corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)

New Poll
  <<  8    9    10    11    12    13  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D)
Dee
Banned

User status: Offline
8th Jun 07 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There is a small amount of arrogance I feel amoungst the admin, organisers, moderators on here, I know one organiser has been bollocked recently for their behaviour towards another member, but this goes unnoticed and unchecked.
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 15:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry thats worded badly, a VERY small amount of arrogance and not all are guilty.
Daimo B

8th Jun 07 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bet the admin forum is in overdrive today
jr

8th Jun 07 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
There is a small amount of arrogance I feel amoungst the admin, organisers, moderators on here, I know one organiser has been bollocked recently for their behaviour towards another member, but this goes unnoticed and unchecked.

i would hope i wouldnt be included in this group
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

James

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Sorry thats worded badly, a VERY small amount of arrogance and not all are guilty.

Your guilty of not reading the whole thread Your certainly not included in that
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 15:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sam
then this thread is not about the discussion of banned CS members. If it was, maybe we could talk about VAGWeb while we were at it too?

fuck off sam, why bring vagweb into it just because your poxy shit website is taking flak

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Steve]
Rus

8th Jun 07 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
A fair few people made use of the facilities, which are there for all. If people choose not to come over then so be it. I didn't see you on the Sunday, so I didn't offer you food or a drink. Likewise I assume you walked around the dark bit of the camp site as the organisers had overlooked to illuminate a few thousand pissed up boy racers.

We have a lot of money and I don't mind spending it on things that are generally useful. If you want some input in to where the money is going then you're welcome to it. Its never been a big secret. We just buy stuff. Metal stakes and tape for marking out the stand. Suncream - you seen the price of that these days? Surprised me. Additional parasols for more shade on the stand. Just things I see and think 'that'll work'.

I'm not about to be dishonest about anything, but I'm also not about to justify every single penny pinch purchase by democratic election. It slows the process and introduces discontent where it doesn't need to be. If anyone isn't happy then they can take it up publically or privately, whichever is good, but the place is run by people where the buck stops and while I deal with the moderation hassle all day long for you and your pseudonyms, I would also like to exercise some control over the finance.

Until anyone tells me otherwise, I'll assume I'm doing an OK job at both, which is why I was thinking today about what to do about the Dee account. I still stuck on that for the record, and I'll welcome your input. But really, whatever comes out of that one is fairly long-lasting.

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by Ian]

I can't see why your being questioned. All the corsa owners who turn up should be greatful to have there car on show, not complaining about "why did you spend Your money on a motorvan thing, food and drink". who that complain can kindly gtf
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 15:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
I can't see why your being questioned. All the corsa owners who turn up should be greatful to have there car on show, not complaining about "why did you spend Your money on a motorvan thing, food and drink". who that complain can kindly gtf

Again Rus, nobody is complaining, just questioning? We are allowed to question, its in the human nature to question.
Rus

8th Jun 07 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

fair enough

p.s. i want your babies
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 15:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rus
fair enough

p.s. i want your babies

You are gorgeous TBH
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 17:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Yeah, Ian needs to go through and clear the old members....

Bet there isn't even 5000 active users, let alone 22,000
Its getting close to that now, I'm pruning off old ones slowly to get that top figure more reflective of the actual total. Doing it over time though so I can choose who to send mails to etc. rather than just delete straight away. We've had a few people come back after being invited to return.

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Everyones natural instinked (sp) in life is to make money, nobody can deney this - espec' when we all have a common hobbie of our motors. Ian is obvs making a little bit out of the site
Just to clarify - I personally make nothing. My only indulgence is using the facilities - something which everyone else is quite welcome to do.
Ian
Site Administrator

8th Jun 07 at 17:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Can I jump on a band wagon here and say that meets back in Daimos day WERE better? OR was that because I was younger and enjoyed them more back then?
The latter.
bubble

8th Jun 07 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i pay the £12.50 cuz i like the site. i enjoy using the features and its money well spent i my eyes. all good
Matt H

8th Jun 07 at 17:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dee

Am I included in this list?

