corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  62    63    64    65    66    67    68  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
JonnyJ

User status: Offline
26th Jul 14 at 13:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The conspiracy theroies are bollocks, theres far too much at stake for the brand, for the team to even consider doing, especially at this early stage. Has been funny reading them all though, especially when people were commenting as early as FP1/2 when Lewis was on top saying "How are you going to ruin his race now then? Loose Wheel nuts? etc etc"

The real shame here is that we are being robbed of a proper title fight. That race at Bahrain is how it could and should have been all season, but for one reason or another they arent even having the opportunity to do that.

Its not good for Rosberg either, if he wins this title by anything less than 50 points people are just going to point Lewis' issues and say he only won it through luck. He's still yet to beat Lewis on track without him having issues, be those his own hes made or out of his hands. It doesnt look good, not that he'll mind if he wins it im sure, just takes the gloss off it.

Not sure what Lewis can do from there tomorrow, rain is forecast for the 2nd half of the race so theres an opportunity there, other than that hes going to be going into the break most likely 30odd points behind and if thats the case we really are hoping for at least one Nico DNF to even think about a slightly interesting title fight.
Ben G

26th Jul 14 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agreed Johnny. Pit stop fuck up's aside, these mechanical issues do nothing do build on the fantastic brand mercedes have created in recent years.

Mercedes are now the ''fashionable'' choice of motor to be seen in judging by how many are on the roads down here nowadays.

Plotting to blow lewis' title race by messing with brakes and engines would be absurd. I still believe theres some weird curse on lewis though.

Nice of Niki Lauda to admit that Lewis would've got pole today and won tomorrow without a doubt. Shows how much he believes in him.
Ben G

26th Jul 14 at 13:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bottas is without a doubt a future world champion also. He's absolutely destroying Massa right now and has the cool head needed to realise the race doesn't end at the first corner.
JonnyJ

26th Jul 14 at 13:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and for the "Hamilton is such a moody cunt all the time when it doesnt go his way" crew, his interview was, yet again, extremely composed, his radio messages while it was happening, extremely composed. He'd have been well within his rights to blow his top but just said its one of those things. In a year we've heard drivers whinging left, right and centre about their reliability (Think Vettel in Aus, Monaco, Austria) he proves once again that people just make up reasons to hate him.
JonnyJ

26th Jul 14 at 13:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
bottas is without a doubt a future world champion also. He's absolutely destroying Massa right now and has the cool head needed to realise the race doesn't end at the first corner.

Hes very good, you could see that in his first two seasons though, im surprised the media are only really talking him up now. Definitely the fastest Finn in F1
Cavey

26th Jul 14 at 13:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lucky for Hamilton there's a few double point races at the end
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 14 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think it's a conspiracy but I think questions need to be asked of the quality of the staff on Lewis side of the garage
Steve
Premium Member

26th Jul 14 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even Lewis said it's more than just bad luck
JonnyJ

26th Jul 14 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Lucky for Hamilton there's a few double point races at the end

Just one, but even then, realistically you're only looking at a 14 point swing, if you take it as a given that Rosberg will at least finish second.
JonnyJ

26th Jul 14 at 14:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I don't think it's a conspiracy but I think questions need to be asked of the quality of the staff on Lewis side of the garage

Dont doubt that, im sure questions are being asked.

Mind, Germany wasnt their fault, they dont make the brakes. Australia was a split piece of plastic tubing, again, would say thats hard to place the blame of the crew. The Canada thing could've maybe been handled better in that after the ERS issues that both cars had they continued to let them go full pelt and with Lewis running behind, his just got hotter and went first and when they saw that happen they knew they had to protect Rosberg and how to do it, not really the guys who put the car togethers fault either.

This seem to be a fuel leak and it may well come out that theres been a mistake putting it together, thats what Lewis is getting at when he says "more than bad luck" because building a car wrong isnt bad luck, its a mistake.

Im sure the media will twist it to make it sound like he means theres a conspiracy though.
JonnyJ

26th Jul 14 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Magnussen likely to start from the pitlane too. Needs new chassis and gearbox

Lewis needs new chassis, engine and gearbox, will also start from the pitlane i think.

[Edited on 26-07-2014 by JonnyJ]
JonnyJ

26th Jul 14 at 16:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also because a lot of his allotted PU components were destroyed by the fire that now means Lewis is on 4 of everything, wheres Nico is on 3. Likely hood is he'll run out and need to take a grid penalty at a future race.

Is there a photo that sums everything up more than this?

[Edited on 26-07-2014 by JonnyJ]
Daniel_Corsa
Premium Member

26th Jul 14 at 18:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Awesome photo Jonny

April '06' Corsasport Feature Car | Aug '08' Total Vauxhall Feature Car | Spring '09' Fast Car Feature Car
Jambo

26th Jul 14 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I missed 99% of Qually everytime I miss one it's always mental

Kimi strategists doing there best to fuck up their chances even further. Sod sacking Dominicelli just bin their strategy team! Not a bad show from Alonso though.

Hamiltons luck is getting unbelievable now. As JJ says shame there isn't a proper title fight happening due to Unreliability.

[Edited on 26-07-2014 by Jambo]
Ben G

26th Jul 14 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just been shopping for holiday clothes and they had this work of art inside Bluewater:

It's the first time i've seen an F1 car in real life and was amazed at just how long it was! And also how narrow it looked. Amazed at how some drivers manage to make their cars look twice as wide tbh.

Was quite funny. Was in a shitty mood then saw it and was all excited and the missus was a bit gutted that a car made me smile.

Women don't understand!
Kyle T
Premium Member

26th Jul 14 at 21:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
It's the first time i've seen an F1 car in real life

You need to see a GP man, the way those things change direction is just crazy. I've thought for many years that FOM footage is wank in terms of representing the cars properly.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

27th Jul 14 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish to, but I feel I would be gutted at not seeing all the footage of everything else going on around the track.

Do they have big screens up broadcasting it?

Costs an absolute fortune aswell!
Cole

27th Jul 14 at 10:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yes they do and yes it is
Pop

27th Jul 14 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I wish to, but I feel I would be gutted at not seeing all the footage of everything else going on around the track.

Do they have big screens up broadcasting it?

Costs an absolute fortune aswell!

When we went to the Singapore GP there were two big screens up in front of the grandstand we were in. To be fair the noise and speed of the cars is enough to keep you entertained even if you aren't sure what's going on. Once all the cars are racing near each other the noise is thunderous!

You could always tie in a GP with another holiday. When we went we had 3 day tickets with a designated seat and concerts by The Killers and Rihanna, all for only £137 each. I personally thought that was great value.

I don't think you'd be disappointed by a race or race weekend. My wife loved it as well and she normally isn't really interested in F1.
Aaron

27th Jul 14 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rain expected
Aaron

27th Jul 14 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm predicting Rosberg to be out of the race by the end of lap 3. Hamilton to finish 4th.
Steve
Premium Member

27th Jul 14 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wish
Aaron

27th Jul 14 at 12:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hamilton
Rick Draper

27th Jul 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Winging cunt. Brakes just gave up?? Seem ok now.......
Aaron

27th Jul 14 at 12:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

SC

Time for everyone to pit

<<  62    63    64    65    66    67    68  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0415101 seconds