corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread
Conway563

User status: Offline
24th May 11 at 14:33   View User's Profile U2U Member

Because they're offering champions league football and the abililty to compete for 3 domestic titles a year

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by Conway563]
strick206

24th May 11 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Originally posted by strick206
Really really hope we don't sign this de gea tbh, he's been poor this season and I think, well hope it's a smokescreen for someone else, I'm really hoping it is stecklenberg or however you spell it from Ajax, de gea is too young and will be a massive mistake,

I don't think we need a holding midfield player, I'd play Anderson holding and buy someone attacking, hopefully Schneider (again however you spell it)

Really would like to buy Sanchez and then that's it really, those three would be amazing signings.

Lots of posts on here I want to reply to but on the iPhone so will do later,

Although lol at Liverpool thinking they can attrack a few world class players with no European football

No I'm looking at it from the point of Jew that these top quality players want to be in the CL, there is absolutely no way Liverpool can attract the players as much as any of the top four anymore.

Unless they did a city and spend a fortune on wages to tempt them, I bet Suarez is really happy he has no European football, I cam see a few players leaving Liverpool this summer,

Plus you also have a manager that has lost both his games in charge since signing permanently, who will surely struggle with the pressure if they have a bad start, honeymoon period with kenny is over now IMO

Your looking at it from a scummy manc point of view though. LFC is still an attractive prospect. Who wouldn't want to play for one of the most successful british clubs ever in the greatest league in the world?
chrisritch

Yes but it is highly likely we will be in the mix for CL football next season
Tommy L

Robbo

ill field this one... point of jew?
chrisritch

24th May 11 at 14:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chrisritch
quote:
Really really hope we don't sign this de gea tbh, he's been poor this season and I think, well hope it's a smokescreen for someone else, I'm really hoping it is stecklenberg or however you spell it from Ajax, de gea is too young and will be a massive mistake,

I don't think we need a holding midfield player, I'd play Anderson holding and buy someone attacking, hopefully Schneider (again however you spell it)

Really would like to buy Sanchez and then that's it really, those three would be amazing signings.

Lots of posts on here I want to reply to but on the iPhone so will do later,

Although lol at Liverpool thinking they can attrack a few world class players with no European football

No I'm looking at it from the point of Jew that these top quality players want to be in the CL, there is absolutely no way Liverpool can attract the players as much as any of the top four anymore.

Unless they did a city and spend a fortune on wages to tempt them, I bet Suarez is really happy he has no European football, I cam see a few players leaving Liverpool this summer,

Plus you also have a manager that has lost both his games in charge since signing permanently, who will surely struggle with the pressure if they have a bad start, honeymoon period with kenny is over now IMO

Your looking at it from a scummy manc point of view though. LFC is still an attractive prospect. Who wouldn't want to play for one of the most successful british clubs ever in the greatest league in the world?

Suarez signed when we were 12th. He clearly isnt that shallow.
chrisritch

24th May 11 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
ill field this one... point of jew?

Cavey

24th May 11 at 14:37   View User's Profile U2U Member

Players wont leave Liverpool, they knew what they were getting themselves in for when they joined in January.

MWF or whoever the Palace fan is will be happy, they've signed Glenn Murray, prolific in league one for a few seasons now.

supposedly Green to Villa and West Ham are after Kusczak also, Upson and Dyer have not been offered contracts
Tommy L

24th May 11 at 14:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

I do like chris's/liverpool fans optomism that they can still attract the world class players ahead of the top 4
strick206

24th May 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

Jew should be view, cam should be can, and the quoting is useless on the iphone, but my post is between my original and yours Chris, will edit later.

Fuck all signal on this train also
Ben D

24th May 11 at 14:43   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:

Anderson is a truly terrible holding midfielder He's been a much better player when he has played further forward recently.
mwg

24th May 11 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member

You are right about Chelsea. Need a new manager, ageing squad and they are lacking in quality on the bench.

Arsenal need a hard man or 2 but that would mean spending money.

City have a good squad but surprisingly only one top proven striker despite having 20 strikers on the books. Dzeko can't hit a barndoor.

United are losing VDS, maybe Scholes but he hasn't been as key player for us this season but still missed if he goes. Strikers we are sorted. Like all United fans have said we need an attacking mid.

We are in the best position and need the least amount of work doing out of the current top 4 I reckon, trying not to look through my red tinted glasses too.
Cavey

24th May 11 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member

any more on Rodwell for you lot? Was rumours in jan that a fee was agreed for him? Did read that Moyes was asking for cash from everton to base a team around him which would make sense.

I think Huddlestone would be a good signing for Utd if he could stay fit, I honestly think he'll be englands holding midfielder come the next world cup with wilshire further forward
mwg

24th May 11 at 14:52   View User's Profile U2U Member

I would have Huddlestone. Anderson pisses me off, plays one outstanding game then has 5 decidedly average games.
Ben D

24th May 11 at 14:53   View User's Profile U2U Member

They can keep Rodwell if the figures associated with him are true, £25m is far too much for an unproven injury prone bit part Everton player.

Can't say i have seen much of Huddlestone this year, I didn't know he had been injured i just thought he had been pushed out of the team at spurs due to their oversized midfield*

[Edited on 24-05-2011 by Ben D]
Russ

24th May 11 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy L
I do like chris's/liverpool fans optomism that they can still attract the world class players ahead of the top 4
strick206

24th May 11 at 15:17   View User's Profile U2U Member

Huddlestone
Tom

24th May 11 at 15:21   View User's Profile U2U Member

Strick you joker players going to leave, care to name a few (that we don't want rid of anyway)?
Eck
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 15:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ben D

quote:

Anderson is a truly terrible holding midfielder He's been a much better player when he has played further forward recently.

And then 9 times out of 10 his shots are closer to the corner flag He is good with the ball at his feet and a good passer. But horrendous up top and horrendous going back
strick206

24th May 11 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Strick you joker players going to leave, care to name a few (that we don't want rid of anyway)?

I can see Agger leaving, at no point did i say Suarez or Carroll to leave, i was more meaning players like agger, maybe reina (i know he said he is happy to stay but that's when europe looked likely) may change his tune again now, but i think he will stay

I'd be interested to see how Maxi, Merieles and Lucas think about another season not in europe, possibly one of them not to be happy with it

Players i can see going, including the ones you want rid of are

Poulsen, aquafresh, the greek fella or agger, joe cole, jovanovic, n'gog, and one of maxi/merieles or lucas

Leaving with a very very weak squad, and probably having to make do with raiding the likes of west ham/wigan/birmingham
strick206

24th May 11 at 15:34   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck

And then 9 times out of 10 his shots are closer to the corner flag He is good with the ball at his feet and a good passer. But horrendous up top and horrendous going back

I dont think Anderson is anywhere near as bad as being made out when playing defensive, some of his best performances have been when defending and marking top central midfielders out of the game

He's scored 3 goals in the last couple of weeks but i do think we shouldnt be playing him behind the forwards, he should be in the centre of midfield running the games
Eck
Premium Member

24th May 11 at 15:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member

They'll most probably raid Blackpool for Chick Adam anyway!
strick206

24th May 11 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
They'll most probably raid Blackpool for Chick Adam anyway!

Oh yeah, and him, replacement for Gerrard who looks to be gone at the game, not the same as he used to be

chrisritch

24th May 11 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member

Meireles said the other day he would like a new contract, maybve 10 or 20 years and see out his career at LFC.

Lucas has just been awarded player of the year and is happy right now as he is proving his doubters wrong.

Maxi - if he stays or goes its not going to make alot of difference, Yes he has put in some cracking shifts and scored consecutive hattricks but hes a but part player.

Reina wont leave

Joe Cole - if someone takes him ill be pleases as with Poulsen, Kyriagkos, N'gog & Jovanovic.

Aquaman is a weird situation, Has been left in limbo but i'd love to see him back as he is a quality player but had a horrid first season because of injuries etc
Fro

24th May 11 at 16:01   View User's Profile U2U Member

Clichy
Denilson
Bendtner

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official Summer Transfers/Banter Thread 23 database queries in 0.0265739 seconds