corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » WIRING NIGHTMARE

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author WIRING NIGHTMARE
krismufc

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 03 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need help with this urgently.
I tried to wire up the fogs on a gsi bumper but it has all gone pear shaped.
I tried to connect it to the loop on the side light circuit and when it was switched on alot of the original wiring loom melted (well the positive on the side lights), which i take is the grey/red wire??
I have cut this right back, just behind the glove box where i thought it was alright and the new wire is fine, but the part of original wire i left there started to melt again.
I thought the original cause was that when i spliced into the side light circuit, i trapped the earth with the live, but am unsure what to do now.
I urgently need help as this has disabled the car for daytime use only
any ideas???
Richie

24th Dec 03 at 02:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Disconnect your fogs altogether for the moment mate as you are definatly shorting something out, and why the fuck your fuse isnt kicking in ill never know!

If you are worried mate i suggest you drive it to Vaux as whats gone on there is a serious electrical hazard and i would suggest that if the fuse didnt kick in to blow and cut the circuit that the electrical system needs looking over anyway.....
darkstar

24th Dec 03 at 02:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

its best to connect fog lamps to the battery on there own cable, and a cable thats calculated to take the stated current of the fog lamps, ive seen cables melt and set on fire from incorrect wiring
Richie

24th Dec 03 at 02:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The proper way to connect fogs up is to tap into the sidelights for the switched live that you should take to the switch on a 20a relay, then connect the output on the relay to the possies on the fogs, and give the relay a 20a fused positive feed from the battery, and ground it.

Richie

24th Dec 03 at 02:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont forget to earth the fogs of course

New Poll