corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*

New Poll
  <<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD*
Kyle T
Premium Member

User status: Offline
29th Nov 14 at 12:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Aye indeed, it lets me fit the current one without delaying the install - and changing the core at a later date shouldn't be too difficult.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

30th Nov 14 at 09:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one fonz, liking the way this is going now rather then just 'clean pics' will have to catch up with ya sometime now your back
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 11:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've been busy Kyle!

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 14:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
Nice one fonz, liking the way this is going now rather then just 'clean pics' will have to catch up with ya sometime now your back

You're not bothered to hear about my update from today then?

Will u2u you, I think some peeps are off to Howden on Friday night, i just got wind of it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Nov 14 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
You've been busy Kyle!

PayPal has done all the hard work tbh Will send a photo of all my shit when it arrives on Monday, it's quite the impressive collection of parts

Autosol'ed the FMIC last night, looks a bit less cheap now. Cat liked it too, rubbed herself all over it and now she's two-tone with a nice silver/black sheen

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just spent some more money.

A set of 17" Pro Race 1.2's came up, never been used!

They were a good price, so snatched them up and will transfer my R888's onto them for my new track wheels, then will refurb my OEM 17's to become my road wheels. The Prodrive 18's will be sold on.

This was a discussion had in this thread months ago, that the aesthetics of the 17's and slightly chunkier tyres appealed to me more... so here we go.

Now just need to decide on a colour for the OEM 17's. I'm thinking of a shadow-chrome or whatever they call it.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
BeetleGav

1st Dec 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the prodrive wheels! Be a shame to let them go, they suit it so well.

My wheels are hyper silver, I recon that could work
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 13:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't dislike the prodrive wheels as such, but I'm forced into using skinny tyres on them and after I ran the car on 17's for the first time I just couldn't get used to the 18's again!

It'll be a decision that splits opinion, but I'm happy with it!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

1st Dec 14 at 14:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ace yo

pics?
Kyle T
Premium Member

1st Dec 14 at 21:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pics y'say. Will post the wheel pics when I get them later in the week.

Started sorting my stuff out ready for taking to the garage.

Mishimoto Oil Cooler and Thermostatic sandwich plate:

OBP Catch can, 340lph fuel pump, ID1000 Injectors:

CDF Racing billet timing belt guide and Cosworth reinforced timing belt:

AEM Fuel Pressure Regulator and TD0520G Turbo:

Exedy racing clutch and lightened flywheel:

Dented FMIC grrrr:

Not photographed are my headers and uppipe as they're already in the garage, and the K&N cone hasn't arrived yet. Due tomorrow, so will be off to the shop tomorrow afternoon hopefully.

Talked to mapper today, he knows the score - we're likely to have him flash a generic map onto my ECU on tuesday as he'll be in Bradford for other business then I'll drive to his local shop to get it properly mapped on the rolling road at a later date.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Dec 14 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Today marked the final UPS delivery (he's sick of me now) and the long awaited cone and trumpet was here.

Also pictured is the zunsport lower grille I'll be fitting to offer some protection to the FMIC.

I took the car off to Bradford, where it'll stay for a couple of weeks. I'm decorating this week and away with work next week so won't miss it.

Exciting times!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Wrighty

2nd Dec 14 at 21:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

kin ell there some moneys worth you remind me of my younger self

nice one difference when it comes back will be night and day
Kyle T
Premium Member

2nd Dec 14 at 21:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
kin ell there some moneys worth you remind me of my younger self

It's not in a barn

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

4th Dec 14 at 20:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everything is so shiny Can imagine that's quite some money sat there

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's not seemed like much as I spent it over 6 months or so, but yeah there are probably a few better uses I could have found for that much money

I've added to this list today too, and had a set of billet fuel rails ordered just because bling. They're going straight to Bradford so I won't see them till' I collect the car

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 15:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sneak peak of my new wheels:

The story of these is that somebody bought them new, had tyres fitted, then found they were the wrong fitment for their car - so tyres were removed and the wheels sent to moi.

Other than a few grubby marks, they're perfect - so seems a shame to paint them, though white has never been on my list of wheel colours to try.

I'll do some mockups when I get my car back, see what I think - then maybe get the photoshop brigade out on the job.

I want gold, at least one of my sets of wheels needs to be gold so the track-day ones should be a safe choice.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wish i had money for a set of track wheels/tyres
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 17:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just keep your eyes peeled. I got my set of OEM 17s for 200quid with used R888's on them, from which I went on to get 4 trackdays out of them and THEN sold the R888's for 106quid on eBay.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
SteveoBC
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i know i did see a set 2 weeks ago with ad08s on via scoobynet......just no money right now with xmas and everything

but at the same time need to save as i have a nice bill to look forward to in the new year for a new set of discs and pads all round and new braided brake lines to pay for, upgrading from standard to EBC pads and some grooved and dimpled discs (unsure which disc make im having yet)
Kyle T
Premium Member

5th Dec 14 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Talked to Ian @ Godspeed? His Disks are pretty cheap and have been fine for me.

I don't rate his "Kevlar" pads though, I still use them as "road" pads as I don't really drive it hard - but they're hopeless if you do like to push on.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
CORSA NUT

7th Dec 14 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kyle you heard about 'Simon Roe' Aka Jolly Green Monster...poor bugger passed away not long ago
nibnob21
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 16:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is going to awesome when done. I wonder who throws more at their car, you or bigron

How big a difference do the lightened flywheels have on these? Do you get any idle issues or is that easily tuned out?

MX5 Project Thread
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 18:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by CORSA NUT
Kyle you heard about 'Simon Roe' Aka Jolly Green Monster...poor bugger passed away not long ago

Aye, he never did any work for me but his reputation was up there with the best mappers in the country. Sad stuff, I think there's a charity drag event in Elvington early next year which I may attend.

quote:
Originally posted by nibnob21
This is going to awesome when done. I wonder who throws more at their car, you or bigron

How big a difference do the lightened flywheels have on these? Do you get any idle issues or is that easily tuned out?

I've not thrown THAT much at it, honest

Honestly the lightened flywheel was a bit of an impulse thing, "since they're doing the clutch I might as well have them do the flywheel" etc but it probably wasn't needed. Best case scenario it gives me a bit more throttle response worst case it's noisy and makes me stall the car a lot I got it in a package with the clutch, which is apparently "proven" by a few people running the same setup.

I do hope it's going to be awesome, I've been restless today and thought of the perfect way of simulating all my changes. Dusted off my 2004 Impreza on Forza 5, and modded it along the lines of what I'm having done to it. Coincidentally it made 396bhp on the game, which is about the optimistic end of what I'm expecting!
Setup the geo exactly the same as mine then did BtG on the 'ring in 08 : 03 which is faster than an AMG SLS according to google. That means I've got a proven supercar and I've saved a few hundred quid on a trip to Germany

On a serious note, I did some Forza photoshopping for my wheels!

White

Gunmetal

Gold (couldn't create a good gold on the team dynamics, so put OEM back on)

[Edited on 07-12-2014 by Kyle T]

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

7th Dec 14 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did your cat die?
Kyle T
Premium Member

7th Dec 14 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi

<<  69    70    71    72    73    74    75  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Subaru Impreza WRX STI *SOLD* 24 database queries in 0.0405200 seconds