corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden GSi

New Poll
  <<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Arden GSi
Christopher

User status: Offline
2nd Dec 12 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gutted but can totally relate to this atm! I just cant see whats wrong with mine!
Martin W
Organiser: South East
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Christopher
Gutted but can totally relate to this atm! I just cant see whats wrong with mine!

same here mate, gonna get it fixed and sell it i think, completely fed up with it
gav93

2nd Dec 12 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

cant believe this especially after the amount of ££'s you've put in it! got to be like a wrong sensor or wire misplaced or something silly like that i imagine?!
Martin W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gav93
cant believe this especially after the amount of ££'s you've put in it! got to be like a wrong sensor or wire misplaced or something silly like that i imagine?!

i'd guess so, engine loom doesnt look to clever now its been taken in and out 100 times, but cant really see how the sensors can be wrong , theres only a few.
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 20:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it's anything like the xe you can get the knock sensor and Idle control valve muddled up?

Hope you sort it buddy you never seem to have much luck!

We all have problems it's just a case of whether you can be arsed to sort them out if they keep getting worse/more common.

Have you thought about maybe another conversion? Or is that out of the question?

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
Martin W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 20:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Darryl H
If it's anything like the xe you can get the knock sensor and Idle control valve muddled up?

Hope you sort it buddy you never seem to have much luck!

We all have problems it's just a case of whether you can be arsed to sort them out if they keep getting worse/more common.

Have you thought about maybe another conversion? Or is that out of the question?

the idle control on mine is moved because of the powerbox and i know they are all connected correctly. could be the knock sensor wired in incorrectly but all the other sensors looked fine?

Not gonna bother with another conversion, its cost me well over 1000 just on the engine block itself, would rather just sell and move on
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 20:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

double check everything even the timing of the cams. sleep on it and chances are you'll sort it drive it again and be happy.

re honeing of bores, 20w/50 mineral oil or if block is out and totaly stripped use cutting/ machining coolant oil. rotate hone tool as slow as possible move up and down bore as fast as possible to get 120/ 90 degre cross hatch overlap. get someone to squirt oil down bore as you hone it. when refitting pistons make sure bore is totaly clean and dry with brake cleaner, just oil the control ring and piston skirt.
Martin W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
double check everything even the timing of the cams. sleep on it and chances are you'll sort it drive it again and be happy.

re honeing of bores, 20w/50 mineral oil or if block is out and totaly stripped use cutting/ machining coolant oil. rotate hone tool as slow as possible move up and down bore as fast as possible to get 120/ 90 degre cross hatch overlap. get someone to squirt oil down bore as you hone it. when refitting pistons make sure bore is totaly clean and dry with brake cleaner, just oil the control ring and piston skirt.

The re honing has already been done by the engine builders an pistons are in, it has to be a wiring issue can't really see what else it could be
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

said about honing as someone else comented on doing theirs. double check everthing, be something simple as it ran before.
Martin W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 21:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
said about honing as someone else comented on doing theirs. double check everthing, be something simple as it ran before.

Oh I see

Yeah was running fine before so it's gotta be something silly
Mark.W

2nd Dec 12 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hope its just something minor after all the time and money you have put into it mate,would be a shame to get rid as its a smart little corsa.
Martin W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 21:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Hope its just something minor after all the time and money you have put into it mate,would be a shame to get rid as its a smart little corsa.

Hi mate , yeah It will be I'm just sick to the back teeth with it
davegreen
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 21:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

when my engine gave up after spending a few grand on it i all most gave up, toyed with a z20leh conversion or scraping it. ended up rebuilding it then got the call from total vauxhall and had it featured. now its runing great im so glad i kept on with it!
Martin W
Premium Member

2nd Dec 12 at 21:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
when my engine gave up after spending a few grand on it i all most gave up, toyed with a z20leh conversion or scraping it. ended up rebuilding it then got the call from total vauxhall and had it featured. now its runing great im so glad i kept on with it!

With the freezing weather now it's even more reason to just leave it for the time being
daine
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 14:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Martin! chin up mate, it's gunna be your daily, so you have to get it done.
plus you've put that much time and effort in to it, needless to say a lot of cash too!, selling it, and moving
on means somebody gets a cheap, mint car with a small problem
And you! pissed off and defeated Come on, think about it! you've worked hard to get one of the cleanest corsa's on the sit!
ArdenblueDan

3rd Dec 12 at 15:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got to agree with you Daine someone's gonna get a bargain if you sell and could be something small
fazza

3rd Dec 12 at 15:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

if you do decide to get rid mate u2u me a price as it is.

Can even take the engine out if you like
gav93

3rd Dec 12 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

dont you even think about u2u'ing fazza lol
Darryl H
Organiser: South Central
Premium Member

3rd Dec 12 at 18:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

|My Corsa|SC|My Instagram|
.Matt

4th Dec 12 at 00:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Come on Martin... I didn't lend you my crane for no reason...

On another note, i have a x16xe not being useful, i am willing to let you have it for a small fee if you need a new engine.... also my engine crane is right next to it...
mjazzman

4th Dec 12 at 11:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice car fella
Martin W
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 19:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a update:

Got rings done and oil pump put it back together last week, the thread on the tensioner was fucked again without us knowing, started it up and now I've got bent valves on piston 4.

Runs on 3 , but yet another strip down and rebuild!

[Edited on 11-12-2012 by deadliner]
Jon_C
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 19:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuckin hell dude. I would of given up Long ago
Martin W
Premium Member

11th Dec 12 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_C
Fuckin hell dude. I would of given up Long ago

Tell me about it
ArdenblueDan

13th Dec 12 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chin up bud it's one of the best Arden blue corsa's I've seen I hope it all goes well when it's done dude

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Arden GSi 24 database queries in 0.0283499 seconds