corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread

New Poll
  <<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread
Ellis

User status: Offline
29th Sep 15 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
What happens with Maldonado's 2016 contract with Lotus if the buyout does happen? Are they obliged to honor it?

Renault will have given it the go ahead prior to the contract been agreed.

They'd be mental if they didn't honour it. The money he brings in via PDVSA is outrageous.
Dave

29th Sep 15 at 11:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You probably have to offset that against him totalling at least one car a weekend though.
Ben G

29th Sep 15 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

very true. I think it's somewhere between 30-50 million a season, so as long as the damage is less than that, they're quids in.

He actually had an incident free race this weekend with a good finish in the points.
Stu_22

29th Sep 15 at 13:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
You probably have to offset that against him totalling at least one car a weekend though.

That brings in more TV time than a leading merc
Jambo

29th Sep 15 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
very true. I think it's somewhere between 30-50 million a season, so as long as the damage is less than that, they're quids in.

He actually had an incident free race this weekend with a good finish in the points.

5th fastest lap also. He is quite good when he doesn't crash
Ben G

29th Sep 15 at 14:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, gotta give him credit where it's due.

I actually feel.a bit sorry for Grosjean. He is a man who has matured greatly in the last couple of years and would no doubt be a world champion if he was in the right car. He's very understated but gets the job done. Good guy.

[Edited on 29-09-2015 by Ben G]
Kyle T
Premium Member

29th Sep 15 at 14:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In the context of a works team budget, I'm not sure if Maldonado's cash even scratches the surface tbh

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Ben G

29th Sep 15 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So Grosjean to Hass next year. So much for world champion

[Edited on 29-09-2015 by Ben G]
Ellis

30th Sep 15 at 07:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely won't be a world champion winning car but aren't we just heading for what will effectively be another 2 Ferrari's on the grid?

Sounds like the 2 teams are very much in each others pockets, for obvious reasons, so we won't have much new thinking on the grid.

The Haas team doesn't excite me at all if I'm honest.
Kyle T
Premium Member

30th Sep 15 at 16:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Ferrari version of Torro Rosso could be pretty good IMO, especially if they use it in the same way (stepping stone for new/unproven drivers).

Haas fully intend to develop independence though, further down the line.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
spencer88

1st Oct 15 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Button confirmed for 2016.
Ellis

1st Oct 15 at 09:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Slightly surprised at that but not completely. I bet his contract is mega for the 2nd year, probably 60-70% of the total, unless Ron Dennis got his way of course

Edit: reporting £12million for 2016 season

[Edited on 01-10-2015 by Ellis]
Rick Draper

1st Oct 15 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Manor confirmed to be getting 2016 Merc engines next year.
Marc

1st Oct 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Button confirmed for 2016.

Dave

1st Oct 15 at 11:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That seems an odd move by McLaren, although shouldn't be expected by that bunch at the moment.
Fair enough he's a steady hand, bags of experience etc but unless they produce a car that is noticeably better than anyone else he's not going to be pushing for podiums and a younger driver would probably produce similar results for a lot less money.

I presume that means Alonso is on his way out then?
Ellis

1st Oct 15 at 11:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it's quite the opposite situation. I believe the sponsorship money that both Alonso and Button generate for the team warrants their inflated salaries. Kevin Magnussen is reasonably well backed financially from what I understand but not to the same level as Alonso/Button. Had it not been for sponsorship money, I would've expected something like a Magnussen/Vandoorne McLaren line-up for 2016.
Ellis

1st Oct 15 at 11:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/10012774/engine-exhaust-changes-to-make-cars-louder-for-2016-season

F1 going for a screamer pipe arrangement in 2016?
Dave

1st Oct 15 at 11:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Really? Considering McLaren have been running with no title sponsor this year and not looking like having one for 2016 either?

Don't get me wrong I like Button, it just seems a sideways step for the team and a retirement fund for him, not that he's going to be short like!
Ellis

1st Oct 15 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Really? Considering McLaren have been running with no title sponsor this year and not looking like having one for 2016 either?

Don't get me wrong I like Button, it just seems a sideways step for the team and a retirement fund for him, not that he's going to be short like!

Yeah it seems completely counter intuitive. I'm not sure what the numbers look like, or if they're even widely published, but my understanding of the sponsor situation makes the Button/Alonso thing beneficial to McLaren overall.
Dave

1st Oct 15 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Perhaps they have a sponsor in line for next year but it's dependant on Button/Alonso staying? Not heard any rumours though.

Also wasn't it widely rumoured that Honda were picking up the tab for Alonso, if so that makes last weeks radio rants even more embarrassing for them.
Ellis

1st Oct 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Perhaps they have a sponsor in line for next year but it's dependant on Button/Alonso staying? Not heard any rumours though.

Also wasn't it widely rumoured that Honda were picking up the tab for Alonso, if so that makes last weeks radio rants even more embarrassing for them.

Believe they have just signed up that sparkling wine mob 'Chandon' as their main sponsor/partner going forward. Whether this is set to change into next season I have no idea.

I've also heard that Honda are, or at least partially, funding Alonso but I don't know for sure or any finer details. Good point on the radio rants
whitter45

1st Oct 15 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

interesting they allow alcoholic sponsorship for motorsport
Ben G

1st Oct 15 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

This has been overlooked. Shouod be interesting to see whether the Manor with a Merc engine is quicker than a dog McLaren
Rick Draper

1st Oct 15 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
quote:

This has been overlooked. Shouod be interesting to see whether the Manor with a Merc engine is quicker than a dog McLaren

Also they will be using Williams gearbox and suspension components and Petronas lubricants.
nibnob21
Premium Member

1st Oct 15 at 21:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pretty sure Honda pay half of Alonso's wages.

Bet they were livid with his comments. What with Japanese culture being so much about respect and keeping face. For Alonso to come out with those comments at the 'home' Grand Prix would not have gone down well!

[Edited on 01-10-2015 by nibnob21]

MX5 Project Thread

<<  40    41    42    43    44    45    46  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2015 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0247729 seconds