corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  70    71    72    73    74    75    76  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Ben G

User status: Offline
7th Dec 14 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thank god for that! There were a distinct lack of cat photobombed car part pics for my liking
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Dec 14 at 16:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

She got bored of all the deliveries I think tbh!

She's much happier now it's all out of the house.

Had an update from the garage today. Engine has been out, clutch and flywheel swapped along with the timing belt.

Engine is back in, and mapper swung by to stick a generic map on it so it'll run on the new injectors.

Just waiting delivery of some fuel fittings before the new rails and injectors can go in - then it'll be finishing touches and FMIC pipework.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Dec 14 at 16:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So despite how stubborn I was about keeping Aircon.... the aircon is coming out

I've finally had my arm bent, as underbonnet real estate was getting rare.

Should be collecting later this week

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

15th Dec 14 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeshhhhhh
bigron1988

20th Dec 14 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

any updates
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Dec 14 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't get it collected this week, they had ordered a couple of bits on monday for me (silicone hoses, connectors, etc) and they still haven't arrived!

I've now run into mapping problems too, as everyone is knocking off for Christmas now. They should be done with the car on Mon/Tue - but I'm not sure whether I'm going to collect it or not.

Missus is off now till Jan, so we don't need the car - and the workshop where it is currently is about half way towards the RR where it'll be mapped - so it would save me trouble/mileage to just grab it en route to mapping perhaps between xmas and NYE.

A scoobynet member did however swing by and take some teaser shots for me... which don't show much

I see a different turbo, some braided hoses and some FMIC piping. Note it's got black silicone joiners on the FMIC piping as I bought that seperate, the blue stuff that came with the kit looked naff in my engine bay.

Just sat waiting for a core...

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

20th Dec 14 at 20:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, the garage also offered me decent money for my stock turbo, intercooler and injectors - so that saves me some eBaying

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

10th Jan 15 at 10:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Update... kinda.

All the modifications are done, the car had a niggle which I reported to them when I dropped it off.

It had started only a few days before I was due to take the car in - if I steered left, it felt like something in the steering rack was moving slighty - so when I steered right, at the point in which the front wheels passed the "zero angle" point it felt again like something moved - so gave the sensation of really bad understeer.

One of the bearings in my Whiteline topmounts had completely seized up - so on turning, driver side strut was not rotating properly - the spring was actually twisting then it was suddenly popping into position after significant lock. The bearings in the top mounts are a fairly common size, so he's ordered one in - due for mon/tue.

My ongoing campaign to rebook with the mapper is.... ongoing, I'm going to collect the car regardless next Friday. If he's unavailable for the forseeable, I'll find another mapper.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

12th Jan 15 at 23:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Collecting car on Friday morning, then taking it over for dyno and remap in the afternoon.

Cannot bloody wait

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

13th Jan 15 at 07:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How busy is your mapper? Lmao what power will it be 330bhp ish?
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 08:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
How busy is your mapper? Lmao what power will it be 330bhp ish?

Not sure how busy he is tbh - but even the garage in Bradford have struggled to get hold of him. He's a traveling mapper, so spends 1 day at his local rolling road (where I'm off on Friday) and the rest of the time traveling for appointments all over the country.

Car is at approx. 325bhp now so 330 would be a bit annoying

Turbo should be good for 380, and I've made sure that I won't be limited by any of the supporting fuel/breathing mods - so maybe a touch closer to 400.

Turbo is still a bit of a question mark, due to its extended stay in Scotland I'm kinda doubting his quality of work too... but perhaps that's unfair. Will find out on Friday!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
taylorboosh

13th Jan 15 at 08:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That will be fucking rapid - good stuff
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope so, but I also hope I've not spoiled the car in terms of drive-ability.

Gone to lengths to assist the bigger turbo to spool up rather than going for all out top-end power, and have also spent out a fair bit on "reliability" with the uprated clutch (people do run 400+ on OEM clutch.. for a bit), fueling and stuff like that.

Really, really enjoyed driving the car on my last few trackdays - so hopefully I've just got a faster version of that.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Baskey

13th Jan 15 at 09:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Who's mapping it ?
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Andy Carr - http://teamcarr.net/

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Baskey

13th Jan 15 at 09:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea Andy seems to have a decent name in the subaru world. Thinking of getting mine mapped but it's probely one of the last non mapped subarua left.
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 10:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye, what have you got?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Baskey

13th Jan 15 at 10:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Only an old classic turbo wagon.

I want to fit a decent fuel pump, de cat and map.

Trouble is It's completly standard, low miles , solid arches with Fsh so pritty rare nowadays for a classic shape impreza

[Edited on 13-01-2015 by Baskey]
Kyle T
Premium Member

13th Jan 15 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like a keeper, you got a thread anywhere?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Baskey

13th Jan 15 at 11:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No, i will try and stick one up. Only do maintenance type stuff though, did the plugs last week. Just getting all the bits together for a brake refresh etc
AK

14th Jan 15 at 14:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

20G was my first upgrade from the OE VF23 or whatever was on the V4 TypeR.

Old tech, but was reliable and pulled well
Kyle T
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 14:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The impression I get from the 20G is that it's "old faithful".

A bit laggy on older non-AVCS 2.0 cars but hopefully with a billet compressor wheel, AVCS and a HS up-pipe it'll behave.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 19:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slight change of plan... Dyno is broken, so it's getting road mapped.

Just means I'll need to find an RR day somewhere soon!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 20:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Baskey
Yea Andy seems to have a decent name in the subaru world. Thinking of getting mine mapped but it's probely one of the last non mapped subarua left.

Mines not mapped either

....yet
alan t

15th Jan 15 at 23:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would it be worth the hastle of travelling up here to get andy forrest to map it? Hes just down the road from me. Can remember everyone with imprezas always raving about him

<<  70    71    72    73    74    75    76  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0403540 seconds