corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » r5 turbo's ummm quick maybe not lol

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author r5 turbo's ummm quick maybe not lol
corsa120

User status: Offline
18th Dec 03 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just came in from goin bank and getting fuel i came off a roundbout and up behind me came a renault 5 gt turbo well modded and must be tuned slightly!!!, i have 1.6 16v sport with 4 branch an filter etc probs 110-112bhp
i thought sod ill have a go we both nailed it and for 1/4 mile approx he did not get past i wooped it but suddenly his turbo must have wound up and he just had enough to overtake but not tremendously fast either but did get past this made me think they are actually not as quick as u think YES i lost but with abit of pride as i gave it a good goin he new too coz of his face lol lol

an for all those who say he was not trying he was i can tell the sound of a engine being revved highly i aint stupid also it was a turbo due to the the very loud tttssshhhhhh lolol
vibrio
Banned

18th Dec 03 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL
corsa starter

18th Dec 03 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done mate good goin
koolkorsa

18th Dec 03 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol his car must of bin fucked or sumfing, cos renault 5 turbos are rapid. 7 seconds 0-60. thats 2 secs quiker than urs.
Marc

18th Dec 03 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ross was driving the gtt
Drew
Banned

18th Dec 03 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
for 1/4 mile approx he did not get past i wooped it but suddenly his turbo must have wound up

glad my turbo dont take 1/4 of a mile to wind up
Marc

18th Dec 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

pmsl
Kris TD

18th Dec 03 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you sure it wasnt a 1.4 dressed up as a turbo, its a cardboard box with a turbo motor.
Andy Stocker

18th Dec 03 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It also has 120bhp ( more than your car), weighs less than your car & I would expect a shed load more torque as well.
Either he can't drive, his car fcuked or your name is Hintz & believe a TD nova can beat Skylines
MarkM

18th Dec 03 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PMSL at this post....im afraid couldnt be a 5 Turbo as it would of wasted you...im sorry this is a fact not an opinion...
corsa120

18th Dec 03 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you's can laugh all ya wont but i defo had the edge for abit then he overtook

o-60 in 7 secs yeh ok but do u no how far 7 secs is compared to 9.5 its like 2-3 car lengths not a friggin mile

dunno why ur all laughing i never even said i beat it just said upto about 70 i gave a good run the lad even put his thumb up, and whats the big deal about OH he cant drive it bet he can i could hear him revving and the dump valve kind of gives it away its a turbo some of u peeps are so stupid sometimes comin out with things like its a dressed up r5 and its not a turbo ER HELLO DUMP VALVE read my post
vibrio
Banned

18th Dec 03 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so he fluffed the start then
combat_sri

18th Dec 03 at 22:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i believe you mate,i was in my mates vtr when he was racing a gtt,it was pretty even,the gtt only had a very slight edge
corsa120

18th Dec 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vibrio yeh maybe he did you all seem to be getting on my back as if i said i wanked over over it totaly i never said that i just said i think i suprised him abit thats all i recon he thought he'd overtake straight away but he had to try harder than he thought meaning i dont think there as quick as u peeps recon

same as 1.6 vtec vti civic yes they are quick my best mate has one so hang around all the time it has 165bhp proven 160 standard and i dont think that is quick i defo dont put me back in my seat just loud so u think ur goin faster than u are

same as r5's an saxo's coz there light rattly tough ride u think ur goin faster than ur are EVER DONE 60 IN A MINI i rest my case
nik

18th Dec 03 at 22:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A half decent engined R5 will RAPE any standard engined corsa.
CORSA NUT

18th Dec 03 at 22:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa120
vibrio yeh maybe he did you all seem to be getting on my back as if i said i wanked over over it totaly i never said that i just said i think i suprised him abit thats all i recon he thought he'd overtake straight away but he had to try harder than he thought meaning i dont think there as quick as u peeps recon

same as 1.6 vtec vti civic yes they are quick my best mate has one so hang around all the time it has 165bhp proven 160 standard and i dont think that is quick i defo dont put me back in my seat just loud so u think ur goin faster than u are

same as r5's an saxo's coz there light rattly tough ride u think ur goin faster than ur are EVER DONE 60 IN A MINI i rest my case

That makes no fuking sense whatsoever

Let's set this straight mate..You only beat/kept up with him because he was either not really trying OR his car is fuked and losing power which on a R5 GGT is highly possible.

Now have a wank go to bed and dream of beating micra's.
combat_sri

18th Dec 03 at 22:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fuckin hell everyone,get off his back lol
he only stated he had a good go not beat him!
MattyB

18th Dec 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its possible - most R5's motors are shagged, and this one was too if you were keepin up. Prob runnin half boost or summat.

His thumbs up was to say "yeah, good one mate, you cant even beat a batter r5 on its last legs".

Matt

PS: Before u say it mate, yes i do own a diesel. Vibrio, sooty + marc16v have all pointed that out for me

Matt
CORSA NUT

18th Dec 03 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah Nik leave the poor kid alone!
CORSA NUT

18th Dec 03 at 22:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mat you have more BHP than me
MattyB

18th Dec 03 at 22:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Mat you have more BHP than me

Yours a 1.8 16v mate?
Paul_J

18th Dec 03 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

corsa120 - sounds like fun m8.

Why does everyone automatically assume that if anyone ever posts about the race they just had, they must of simply dreamt it.

There are loads of variables to take into count, things like who was in the power, who was carrying the momentum, whether it took a sec for the R5 driver to realise he was racing, whether the R5 was in the wrong gear at first... etc etc...

If someone posts a race they had - then leave it.

Thing is, street racing is nothing like racing on a 1/4 mile.

On a quarter mile, both parties know they're racing, both people will start racing at the same point, etc...

Street racing is much different, its usually only when one car has flown past another or 1 car, starts pulling away fast - that you realise they're up for a race.

thus its never a case of both cars going 0-60 in a straight line, race, as one car usually already has momentum.

i.e. I could be flying along a dual carriageway, doing say 65 mph and accelerating, fly past a Saxo VTR, and then have him floor it, and be catching but not by much coz we're both accelerating and I'm already going faster, then go round a roundabout and another stretch of dual carriage way and it end up being very close.

But when you look at the facts, a Saxo VTR will slaughter a 1.2 Sxi and if it was a agreed race, i.e. 'after 3 go' ... both start at the same time sort of race (i.e. 1/4 mile drag race) - then the VTR would nail me.

This is how people can write about cars they've beat / got beaten by, but not by much and the cars be obviously faster.

You see?
nik

18th Dec 03 at 22:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Yeah Nik leave the poor kid alone!

Guilty as charged I'm sorry. Have a good xmas and lovely new year
combat_sri

18th Dec 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well put paul
nik

18th Dec 03 at 22:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think your find we're having a laugh and don't really give a monkeys I doubt there would be much in it as the R5 is prob fucked and standard

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » r5 turbo's ummm quick maybe not lol 22 database queries in 0.1047781 seconds