corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » where is the idle valve

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author where is the idle valve
corsa120

User status: Offline
14th Dec 03 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

where is the idle control valve on 1.4/1.6 16v sports

also the egr valve if u no
Joff

14th Dec 03 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Idle Air Control Valve is buried beneath the fuel pipes as they pass between the inlet manifold and the coolant tank.

It's a right pain to get to and it's held in place by two Torx T-20 screws, but they're positioned down towards the back of the engine, so you can't even see them to undo them.

It IS possible to remove and refit the valve, but it took me about 4-5 hours in total because I had to leave it due to losing my temper .

EGR valve, fook knows - asked the same before but always got about 3 or 4 conflicting answers. When my management light turned out to be the EGR valve, I left it and after a while it went off never to return!

Once the idle valve is out, clean it with carb cleaner, reset the length on the main pin, give it a quick squirt with WD-40 and refit.
Joff

14th Dec 03 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There's a load of photos here:

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/garage.php?action=usergarage&owner=Joff&carid=1278&page=all
Born_corsa02

15th Dec 03 at 00:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The egr valve is the bit of plastic in the middle of the exhaust manifold with a pipe goin round to a box on the gearbox side of the engine hope this helps
broster
Premium Member

15th Dec 03 at 09:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that box thing is to warm up the cat so another thread says
Joff

15th Dec 03 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

See. I told you there's conflicting answers.

Even the EPC doesn't have a clue.
broster
Premium Member

15th Dec 03 at 09:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look in haynes, all makes sence! suprised how many people dont have a copy! it dont cost that much, for a corsa b!
Joff

15th Dec 03 at 10:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, Haynes is shit.

Two versions for the Corsa B and because mine's a changeover year neither are applicable
Born_corsa02

15th Dec 03 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Trust me that thing on the manifold in the middle is the egr valve it goes to that box which if you look is connected to the inlet manifold hence recirculating the gasses
broster
Premium Member

15th Dec 03 at 16:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mine is also the change over year, its an r plate, so i have the smae probs!

New Poll