corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Multiple Domain Names...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Multiple Domain Names...
ed

User status: Offline
24th Sep 06 at 16:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our website http://www.astonski.com is running another domain name http://www.astonsnow.com using domain forwading. I don't like to use forwading personally and would like to make it so that both the domains work together like corsasport.co.uk and c20xe.co.uk do for this site. Is that done with a special agreement by the ISP who provides our hosting or can I use the same info in the domain names for both sites?
Sam
Premium Member

24th Sep 06 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you just need to make sure both addresses point to the same DNS servers or something? It's a bit over my head to be honest... Sorry...
Nismo

24th Sep 06 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you have a business host within there control panels (if they have one) you can select which directory on the server you have a domian pointing at , so you could have both your domains pointing to your default directory in your webspace.
drax

24th Sep 06 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah if you cant do it in your own control panal, ring up the provider of the address you want to go to what ever website, and provide them with the DNS servers to your hosting
ed

28th Sep 06 at 10:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well the server I am using has cPannel installed on it, how I hate that thing. But I have 'parked' the new domain name onto the server and updated the nameserver information on the control pannel from 123reg. Who know what will happen, I'll have to wait 24 hours to see
Dom

28th Sep 06 at 20:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just use the same nameservers for both of your domains and "park it" like you've done - should work. Otherwise you can use .htaccess to point the secondary domain where ever you like
ed

1st Oct 06 at 21:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It worked I'm impressed as domain names make no sense to me
drax

1st Oct 06 at 21:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They make little sense to me but it all seems to work out in the end ;D

New Poll