To be fair though there are also plenty of members who are totally arrogant as well. No ones perfect (except Joe)
Daimo B

8th Jun 07 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
Can I jump on a band wagon here and say that meets back in Daimos day WERE better? OR was that because I was younger and enjoyed them more back then?
The latter.

Firstly, it wasn't MY day, it was the era of 2000-2002.

I think it was because we were younger and it was a whole new thing. Cruising and cars was just starting to really get big.....

I think people are friends on here like we had friends back in that time. Just we're not part of it now.

As for Arrogence, is it arrogence or confidence within myself. If i posted "look at my pics" i'd be called an attention whoare, but if you post something with confidence and don't feel the need to be "pressured" by others to be "cool" (just like in this post ) we are arrogent..........

hmmmmmm

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by VXR]
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 18:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
but Corsas now are like £300+, where-as a few years ago you wouldn't find one for under £3k, yet we had lots of members...

That very true. I got my 1st corsa back in 2001. It was a N reg 1.5 TD. That cost me £2550.

Not many 18 year olds had that money. I bet most still drove Nova's. Coz they were £300+ back then.
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VXR
quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by Dee
The latter.

Firstly, it wasn't MY day, it was the era of 2000-2002.

I think it was because we were younger and it was a whole new thing. Cruising and cars was just starting to really get big.....

I think people are friends on here like we had friends back in that time. Just we're not part of it now.

As for Arrogence, is it arrogence or confidence within myself. If i posted "look at my pics" i'd be called an attention whoare, but if you post something with confidence and don't feel the need to be "pressured" by others to be "cool" (just like in this post ) we are arrogent..........

hmmmmmm

[Edited on 08-06-2007 by VXR]

These do get confused a lot coz it's hard to tell on the net which one it is.
Ryan_G1

8th Jun 07 at 18:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Iain M

Going back to other clubs, pefect example my brother had a corsa c, so joined corsa c club, went to PV last year he said that no-one spoke to him no-one give a shit who he

Thats what it was like for me at PVS this year with CS
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
quote:
Originally posted by VXR
Yeah, Ian needs to go through and clear the old members....

Bet there isn't even 5000 active users, let alone 22,000
Its getting close to that now, I'm pruning off old ones slowly to get that top figure more reflective of the actual total. Doing it over time though so I can choose who to send mails to etc. rather than just delete straight away. We've had a few people come back after being invited to return.

quote:
Originally posted by pow
Everyones natural instinked (sp) in life is to make money, nobody can deney this - espec' when we all have a common hobbie of our motors. Ian is obvs making a little bit out of the site
Just to clarify - I personally make nothing. My only indulgence is using the facilities - something which everyone else is quite welcome to do.

I'm up for £20 a year. I don't care if your a million aire, i think if you are taking time out to better this site you should get a few ££ for it. Even if it something that you love.
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 18:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i see nothing wrong with making some money, people dont realise how much time and effort goes into making a site, especially when you start hacking it about yourself to create features, any monkey can bung a default forum up, but the time comes when you want to add extra features yourself
Steve X16XE

8th Jun 07 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
i see nothing wrong with making some money, people dont realise how much time and effort goes into making a site, especially when you start hacking it about yourself to create features, any monkey can bung a default forum up, but the time comes when you want to add extra features yourself

I haven't got a clue what is involved. But i'm sure it would blow my mind away.

When i did IT at college, i did a very basic website. Frames and a few buttons. Took me about 3 weeks.

CS however is a little bit bigger
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Liar
Steve
Premium Member

8th Jun 07 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

why would i lie, iv been there and spent the hours i know whats involved
Dee
Banned

8th Jun 07 at 18:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve you fanny, whats your Facebook name, I can't find you or Luigi.

<<  8    9    10    11    12    13  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa Sport / other Corsa forum discussion (was PVS pics by Adam-D) 22 database queries in 0.0155170 seconds