corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 12.86% !!!!!

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 12.86% !!!!!
Rsssss

User status: Offline
   11th Nov 03 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just put a new engine in my car and took it for the test and it failed on the emissions BIG time!!! The guy says it's overfueling like mad and when it went up to 12.86% on the machine it just aborted the test. Any ideas what it could be? i've put another lamda sensor in and can't see anything hanging off. Is it possible to have put the pipes on the wrong way round? the car doesn't idle very well either and the engine management light comes on.
It's a 1.4 sri the early 8 valve engine with multipack not distributor.
Please help me i'm suppose to be going away at the weekend
Chris
Stu_22

11th Nov 03 at 20:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

temp sensor?
BeArDy

11th Nov 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if the engine mag light comes on do the paper clip test (do a search to find out how) an find out the problem....
thekemp

11th Nov 03 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

have you tried a different ECU? mine had big fuel problems and didnt idle good, changed every sensor still crap, changed the ECU and re-programmed key and it has been fine ever since
this would be your last resort though
Rsssss

11th Nov 03 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just this minute done the paper clip test and it came up 45 which is oxygen sensor Air fuel mixture too rich... could it be a faulty lamda sensor? also when i did the test the sensor on the throttle body was making weird noises like it was trying to turn, i don't no what this is but when the butterfly opens i think it moves something inside there.... any ideas?
Cheers for your previous responses
Rsssss

12th Nov 03 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Where could i get a diagram of the pipe work on the engine and inlet? I just want to make sure it's all piped up correct.
Just another thought, when i put the engine in the wiring for the injectors was different, the new engine had the wires running through a box which all attacthed to the injectors as one unit where as mine are all seperate. Is it possible that it has different sensors and injectors in the engine ?
Chris

[Edited on 12-11-2003 by Rsssss]
Rsssss

12th Nov 03 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone got any idea where the pipes off the throttle body go? I've got one coming out of the back and joins straight back underneath.
Come on guys help me out otherwise vauxhalls gonna get there hands on it
Chris
Rsssss

12th Nov 03 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just done another paper clip test and here's the results....
22. Throttle Potentiometer Sensor (TPS).... Low Voltage.
33. Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor.... High Voltage
34. Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor.... Low Voltage
35. Idle Stepper Motor.... Poor Or No Idle Speed Control
45. Oxygen Sensor.... Air/Fuel Mixture Too Rich
93. Quad Drive Module (in ECU).... N/A
Any ideas? apart from scrap it which has crossed my mind Or take it to the Dealers?
Chris

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » 12.86% !!!!! 23 database queries in 0.0113051 seconds