corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
shaunmods
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Sep 09 at 16:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers peeps, its getting there now slowly

Mark, pop round whenever mate. Not back at college till next week so I'm around this week
M Sutton

14th Sep 09 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

MINT
jungle

14th Sep 09 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

irmy splitter would look lush on that mate
mark_gsi

14th Sep 09 at 19:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just had a look through this, brilliant work on the car mate such an improvement to it, will be perfect when the 1600 is fitted. looks great and well done.

[Edited on 14-09-2009 by mark_gsi]
swill_omnibus

14th Sep 09 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sofa-King cool
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers guys. Me and Luke made a little bit more progress with it on friday I cleaned up the lower inlet during the week and gave it a fresh coat of paint so it looked tiptop. We stripped off the old gaskets and replaced them with some nice new ones. Also fitted my new GM Oil filter

Could resist trial fitting the vx inlet on!

Getting there now Next couple of things I need to do is clean up my Throttle body so I can fit the VX inlet properly. Got a few other little bits to clean up and paint as well so I'll get those done sometime next week Still plenty more to do though!
marklawton

20th Sep 09 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looking good mate, have you thought about blanking the egr valve off?
DannyB
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 12:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Great progress mate
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 12:36   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers chaps. Yeah thats the plan Mark, just need to get hold of a blanking plate
marklawton

20th Sep 09 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vauxhall sell them for about £5. someone on here will get you the part number
dan-sport

20th Sep 09 at 15:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks mint mate, im loving the rocker cover and inlet
swill_omnibus

20th Sep 09 at 19:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looking awesome fella

Is the blanking plate the same for every engine or do they differ!?
shaunmods
Premium Member

20th Sep 09 at 21:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by swill_omnibus
Looking awesome fella

Is the blanking plate the same for every engine or do they differ!?

I'd imagine they are different mate but I can't say for sure
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 18:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About time I updated this I reckon! Well as im sure most of you know the Corsa got rear ended roughly a month ago. This is the second time this year someone's gone into the back of me. However, this time the woman made sure she did a proper job of it lol. The insurance declared it a total loss but I very luckily managed to get a cash in Lieu settlement so the car didn't get put into a write of cat category

The car that hit me was a brand new Kia which had a tiny little scratch on the bumper. Mine came off a hell of a lot worse. cracked back bumper, bent boot and a creased and dented back panel. Just goes to show how much better made newer cars are!

I got paid out £800 to repair the car myself and also got another just over another grand for personal injuries as I'd torn a muscle in my neck. Seriously chuffed with both payouts!

I decided to take the car off the road so that I could repair it properly and is now parked in the back garden. I decided to get a cover for it as the cats round here love it under the car port

Today is the first chance I've had to start work on the car. Took the knackered back bumper off so that I could see how badly damaged the back panel was. Its a lot worse than we first thought but my dad seems pretty sure that we should be able to repair the existing panel rather than replacing it with a new one

Also bought a new boot on friday Was watching it on ebay and managed to get it for a tenner! no rust on it what so ever!

Just waiting for my new bumpers to turn up then I'll getting it all down the bodyshop to be sprayed

Also bought a little runaround to use while mines being fixed Peugeot 106 1.1. Gave it a damn good clean today as the paintwork was flat as hell on it! Don't think its been polished before Came up great though

More updates coming very soon!

[Edited on 02-01-2010 by shaunmods]
swill_omnibus

8th Nov 09 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You gonna put that 1.6 in the sametime or hold back?
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by swill_omnibus
You gonna put that 1.6 in the sametime or hold back?

Yep the 1.6 is going in as soon as possible Swill Got a fair bit left to do to it though before its ready. Need to crack on with it! We are aiming to start the conversion after new year
cayenne15
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice one Shaun just give me a text, if you need an extra pair of hands, with repairing or engine transplant!
Danny W
Organiser: East Midlands
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good stuff Shaun, new engine is looking Fresh

Back pannel doesn't look too bad compared with a few i've seen, when my bro bumped his it was far worse than that and had pushed into the spare wheel well Due to not having a crash bar behind the bumper!

How far has the crashbar pushed the rear pannel back? has it pushed into the rear quater's?
You should be able to knock that out fairly easy and underseal/spray it.
Worst thing is making sure the lock aligns up with the tailgate once its all pulled out & getting the tailgate to sit propperly

Smoke Grey 5 Door

EastMids Regional Events
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Danny. By the looks of it because the cars so low the woman's hit above the actual crash bar as all the damage is above the bar along the lock area, upper part of the rear panel and the lower section of the boot. The panels been pushed back roughly 30-40mm I reckon. Rear quarters are fine though luckily

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by shaunmods]
Adam C
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Soo glad your sticking with it, shall only be better and faster when it comes back out

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Chris x

8th Nov 09 at 19:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done! Bit of a result with the payouts! Thats the reason mines looking like it does today!

I noticed you put bumper's' so what you getting on the front?
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
Soo glad your sticking with it, shall only be better and faster when it comes back out

Couldn't give up on it It will be back bigger and better than ever mate

Chris, all will be revealed very soon hehe
Chris x

8th Nov 09 at 19:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fair enough!

How you finding the pug?

My mate had the 1.0 verstion, 4speed. Found it was faster than my old 1.2 8v. But it did have 17's on which made it alot slower!

Find the pug faster?

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by Chris Corsa B]
DannyB
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strip that 106 when you're done, I'll have loads off that
shaunmods
Premium Member

8th Nov 09 at 20:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

106 is alright actually yeah. Its the 4 speed one but its deffo quite a bit quicker than my corsa! It's interesting to drive in the wet to say the least

Danny I'll let you know lol

[Edited on 08-11-2009 by shaunmods]

<<  28    29    30    31    32    33    34  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0266352 seconds