corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » kenwood components

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author kenwood components
chris_mufc

User status: Offline
   16th Nov 03 at 21:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

hi, im nw to this site. ive recently brought a SONY MDX CA680X for £40.00 off my mate. I want some Kenwood KFC-PSR71P Components 200w peak and 130w RMS, are they any good, and what size should i get for my corsa b? Also Ive got £750.00 for a sub (must be very bassy and loud!!!!!!!!) and a amp to power it, what would you recommend? should i get another amp to power the comps or can i just connect them to the head unit?
Scotty_B

16th Nov 03 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

With components that powerful you really need to amp them or they'll sound rubbish.
chris_mufc

16th Nov 03 at 21:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what amp(s) should i get? ive got £750 for either a sub and amp or sub and 2 amps.
Dom

16th Nov 03 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why did you go for a sony ?!?! furry muff it was 40 quid, but still...it will have low prepouts and will sound like shite!
On the comps, it depends how much you've got to spend, but ive just got some infinity's 5000cs from halfords for 99 quid. Yet to finish installing them, but there suppose to sound really good. And yes it would be worth amping them if you have cash to spare
Also, DONT GET 6x9's !!!!! unless your willing to build a box for them and amp/crossover them

As for the sub, is that 750 quid just for the sub? no box or amp? or does that include the amp or what?
Im currently looking at the 12" Audiobahn's, the AW122T (i think)...but it retails around 150 quid and you need 550WRMS to power the thing. Im guessing that it wont sound amazing but it will be loud. For about 300 quid you can get an 12" audiobahn that needs 1000wRMS etc you get the idea. However, the money goes on the amps to power the bastards. You will easierly be spending about 350-500 quid on sumthing to knock out 500 odd watts RMS and around the 800 quid mark for something to knock out 1000wRMS.
Also, think about spending money on upgrading you alternator and front battery, to stop dipping headlights etc. Although once you start getting into the high 100s you might wanna start thinking about getting a split charging system going

So what ya need to do mate, is think how much you have got in total to spend and do you want a new/better HU? And then start putting limits on how much your going to spend on things etc

edit: dont buy kenwood stuff if you can help it. i heard some of the comps and they sound a little...hmm...harsh and not very detailed

[Edited on 16-11-2003 by VisibleMan]
chris_mufc

16th Nov 03 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

end of this month i will have £1000 for the lot sub/box,amp, comps
Dom

16th Nov 03 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_mufc
end of this month i will have £1000 for the lot sub/box,amp, comps

...depends how serious you were and how much cash you get each month etc

If you really want to be a loud bastard, then you will need atleast a few grand behind you for the fact that the amps will set you back about the most to power your subs

However, it might be worth starting in the front and going backwards, as funds allow you So personally i would get a new H/U and replace that sony crap. I recently brought a pioneer 77MP for 230 quid from caraudiodirect.com. Its mint mate and sounds excellent, plus it has 6.5v preouts so it will give your amps a nice signal As for comps, if you want to start making door builds and stuff then there's a whole range you can choose from and sizes. However, if you wish to put some behind the grills that are already there then you are getting limited. I recently brought some phoenix gold R6.5's...but there where fooking massive and i couldnt fit them with building something lol So like i said i got the infinity's on austin's recommendation and they fit fine just need a little cutting on the tweeter housing to fit them perfectly However, if you have over 100 quid to spend on them, then focals are suppose to be the mutz...although the size will limit you again Look for sumthing in the 5" diameter and 2" deep (from cone to bottom of magnet range and you will be find And yes, get them amped ASAP! if you have added that already, you have spent about 500-600 quid including amp and cabling and thats just your front
chris_mufc

16th Nov 03 at 22:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thanks a lot mate, thanks for the advice, i can spend about £300.00 a month on the ICE. I need a MiniDisc player H/U though because the majority of my music is on MD.
Dom

16th Nov 03 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_mufc
thanks a lot mate, thanks for the advice, i can spend about £300.00 a month on the ICE. I need a MiniDisc player H/U though because the majority of my music is on MD.

For H/U mate, look for a MD changer since sony are the big runners in MD H/U's and sony's arnt the best things in the world
But i would start with getting the front to sound sweet, then do the back And remember, NO 6x9's!! in ya parcel shelf
And for subs, have a butchers at diamond subs. There meant to be the mutz but will set you back about 600 quid for a 12" and then it will set you back about 800 for an amp to power them..but for 1500wRMS, it will be a loud and bassy git Have a look on www.bladeice.co.uk, they do some decent gear Also, one thing mate, if you want it to be loud, then look at getting alot of smaller subs like 4x10" or sumthing...since it will push more air about that one single sub at 1000wRMS or so
And remember not to skimp on cabling, get the best you can afford mate

Dom

New Poll