corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » camera van pics(DONT TRUST THEY CAN IDENTIFY YOU)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author camera van pics(DONT TRUST THEY CAN IDENTIFY YOU)
ado

User status: Offline
11th Jan 04 at 19:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just thought all you modders out there would like to know this.
Was done for speeding few months ago,sent the form off with no signature,they sent back i sent back with no signature again,they sent back again with letter telling me that if i didnt sign it they would sent officers round to do interview.
Thought i should send off for my pics that were taken off me speeding.
Ive jusy recieved them and theres no way that i can be identified from these photos,i rang them up agian and asked if they were as good pics they have got they said yes.
Taking them to the solicitor next week.
O and not had any officers at the door yet.

IF ANY OF YOU GET DONE FOR SPEEDING ALLWAYS GET THE PICS,IF THEY CANT IDENTIFY YOU GO TO THE LEGAL BEAGLES THEY WILL GET YOU OFF IF YOU CANT BE IDENTIFIDED WITHOUT ANY DOUT.

Happy F***ing off the police!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

[Edited on 11-01-2004 by ado]
dannycorsa c

11th Jan 04 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but they will still ask who was driving ur car at this time wont they! and were u were at this time and who u lent the car to if it wasnt you! the only way i can see getting round that is if it was a works vehicle that many people have access to then u can say that u cant be sure who wud have been drivin at the particular time!
Makarus

11th Jan 04 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They will still catch you.

Can they identify it is your car??? If so they will then blame it on you.
dannycorsa c

11th Jan 04 at 19:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you cant say it werent u drivin as they will ask u who u lent the car to and u cant say i dont no coz no 1 in there right mind wud lend there car to any tom dick or harry wud they
Tom J
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

11th Jan 04 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is there any1 else insured on the vehicle? if u say to them u and the other person were swapping over driving so u dont know who was driving?
WARPED

11th Jan 04 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

in a recent case someone with an insurance policy got off from speeding as the police could prove who was driving... BUT

you have to be able to prove that it could have been either of you driving and that you have made an effort to recall the driver, unless its your wife/girlfriend who u always share the car with (or a mate you could say u always share the drivin with ) then unlikely to get away with it

worth a try though
Makarus

12th Jan 04 at 00:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The way they work is if they can see the registration number of the car they will prosecute the legal owner as registered to the DVLA, because they see that because it is your car you should at all times know who is in control of it, if not then they can only logically put the blame at your door.

They aint stupid mate.
whitter45

12th Jan 04 at 00:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my mate tried it and ended up with a bigger fine and more points, not worth it
CRB 553

12th Jan 04 at 00:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no its the driver not the car owner that gets done...
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
12th Jan 04 at 00:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Registered keeper gets it. They won't leave it open.
leon_in_uk

12th Jan 04 at 09:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish they would of let me off before i lost my licence with 6 points in 1 day!!!! ttt. the solicitors didnt give a shite and they didnt no or want to no about the loop hole!
Scott

12th Jan 04 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wouldnt it cost more to go a legal route than a £60 fine would ???
JJ

12th Jan 04 at 10:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did actually get away with this once, they sent the notice of intended prosecution out to me (by recorded delivery), i filled it in (within 21 days) but filled in the wrong bit... They sent it back (not by recorded delivery) asking me to complete the form properly and send it back with in 28 days... I thought id risk it cos it wasnt sent by recorded delivery and could maybe just say i never recieved it, so i chucked it in the bin... that was 8 months ago... think I'm in the clear
leon_in_uk

12th Jan 04 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

do the crime and pay the fine you fckuker i had to and lost my licence, teached me a lesson just get on with it........
leon_in_uk

12th Jan 04 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

stop tryin to creap under your rug
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If a brown envelope arrives, don't open it. Hand it to another member of the household saying: "please deal with this and ensure that my legal obligations are met." The form should not be signed to ensure that it is not admissible under s12 of the RTOA 1988. It is important that you do not give instructions about how the envelope should be dealt with. This will ensure that your rights are the same as Yorke's.

There's an advantage in running Yorke's defence if the person who fills in the form can't testify against you. This applies to spouses and to legal representatives who are bound by "client privilege".

trick is, your wife cant testify against her husband

this is how dwight yorke got away with it

[Edited on 12-01-2004 by WARPED]
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

anyone know if this is still the case as i havent dealth with a case concerning speeding for ages, though i did hear that recently someone (i think hamiltons) got away with it as they shared the driving all the time and cudnt remember who was driving at the time.

any other legal guys on here know the case im on about?
JJ

12th Jan 04 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so what does the wife fill in on the form then???
leon_in_uk

12th Jan 04 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dwight yorke is also a millionaire... ttt. the best site for this is www.pepipoo.co.uk just put upo with it, you cant win anymore.. the loophole has been figured out
big eck

12th Jan 04 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
They will still catch you.

Can they identify it is your car??? If so they will then blame it on you.

Just because it was his car it dosent mean he was driving, the police cant force you to admit you were driving, its a breach of human rights.
JJ

12th Jan 04 at 13:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely they can force u to say who was driving!!!
baza31

12th Jan 04 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What happens if some1 nicks ur plates and goes thru a speed camera at 90. can u get out of it???
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

JJ - wife fills in the form as your spouse cannot testify aginst you in court, that means she cannot be a part of the presecutions case.

it is illegal under the human rights act to make you say you were driving but there is a law which says that the registered keeper of the car has to provide informaiton on who was driving, as ive already said, in the case of christina hamilton (i think) as the registered keeper they showed that they had made an effort to remember who was driving but couldnt actually work it out, getting around the problem.

you could claim that it isnt your car (and some1 must have copied your plates), but not sure on the law regarding this, imagine you would have to have an alliby from an independant witness, ie not one of your mates and the burden of provving you werent in the car would be on your head.

easier just not to get caught speeding by not speeding

[Edited on 12-01-2004 by WARPED]
JJ

12th Jan 04 at 15:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well said, however, i just threw the second notice in the bin and havnt heard anything since... been 8 months now... do ya think I'm in the clear??? I still panic every time a brown letter is sent to me house lol...
WARPED

12th Jan 04 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think there is an experiy time by which they have to have began proceedings against you, not too sure on that but would be worth finding out if the letter ever turns up, also heard a story from a friend of mine that if you send the cheque off for the fine and make it say 1 pound more than it should be, then when they send u back a cheque for 1 pound (the difference) dont cash it, as only when you have cashed it can they put points on your liscense

not sure if its true but might be worth a try

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll