corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Chris's atlantis blue Gsi rep: Breaking (message me for parts) NEW BUS :D

New Poll
  <<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Chris's atlantis blue Gsi rep: Breaking (message me for parts) NEW BUS :D
DansCorsaSXi
Organiser: Yorkshire
Premium Member

User status: Offline
15th Jan 13 at 16:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No worries brother haha,well I'm done at 9 so after that I can?

Star silver C20XE SXi Project thread

Smoke Grey Corsa GSi Project thread
Christopher

15th Jan 13 at 21:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well didn't get much done tonight! Got the brakes bled up and it's back up in the air for us to try and do something with the exhaust! Also had as local people know him (vauxhall technical helpline) round and turns out the engine is one with traction control on it do its restricted so got another inlet ready to go on so should be a bit quicker

[Edited on 15-01-2013 by Christopher]
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

so you're getting rid of the enlarged throttle body?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Christopher

16th Jan 13 at 06:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think so because its all restricted isn't it? He said there's butter flies in the inlet that restrict it? Is it better to keep yours on there daz? I don't want them to have seen its bigger and be doing me over to get a bigger tb? I went for dinner and came out and told me of would be slower because of it?

[Edited on 16-01-2013 by Christopher]
Darryl H
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would leave it for now mate, it ran great with that one and it didn't leak at all. Look at the problems Shaun is having with a leaky inlet I wouldn't want to risk it at least for a first start up.

Put it this way it kept with a focus st as it is...

Christopher

16th Jan 13 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ahhh Darryl! Haha now I don't know what to do!? It would be easier to change it all now before we sort wiring and stuff but if your throttle body is larger and better then if rather use it? :/ I think you should have just come down and done it with me! :/
Sean

16th Jan 13 at 10:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will only get grief from Colin and Simon if you say you want leave it on lol
Darryl H
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just sort it what ever way they suggest mate. It ran lovely with me but if they say do things otherwise its up to you/them

Christopher

16th Jan 13 at 12:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well is the tb lager than standard!? He's willing to swap the throttle body and inlet and wiring loom for free which makes me think he's seen that its a larger one and wants it so is doing a swap? Either that or they are generally trying to help! Lol not saying it doesn't run lovely daz they just said it will be faster with othe inlet as this ones restricted but obviously I don't have a clue so I don't want them mugging me off
LukesCorsaSXi

16th Jan 13 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through this from scratch. Can't believe all the arch work and stuff you did! Never even saw the seats or steering wheel either! XE will really finish this car off mate!
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 13:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously buddy just leave the inlet on there.. do it at a later date if you feel its not got enough power.. but i can gaurentee you wont notice when you drive it..
id honestly just leave it on there and get it up and running and have some fun in it before you start messing with bits because you know its a smooth fast brilliant engine as is
Darryl H
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd keep it as it is then that sounds a bit dodgey to me lol, I got it off Tom with the engine and he said it was enlarged, I've never had a problem with it and it sits better than other throttle bodies because of it

Christopher

16th Jan 13 at 13:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great try telling them that then :/ going to be fun! Il message tom now
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 17:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At the end of the day it's your car your engine. If they don't like it stuff them haha. Keep it .
Darryl H
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 18:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is your car mate

If you want their one take it if you want the one I ran it with keep it. Simple as, no one elses car

Christopher

16th Jan 13 at 18:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right lads! Spoke to Tom as well and think they may just be after the enlarged throttle body so I said I just want to keep it! now I need to get some crimpers for wiring? What does everyone else use? Soldering iron and tape?
Darryl H
Premium Member

16th Jan 13 at 18:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Heat shrink is best and soldering but I know others do it differently, I ran out of heat shrink last time so had to use tape

Sean

16th Jan 13 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty certain Colin wouldn't mug you off, he's a nice bloke he had sooo many parts he probably has a few enlarged tb's laying around
Christopher

17th Jan 13 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right, bit more work done today and its almost ready! Put my 1.2 loom on as it was a little tidyer (No offence to Daz) Just was easier attaching a plug as my loom had it on, fitted modded gear linkage (Extended the C and the Bar) so i now have gears and got most of the wiring sorted in the bay! Just got to weld exhaust, fit washer bottle and battery back in and sort out wiring inside for digi dash! Ive started on the mould for the surround so hopefully should get that done tomo which i had some kind words of advice from the real kizzacorsab!? Yes everyone hes still ALIVE :O

[Edited on 17-01-2013 by Christopher]
ArdenblueDan

17th Jan 13 at 21:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good to hear buddy did you sort the stainless exhaust out in the end?
Darryl H
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 21:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good job mate! That bit of wiring at the plug was a rush to be honest so glad you've addressed that

Christopher

17th Jan 13 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks lads Not yet Dan just going to attempt to weld a bit on for my current system just for the time being! I think your miles away from me

Thanks Darryl, Just didnt want to offend you and was far easier just having a loom with it on already! Thank you
Darryl H
Premium Member

17th Jan 13 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's alright mate, don't offend easily

ArdenblueDan

17th Jan 13 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea buddy lmao we're in the same region though haha
Christopher

17th Jan 13 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dan your 2 hours from me

<<  47    48    49    50    51    52    53  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Chris's atlantis blue Gsi rep: Breaking (message me for parts) NEW BUS :D 24 database queries in 0.0281019 seconds