its just nice to know its there if ya get what i mean
DangerousDave16v

14th Jan 04 at 19:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah i know what you mean, a calibra turbo will be less ball ache tho, unless you want to be a wolf in sheeps clothing of course
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats exactly it matey, i would love to see a scooby drives face as i crusie past at 155 LOL
No seriously i strive for a wolf in sheeps clothing type of car, i am looking through the SBD website at the mo lookin at throttle bodies, i just dont know, would my spec engine with DTA engine managment and throttle bodies beat a C20XE'd corsa ?????, cos if not i will get the C20XE
Neshol

14th Jan 04 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you're THAT bothered about top end, better off with bigger cc I think
Siberia

14th Jan 04 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just dont c what yer trying to whip that 1.6 with a stick to get some performance out of it

3 letters LET!
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOL, dont say that i had just made my mind up to get the 164 Throttle body kit, i aint sure now he he, if i did get a kit which is best SBD with there managment or Velos with DTA engine managment??
Tapered or straight throttles i dunno, if i get the 164 kit i can upgrade in the future, my aim now is to have a 200 or very nearly 200BHP 1.6 GSI
All i need is, double valve springs, valve caps, deeper pockets in my pistons, steel conrods, machined head to take the re-profiled cam lobes of the new cams i need LOL, not much eh and the list goes on...............
Greasemonkey

14th Jan 04 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think i need a good chat with Miles and Andy about this one, i think they know there stuff when it comes to TB's
Siberia

14th Jan 04 at 21:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

blah 200BHP

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll