corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*

New Poll
  <<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author *Battlefield 3 news and banter thread*
Fro

User status: Offline
9th Dec 10 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looked in my box last night and it says something about a VIP code and maps etc, anyone else have that in theirs?
Dom

9th Dec 10 at 15:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
What you mean Dom? what happened? that server has always been fine, I've never noticed anything remotely dodgy on there.

A few players had stupidly high K/D ratios (one player had 95/2) and there were constantly standing at walls and then picking people off ie: it would be impossible for them to know where the enemy was. It all kicked off on chat
Apparently there are a fair few hacks for BC2, this being one of them - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOiEuNed6mU
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by fro-dizzle
Looked in my box last night and it says something about a VIP code and maps etc, anyone else have that in theirs?

Yeah I have that. Sure I put the VIP code in when I got the game
Kurt

9th Dec 10 at 17:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My VIP code never worked

Kept saying it had already been used but I have all the VIP maps
Dom

9th Dec 10 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had high hopes for BC2 but its fading fast. It looks impressive but there are a handful of issues that are really pissing me off. Main one being lag compensation where hit boxes and registered shots are constantly getting adjusted (fairly well known from looking around forums) which might be fine for consoles but on a PC it isn't really (as you can connect to local servers etc) - i.e.: you run out of the way from fire, duck behind a wall, firing stops, second later the kill gets registered and you're dead. Likewise I’ve had it happened where I’ve shot at someone, we've both duck behind walls and a few seconds later I get a headshot kill even though no shots have been fired in those few seconds.
Another issue is Ping, which appears to mean naff all. Pick a UK server, ping 20ms in the server browser, ping 15ms or so to the IP address (Ping in command prompt), yet when you're in the server and there is literally only a handful of players, it'll show me that I have ping of 100-200ms. What the fuck is that all about?
Mouse sensitivity is another one. I've got it on max, so 1, and it's still too slow! Don't have this issue in other game (CT, DoD, BF2142, COD4 etc) but in BC2 it's like stirring porridge whilst moving about. Tried mouse acceleration but it makes mouse movements erratic and jerky.
Generally chunkiness of the UI, it's pretty shocking and slow. Start game, it displays connecting for 10 seconds or so, open up friends list, shows connecting, open up servers, displays connecting After initial load it should be instant i.e.: like COD4.

I've found a few tweaks that might sort a lot of it, particularly the lag compensation, but at this rate it'll be eBay or retired to the drawer

Edit - Perfect video showing lag compensation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjeBjdeWt-0

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by Dom]
JonnyJ

9th Dec 10 at 18:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We must have had some lag going down last night on mine and matt's game as i was on Heavy Metal and spotted a sniper from the other team very close to use, so i lined up a head shot (couldnt miss he was that close) fired and nothing happened then he ran off and i had to chase after him with my pistol, even a few of them shots "missed".

Edit: That video you posted Dom is EXACTLY what happened, except i was closer.

[Edited on 09-12-2010 by JonnyJ]
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What spec is your PC Dom as I have none of them issues?
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had anything like that happen. BC2 is perfect in every way.
JonnyJ

9th Dec 10 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by mwg
Never had anything like that happen. BC2 is perfect in every way.

No need for any BC2 tinted glasses then mate

Its very rare it happens but it does and its slightly annoying, I mean if that guy had of killed me the game would be in my neighbours pond right now.

Sometimes it works in your favour though, one shot i had last night i actually went "fuck missed him" then the kill came up Alright then

Much prefer this with headsets though. COD for playing on your own or a quick bash with mates, BFBC2 for when i fancy something a bit more challenging.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 19:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Occasionally I'll experience mouse lag but nothing major that change the way I have to play, obviously there will be hackers, every game has these little cretins but you come across them less in BF, I've still not seen any my menus and everything load quick, no problems there, get a fraps video Dom and show me what you mean about the UI
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have had the lag thing happen on COD but cant remember it happening on BC2, at least certainly nothing like on that video - that's mental
JonnyJ

9th Dec 10 at 19:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember me saying about that sniper near us on the hillside yesterday Matt? That was exactly what happened to me, two clear as day headshots and nothing happened, until i chased after him with my pistol
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 19:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I do remember you saying that. Never had any lag that's meant I can't kill someone though
JonnyJ

9th Dec 10 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And it crashed last night. This is game is fucking wank
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Black Ops crashed on me loads
JonnyJ

9th Dec 10 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We playing this at the weekend mate. Think im having a quiet one on saturday if you're about? Should have more time on it.
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 19:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe Saturday, not sure if I'm out on my bike or not. But I am definitely around on Sunday.
JonnyJ

9th Dec 10 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sunday im less likely to be about as im meeting a couple whos wedding ill be shooting.

Fuck the biking off.
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom, are your menus like this or slower?

View My Video
mwg

9th Dec 10 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Sunday im less likely to be about as im meeting a couple whos wedding ill be shooting.

Fuck the biking off.

Fuck the wedding couple off.
Dom

9th Dec 10 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DannyB
What spec is your PC Dom as I have none of them issues?

Q6600 @ Stock (might up it to 3GHz or so, but i can't imagine it making much difference), 4GB Ram, 8800GT, win7 x64
The 8800 is probably letting it down slightly, afterburner is giving me 30-45fps during heavy action.

Yeah, the menu's are about as quick as the video you posted, perhaps a tad slower. It's probably the 'connecting' screen that is doing it

I've tweaked some of the settings (google lag fix, requires adding a few lines to the settings ini) and it seems to have sorted it a bit regarding the hitboxes, although it could just be placebo.

I read on the BC2 forums that the recent Nvidia drivers (well recent for 8800) fixed a few issues with it laggy, so will give them ago and see how i get on
DannyB
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 20:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good man, I've just been on a for while, had a good game, might pop back on later.
Steve
Premium Member

9th Dec 10 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im a lyrical invader, rise to the top just like vader
Dom

10th Dec 10 at 01:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Still a load of bollocks. Emptied a whole clip into someone standing about 3ft away with red-dot and they had time to switch to pistol and nail me with it, complete bullshit. And this isn't once; it happened a fair number of times in the space of an hour or so.
Anti-Lag/Lag Compensation/Hit Detection is all over EA forums, yet all DICE have done is increase the size of the hit boxes

More Vids -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzTrPo64hEg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsHYPzYiRGA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdgviKG8N-w

Few Threads -
Here and Here

Would say the game is pretty decent but in its current state with this shite hit-detection, it's pretty much unplayable. Have already updated GPU drivers and tried some magical compensation tweak which is a complete placebo from removing/adding them a number of times. Got one last tweak to try, getting the CPU to render a few more frames before it throws it to the GPU, but if that doesn't work it gets uninstalled
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Dec 10 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit game, anyone want to buy my copy for a ps3?

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>

New Poll