corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Flush top vent and straight accorss bonnet.......How do i get bonnet open now? pics inside!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Flush top vent and straight accorss bonnet.......How do i get bonnet open now? pics inside!
5doormodder

User status: Offline
23rd Dec 03 at 19:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello, Ive just flushed the vent on my bumper and im also b'boying and flushing the bonnet straight across the at bottom. Trouble is i dont know how im gonna get my finger inside to undo the bonnet latch when its popped up?!?!

Has anyone else done this before 9Ive seen laods) I just want to know ho to get around it !!

Any help would be much appritiated!

Sorry about the poor quality pic it was just taken about 20 mins ago in pitch darkness, with the aid of a tourch !! LOL !!

Also any comments on the bumper would be appritiated, as it took me ages to do it all !!

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
Daimo B

23rd Dec 03 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What like this?

We have no problems getting the bonnet open still. Just fairly tight on the fingers. Also, if your that worried, do as i've got, weld a small extension onto the origial bonnet release bar so it hangs lower.
AdamF
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 19:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

get rid of that lip at the top as you wont see it when you do bonnet and then you will be able to get at the bonnet ctach
5doormodder

23rd Dec 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Daimo B - I thought about extending the latch so it was easier to get to, But i wasnt sure if i would even get my fingers through !

Thanks for helping me out everyone ! Really appritiate it !

[Edited on 18-05-02 by 5doormodder]
AdamF
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here is my front my bonnet latch is in same place etc but i havent got that lip that you have in your bumper. i never had a prob with mine

5doormodder

23rd Dec 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, That lip does get in the way a bit, It makes it a tight squeeze to get your finger in.

My bumper is the panique bumper though and it needs that little lip because thats how its fastened to it. I will just have to mark where the latch is and make a little recess so you can get to it easily.
5doormodder

23rd Dec 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, That lip does get in the way a bit, It makes it a tight squeeze to get your finger in.

My bumper is the panique bumper though and it needs that little lip because thats how its fastened to it. I will just have to mark where the latch is and make a little recess so you can get to it easily.
Dom

23rd Dec 03 at 20:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just an idea, is it possible to wack on a solenoid to open the catch? It probably wouldnt work, but it would be pretty niffty if you could get something that to work
5doormodder

23rd Dec 03 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it is possible, i just cant be arsed with the hastle !
RichR
Premium Member

23rd Dec 03 at 23:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont have ne problem with mine, neither does stubbsy - ours have the lip, but a 2p sized semi circle cut out where the latch is for easy accesss - never had a problem

Icy

24th Dec 03 at 00:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

panique been totally smoothed?
looks quite good
Greg_M

24th Dec 03 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how uch to get this done, and where?

what involved, take it you have to move the radiator
5doormodder

24th Dec 03 at 19:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did all the work on it myself.

Good point abou the radiator ! I dont think i need to move the readiator, this kit isnt going on until about febuary time.

Has anyone else hd to move the radiator, or will a cold air feed do the trick ??
AdamF
Premium Member

25th Dec 03 at 10:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would you have to move the rad? also where would you put it
Greg_M

25th Dec 03 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mount it behind the grille in the bumper, like the super chargers on the jap cars.

I dunno it was a question, not a statement.

[Edited on 25-12-2003 by Greg12v]

New Poll