corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Cooling fan Problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cooling fan Problem
Black Corsa SRi

User status: Offline
   3rd Jan 04 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to have a new radiator in my car in december everything seemed fine just generally driving around, but yesterday for the 1st time, since ive not been using my car much over xmas, i got stuck in traffic and i noticed the coolant temp going up a bit quicker than normal and when it got to the temp where the cooling fan would normally kick in (about 98ish) it did not come on. i've checked the obvious stuff, suc as the wiring it all seems fine i've chekced the fuse and the coolant level seems fine. everything worked perfectly before it had the new radiator (this was due to crash damaged radiator) i'm wondering if theres an air lock in the radiator as its new and so coolant has recently been refilled which is stopping the sensor in the top of the rad which activates cooling fan from sensing the heat as the coolant can not get to the top of the rad, like if coolant was low, especially due to quick rising temp. Do people agree with this? as the work is still under gurantee as its only been a few weeks so i am taking the car back on monday, i just want to be sure its a feasible thing i'm saying and if anyones got any suggestions as to what else it could be could they also let me know.

Cheers, and sorry for the long post!

Rob
miles

User status: Offline
3rd Jan 04 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bridge the fan switch wires and see it that puts the fan on.

New Poll