corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
VegasPhil
Premium Member

User status: Online
8th Jun 07 at 13:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How about if you don't like it don't pay it?

.. Oh wait...

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
Daimo B

User status: Offline
8th Jun 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robin

Jr struggled to get people for a track day, as not many people have track day cars, people couldn't make it, there were broken cars etc.

As for the bit about meets, that's bollocks, there's monthly regional meets, they might not be national, but there's still lots of meets.

I took a completely standard car on track.

JR took a 1.0 12v on track didn't he?

Meets with how many cars? 5-6???? We used to have 20-40 cars at EVERY meet.

No need to get shirty.....
Shane

8th Jun 07 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M
But why would you want to set up your own club and run the risk of it been a flop, when you can join an already well established one. Its the best £12.50 i spend a year.

Going back to other clubs, pefect example my brother had a corsa c, so joined corsa c club, went to PV last year he said that no-one spoke to him no-one give a shit who he was, where he parked as long as it was on the stand. By Trax of the same year he was with us on Corsasport. If that doesn't say something then i don't know what does. Every time i turn up at an event i get spoke to.

Corsasport had to start somewhere
Daimo B

8th Jun 07 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Thing is though thats not JR's fault thats the fault of people who say yeah i'll go and then never turn up, its the same when people off here say they will buy something off you then when it comes to handing the money over they dissapear.

Certainly not JR's fault at all....

Just the way people are going I guess.

Tip for buying, add in the advert....

If you haven't got the money right now and ready, then don't even bother messaging me.....

ed

8th Jun 07 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can we not just be pleased that we had the best and the most busy club stand at PVS?

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by ed]
Shane

8th Jun 07 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Can we not just be pleased that we had the best and the most busy club stand at PVS?

people are never happy with anything
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kathryn W
At the end of the day if you dont like the way its done GTF

Why is it the majority of people post "don't like it leave" are then followed by a bunch of people wanting to jump on the band wagon?

If you read the thread properly, nobody is getting arsey about the money, just questioning it? Everyone is entitled to question it, just like you are entitled to tell me to GTF.

So please GTF
Robin
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Our last meet had at least 20 cars.

Willay organised a rolling road day which had 24 or so people turn up, so it's not all shit turn outs.

I'm sure you could be an organiser if you think you can do better, as it was better when you did it.

Instead of slagging off the organisation/administration, do the right thing, get invoved
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shane
quote:
But why would you want to set up your own club and run the risk of it been a flop, when you can join an already well established one. Its the best £12.50 i spend a year.

Going back to other clubs, pefect example my brother had a corsa c, so joined corsa c club, went to PV last year he said that no-one spoke to him no-one give a shit who he was, where he parked as long as it was on the stand. By Trax of the same year he was with us on Corsasport. If that doesn't say something then i don't know what does. Every time i turn up at an event i get spoke to.

Yeah corsasport had to start somewhere but what i am saying is yeah if you want to start your own then at least be welcoming and organised and show that you actually give a shit and appreciate your members, for example speak to them when they turn up at the show be as helpfull as possable, not have the attitude of "park it there be reet".

ed

8th Jun 07 at 13:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

Willay organised a rolling road day which had 24 or so people turn up, so it's not all shit turn outs.

I'm sure you could be an organiser if you think you can do better, as it was better when you did it.

Instead of slagging off the organisation/administration, do the right thing, get invoved
Daimo needs to point out that he is the best thing ever to happen to anything and that everything he does is the best. It's called small penis syndrome I think.

jr

8th Jun 07 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

Jr struggled to get people for a track day, as not many people have track day cars, people couldn't make it, there were broken cars etc.

As for the bit about meets, that's bollocks, there's monthly regional meets, they might not be national, but there's still lots of meets.

1.3 diesel

the track day needed more people, but then again we had

me
willay
warreng
lee303
dhdev
essexgte
corb
brichieboy
chrism
chris c
stua3turbo + rich
pulsar
focus rs

but i agree, we need about 30 corsa's out on track
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by VXR

The rolling road that was organised JR went on with his standard corsa other people went on with there standard cars. We travelled from Wigan to take part in this and a top day it was to.
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 13:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I jump on a band wagon here and say that meets back in Daimos day WERE better? OR was that because I was younger and enjoyed them more back then?
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jr
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:

1.3 diesel

the track day needed more people, but then again we had

me
willay
warreng
lee303
dhdev
essexgte
corb
brichieboy
chrism
chris c
stua3turbo + rich
pulsar
focus rs

but i agree, we need about 30 corsa's out on track

and a Vectra
Shane

8th Jun 07 at 13:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane
quote:

Yeah corsasport had to start somewhere but what i am saying is yeah if you want to start your own then at least be welcoming and organised and show that you actually give a shit and appreciate your members, for example speak to them when they turn up at the show be as helpfull as possable, not have the attitude of "park it there be reet".

i see whats your saying, i wasnt disputing that fact at all, i was merely stating the fact that CS started somewhere,

Yes there are car clubs out there that are not as well organised/have decent website etc.

Carl

8th Jun 07 at 14:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Can I jump on a band wagon here and say that meets back in Daimos day WERE better? OR was that because I was younger and enjoyed them more back then?

Refering to the past like that is nearly as tedious as the Corsasport hill.
Like you say it's becuase you have grown up.
Rob B

8th Jun 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The one thing i agree about is the meet side of things... i am with sax-p now, and we reguallry meet up, sometimes to just have a drink othertimes to look at cars there is always a good turnout aswell, there is also a rolling road day, and track day where i think around 40 members turned up for .... oh and everything apart from the trackday is just in west mids too

One thing that annoys me on here is i have quite clearly stated i dont want to be organiser for west mids anymore and people have said they will take it up, but nothings changed..

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Rob B]
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Normally the past is better than the present.
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 14:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a coincidence that PVS 04 was the best PVS by a long long shot?
Scotty C

8th Jun 07 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Is it a coincidence that PVS 04 was the best PVS by a long long shot?

what was different?
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not entirely sure, it was just fooking superb.
ed

8th Jun 07 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Pay attention.
SAL
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 14:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee

yes but times have changed tbh i stumbled acros a meet @ hemel and there where corsa's everywhere ! that was about 2002 when corsa's where imo having there hay day...
Iain M

8th Jun 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I personnally think that PV seems to be getting better, granted the stalls where a bit shit but the quality of the cars i think has increased tenfold
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 14:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Pay attention.

I love it when you talk in riddles ECS.

<<  6    7    8    9    10    11    12  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 23 database queries in 0.0164480 seconds