corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author If you're not Prem
Rich H

User status: Offline
1st Jan 11 at 21:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok, well for me to be more interested in using WR, it'd have to be a lot more like CS, but with an interest or all cars.

Or, for CS to pretty much stay as it is, but with the aim of attending various other shows too.

I'll happily support a forum I'm made to feel welcome on, but will stop renewing should I be made to feel "unwanted"!
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
1st Jan 11 at 21:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No one will feel unwanted.
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt go as far to say unwanted but i just think this is no longer a corsa site so other cars should be welcomed at pvs ect
random dav
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

were you not on about having a 'corsa chat' bit maybe with a seperate corsa project bit? And try and shift the focus? Along side the general one? Or would it not be worth it? The good thing about CS is there aren't 50 sub forums.

WRLFC !

Project cars
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

id personally just name it vauxsport or similar and leave it at that
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah that's still my thinking although I need a plan to mass-move everything in there.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cole
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
I also think in this case there are people who don't mind paying because they know the money goes towards useful stuff even though they themselves don't benefit, and there are people who don't want to pay but still occasionally take some benefits, even just using the site to post costs money which has to come from somewhere. And if you get to a show, bonus. The food isn't pricey when you consider you eat like a king all day at potentially a number of events.

I have to say I am guilty of the latter part I haven't contributed to the site for 3 yrs but still take advantage of show benefits even when I didn't show on the stands

I'm guilty of the former. I even offered a further £20 for a simple name change
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by john-d
i wouldnt go as far to say unwanted but i just think this is no longer a corsa site so other cars should be welcomed at pvs ect

It is a Corsa site, nothing more. It just so happens that the community is so welcoming, and so friendly that people stick around long after selling their Corsa.
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The reason we exclude Novas is that they're generally accepted in the UK as a different car. There are also well established clubs that you can show Novas with so we're not leaving anyone without somewhere to show.

Novas would also be welcome at WR events or at TVL where CS is open to all Vauxhalls.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by Ian]

would a kadett not be allowed on an astra stand?
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
The reason we exclude Novas is that they're generally accepted in the UK as a different car. There are also well established clubs that you can show Novas with so we're not leaving anyone without somewhere to show.

Novas would also be welcome at WR events or at TVL where CS is open to all Vauxhalls.

What does that have to do with this site Would a Cavalier be welcome on a Vectra stand if it's a European model? That is up to the site administrator of those communities.
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ian

What does that have to do with this site Would a Cavalier be welcome on a Vectra stand if it's a European model? That is up to the site administrator of those communities.

im just pointing something out... im aware its at the end of the day up to ian but he asked why people dont go preem and the simple fact is because not that many have corsas nowadays
Jake

1st Jan 11 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

john mate i reckon andrew had a nightmare trying to buy that car off you
taylorboosh

1st Jan 11 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake

yes i am quite fussy lol
random dav
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what about a few years down the line when 'regulars' disappear? Are the a lot of new people signing up and sticking around then eventually upgrading membership? IMO I haven't noticed a great deal of new members and when there are new ones some seem to get slated/similar for not having a car style that isn't widely accepted and then disappear.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by random dav]

WRLFC !

Project cars
chrisritch

1st Jan 11 at 21:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by random dav
what about a few years down the line when 'regulars' disappear? Are the a lot of new people signing up and sticking around then eventually upgrading membership? IMO I haven't noticed a great deal of new members and when there are new ones some seem to get slated/similar for not having a car style that isn't widely accepted and then disappear.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by random dav]

Nail. Head and we're all guilty of this
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Jan 11 at 21:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There are a few noobs coming though and those who we do get we can encourage to stay.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jake

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do you mean when regulars leave? theres no getting out for most members it seems
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've been signing up to preem for a few years now, i'm not really a 'regular' in the sense that i dont use the site as much as some or try to integrate into an online community, which i have my own reasons for. But i do like to show my support towards the club & also like to attend the shows with a successful club such as CS, i keep coming back because the shows are very well organised, very proffesional in comparison with the usual 'cruise' club stands you see at shows & for me thats what its about.

I like the fact its a specific and fairly exvlusive club for one make of car, it sets us appart from the rest. Take last years PVS result for example.

[Edited on 01-01-2011 by Danny W]

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
Jambo

1st Jan 11 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dont stand for this "scareing the n00bs" off lark.

If someone posts a heap, be they new or old. It will get slated. I have never seen a decent car shunned. Plus some may be harsh with their words, but generally i see alot of constructive critisiscm when it comes to a n00b.

Sometimes theres just negative people, and negative attitudes.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 21:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the fucking n00bs that are harsh Tell them you're not a fan and they go fucking tits
Tommy L

1st Jan 11 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nath

1st Jan 11 at 22:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's when the n00bs turn up and say stupid text bollocks like, 'I av gt a corsa and my m8 sed its faster den a porka, iz he chattin shit?'.
Eck
Premium Member

1st Jan 11 at 22:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then when you tell them it's not, they go fucking tits. Fuck the lot of them. Shitcunts.
Nath

1st Jan 11 at 22:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » If you're not Prem 23 database queries in 0.0606060 seconds