corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » proper bad night... need urgant advice!!

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author proper bad night... need urgant advice!!
kz

User status: Offline
1st Dec 03 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

last night i got stoped by the police. they wanted to make sure all my mods were insured. they asked to see all of my documents... i had my license on me so that was okay. but not the others...

so they gave me a seven day wonder to produce them. thing is...

my car recently failed its MOT, and vauxhall quoted me £535 to fix the problem. now as im only on £40 per week atm i havent had the money to fix it... but ive still been driving it around a bit. only late at night (this was around 1:30am) and to local places. ive now found out that because my car doesnt have MOT the insurance is also void...

which means im gonna get proper fucked eh. does anyone have any advice on what to do? if not do you know whats gonna happen to me? i aint gonna loose my license am i... my mate said his mate got caught without insurance and he kept his license but got a £500 fine.

ty to anyone that can reply with some help
J da Silva

1st Dec 03 at 13:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask for more money in your wage slip mate, i pay my 16 year old apprentice 3 times what your gaffa gives u

[Edited on 01-12-03 by VenomTurbo]
Tim
Site Administrator

1st Dec 03 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The tax disc in your car in out of date then? Surely the police would have noticed this?
Mo

1st Dec 03 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just get hold of a dodgy m.o.t. and your done
Ty_Harris

1st Dec 03 at 13:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

DODGY MOTS FOR AROUND £50 NOTES MATE...
Colin

1st Dec 03 at 13:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was at court last week with a mate and saw a guy get 8points and £700 fine for invalid insurance - your fucked pal
J da Silva

1st Dec 03 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i feel sorry for the lad in a way, but its a bit daft drivin about with no MOT or tax or whatever and no insured mods
Robbo

1st Dec 03 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Yep... mind you, the only times I have ever been stopped are at 2am and 1.30am
Mo

1st Dec 03 at 13:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing to worry about once you've got your dodgy m.o.t.,
just take everything that's been ticked on the producer e.g.insurance,m.o.t. and license and produce it. the copper on the desk won't even know anything about your car and the mods cause it's gonna be a different copper to the one that pulled u.

Tom

1st Dec 03 at 13:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dodgy MOT's how many people know sum1 well enuf to get a dodgy MOT FFS.

I have no MOT or Tax until end of the week now and I wouldn't dream of driving be it day or night, u deserve what u get tbh
Robbo

1st Dec 03 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

^^ Good man Tombo
Tom

1st Dec 03 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
^^ Good man Tombo

:thumbgs: :nice one robbo
Colin

1st Dec 03 at 13:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
^^ Good man Tombo

Yes, no sympathy at all, Imagine if he had had an accident - Proper fucked then
Robbo

1st Dec 03 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me ma knows someone who had her Merc SLK written off, she had a broken arm and had a £1k Violin (or similar) smashed up that was in her boot... it was an accident by someone with no tax, insurance or MOT Cost her a packet... she got a lot back from the Insurers Bureau mind but still
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 13:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the MOT ran out then u have 7/14 days to get it fixed and re-tested for free

it will have tax unless the tax was due after the MOT ran out

a dodgy MOT will NEED to be backdated

go elsewhere then vaux, they are a rip off

legally u HAVE insurance but it is VOIDE, this isnt as bad as not having insurance in the first place but is still bad
paul_spurrell

1st Dec 03 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think your right in saying about 7/14 days but i dont think your aloud to still be driving it. Your only allowed to drive it to and from the test centre. DOnt think he was doing that at 1am in the morning
Makarus

1st Dec 03 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Easy to get a dodgy MOT, go down a test centre that aint Vauxhall and ask them to test it, you never know they may not notice what Vauxhall notice, or may not try to screw you over like Vauxhall.

I got my car MOT'd at Vauxhall whilst it was in getting accident repair and whilst it was being serviced, they failed it on the hand brake cable supposedly being frayed, took it somewhere else and they passed it with flying colours.

If they hadn't I would have been tempted asked them if they were willing to take £50 off me and pass it. But would more than likely just fixed it myself and then took it back to them. In your case the bribe could be a better idea.

I will also say it was daft what you did, yet it was a stupid mistake and loosing your licence is a bit harsh in my eyes.
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 13:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no no no

its no good unless u can get it backdated as it still shows that at the time u got pulled u had no MOT

u can try saying u lost it and got it re-tested

and u can only drive it to/from a BOOKED mot service
carnoisseurcraig

1st Dec 03 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dont worry mate. I got caught with no MOT, i got a £75 fine. Your insurance is only void if you pranged it, which you never.

I never got done with no insurance when i was caught. Dont worry, you dont get points for no mot.

Just plead dumb, say you never realised your car was out of mot but it is insured. You will still get charged but its only a fine.
Tom

1st Dec 03 at 14:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Makarus
Easy to get a dodgy MOT, go down a test centre that aint Vauxhall and ask them to test it, you never know they may not notice what Vauxhall notice, or may not try to screw you over like Vauxhall.

I got my car MOT'd at Vauxhall whilst it was in getting accident repair and whilst it was being serviced, they failed it on the hand brake cable supposedly being frayed, took it somewhere else and they passed it with flying colours.

If they hadn't I would have been tempted asked them if they were willing to take £50 off me and pass it. But would more than likely just fixed it myself and then took it back to them. In your case the bribe could be a better idea.

I will also say it was daft what you did, yet it was a stupid mistake and loosing your licence is a bit harsh in my eyes.

What a gay reply.

That does not mean all or even most places will take a 'bribe' FFS
kz

1st Dec 03 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see my only way out being a back dated MOT... and i do know a couple of people that can get one... but they cant back date it because it goes down in their book, and all MOTs are stamped in order.

my TAX is legit, everything is apart from my MOT. it ran out more than two weeks ago
carnoisseurcraig

1st Dec 03 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

nothing you can do on the MOT front mate. Like you said, you need a back dated MOT. Just take the fine, you wont get nailed for no insurance, TRUST ME. I have been caught twice in my younger days. Got £100 for each offence.
Makarus

1st Dec 03 at 14:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tom D
quote:
Originally posted by Makarus

What a gay reply.

That does not mean all or even most places will take a 'bribe' FFS

No but was I saying that?? I think not. Can you not read and comprehend what I write. I was telling you my experience, and if you take it to the right place they will accept bribes, I know of at least 4 places round my area that will accept a bribe as long as whatever is wrong with your car isn't a major mechanical problem, and is something they can put down to happening after the test and not their fault. So dont start calling replys gay without engaging your brain.
M2RTY

1st Dec 03 at 14:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id say a MAX of 3 points given the circumstances

2 weeks out of MOT isnt that bad

9 months with no mot, no tax and no insurance is a 9 point jobby
carnoisseurcraig

1st Dec 03 at 14:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

you dont get points for not having an mot mate. My mot on the metro was 2 years out. Only got 100 quid. OK, it was a silly thing to do but i was only 17 and just passed my test. Desperate to get on the road. LOL

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » proper bad night... need urgant advice!! 22 database queries in 0.1978889 seconds