corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Video of my car doing 0-98mph (Speedo)

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Video of my car doing 0-98mph (Speedo)
wainey

User status: Offline
20th Nov 03 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ask the manufacturers! not everyone has them for the noise, fair enough the wastegate chatter is a nice sound but id rather have a dump valve that will prolong the life of my turbo rather then the wastegate chatter shortening it every little helps!
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by wainey
quote:
Originally posted by vibrio
I feel people take me too seriously. plus if you don;t want to argue about cars get your bald ass out of the thread

i want to argue the fact that your saying dump valves decrease performance, they were never intended to help in performance just to prolong the life of a turbo by getting rid of excess back pressure built up in the turbo! please gtf, suppose your wastegate chatter helps you doesnt it? not to think that allowing it to do this sends pressure back into the turbo pgtf

if they were that important on TD why are they not fitted as standard. Petrol turbos have recircs on them as standard because this performs better. atmospheric valves increase lag between gear changes. the only people that acutally thing atmospheric valves give performance are those that read max power. all they do is increase lag and make your car sneeze when you change gear why do you think I run a recirc valve
Marc

20th Nov 03 at 20:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly.
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
ask the manufacturers! not everyone has them for the noise, fair enough the wastegate chatter is a nice sound but id rather have a dump valve that will prolong the life of my turbo rather then the wastegate chatter shortening it every little helps!

explain then how TD's don;t get damaged turbos yet they have no DV's
wainey

20th Nov 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

because your a knob! plus i dont read max flower or anything along those lines, pgti i do read, suppose me havin a dump valve makes me gay? well pgtf i dont care, i have a dump valve and i seem to get very little lag between gear changes if any at all, think that your getting lag mixed up vibs with your car bein slow
wainey

20th Nov 03 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

because they are shite and slow! how many high performance td's do you see?
wainey

20th Nov 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had my bitch moan for the night, going out now! by vibs mmmwah
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 20:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
because your a knob! plus i dont read max flower or anything along those lines, pgti i do read, suppose me havin a dump valve makes me gay? well pgtf i dont care, i have a dump valve and i seem to get very little lag between gear changes if any at all, think that your getting lag mixed up vibs with your car bein slow

you having an atmospheric DV does not make you gay it makes you dumb. insulting me when I am trying to have a disscusion sbout cars makes you gay

vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

so because they are slow they don;t require it. ok. did you know that TD's run high boost pressures
vibrio
Banned

20th Nov 03 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
had my bitch moan for the night, going out now! by vibs mmmwah

mine has not moaned. she is entertained
MattyB

21st Nov 03 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

so because they are slow they don;t require it. ok. did you know that TD's run high boost pressures

Couldnt have put it better.

If any car requires a D/V to extend turbo life, its a Diesel NOT A PETROL thank you

The D/V has increased lag slightly, so i stay on throttle thru gear changes to prevent boost release.

Altho, a guy on PGAC had a turbo on his TD shatter on him 3 weeks after it was tuned to 21PSi, and he never had a D/V. However, the cause for this is unclear as to weather is was caused by the increased boost (possible coupled with a weak turbo anyway), or it was coz of the increase in boost without expelling it (ie: reverse boost flow which damaged fins on turbo)

Well i've got a D/V, so i'm covered (i hope), and it doesnt "Tiscch" half as much as petrol ones (coz all the power i need is <2.5k revs), so i never have reason to scream it to 4k (ie: boost up), under normal driving conditions. I went out in a pulsar, and that was bloody tischhhing all the time, and it just started to piss me off more than anything.

Matt
vibrio
Banned

21st Nov 03 at 08:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

still don;t matter. they ain't fitted as standard to TD's they do not need them.
micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Nov 03 at 09:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my car is faster.
MattyB

21st Nov 03 at 09:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by micra_pete
my car is faster.

?? and you are....
MattyB

21st Nov 03 at 09:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
still don;t matter. they ain't fitted as standard to TD's they do not need them.

They aint fitted as standard to Petrol cars either.

My point was, if out of the 2, a TD or a Petrol was fitted with a dump valve of sorts as standard, it would make more sense for the TDs to have one, as you rightly stated above, they make higher boost.

micra_pete
Premium Member

21st Nov 03 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MattyB
quote:
my car is faster.

?? and you are....

great? fantastic? funny? whitty?
jay@ffwd

21st Nov 03 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

PSML
Kev_Clio_172

21st Nov 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

to much slating and not enough action. at the end of the day the only way is to sort it on the road. as we always do....but sorry to say i did beat a std 106 gti last night but to 50 the gti is very quick
Jacko@FFWD

21st Nov 03 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MattyB, Yes we do go to Santa Pod but they are closed now until end of Jan I believe. When we know a date that we are going I will post on here or u2u with details! Looking forward to it!
Kev_Clio_172

21st Nov 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah we should have a big meet and all go up...but jacko dont start with ya shitty evo coz ill whoop ya ass..........u know im joking
Jacko@FFWD

21st Nov 03 at 09:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Clio boy! Another one after Steves scalp! Bring it on at Santa Pod end of Jan or early Feb then all the scores can be settled! Let the races commence!
vibrio
Banned

21st Nov 03 at 09:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

They aint fitted as standard to Petrol cars either.

My point was, if out of the 2, a TD or a Petrol was fitted with a dump valve of sorts as standard, it would make more sense for the TDs to have one, as you rightly stated above, they make higher boost.

ahem they are you fool
vibrio
Banned

21st Nov 03 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
my car is faster.

?? and you are....

are you blind as well as dumb.
abekingstonwarrior

21st Nov 03 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kev@ f.fwd cant drive for shit he is a mummys boy and also loves the cock and gets pocket money
Kev_Clio_172

21st Nov 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

firstly who the hell is kev@ffwd.....facts boy facts....and talking about not being able to drive....where do u currently stand olly? haha

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Video of my car doing 0-98mph (Speedo) 22 database queries in 0.2056711 seconds