corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra

New Poll
  <<  293    294    295    296    297    298    299  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author ep3 turbo and mk4 astra
kennySRi

User status: Offline
2nd May 16 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hope you're not going to buy that black badge, looks awful
whitter45

2nd May 16 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben J
How good does that sound even on standard exhaust system!!

remember all new cars like this have synthesized audio - the speakers play a track matched to engine revs hence why they sound so good inside
Nic Barnes

2nd May 16 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's under the bonnet isn't it?

[Edited on 02-05-2016 by Nic Barnes]
Nic Barnes

2nd May 16 at 13:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://youtu.be/6WOTw_lIoKw

Skip to about 4 minutes for a before and after. Not massively different tbh. Mine sounds massively different after fitting the intake which will have nothing to do with the soundaktor anyway.
Nic Barnes

2nd May 16 at 15:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Exhaust tips are getting a bit better. Need some of that wire Brillo stuff, the fine one and more autosol should come up better. Still, better than my first go.

Gave it a clean. I personally think the colour looks great, I know it's not to the tastes of others.
kennySRi

2nd May 16 at 17:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people dislike the blue but I think it's great. Looks really nice there, best colour for the golf imo. Are you still getting those sticker things for the wheels? You posted them a bit ago and made the wheels look miles better.
MatthewR

2nd May 16 at 17:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
. Are you still getting those sticker things for the wheels? You posted them a bit ago and made the wheels look miles better.

pow
Premium Member

2nd May 16 at 21:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Lol i like how kyle doesnt trust you know how an accelerator works

Seems lots of people discover it after several weeks or months of owning the car (based on my Google sample).

Done some more googling about what it might do on a manual car, apparently if I'm driving in an eco or comfort mode - the "kickdown switch" will override the engine/power delivery settings to give me full power for overtaking etc.

It all seems very complicated.

Do you have a speed limiter?
Nic Barnes

3rd May 16 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someone has bought my Corsa shell. Quite happy to see its still alive and going to live on again with an engine.
Ojc

4th May 16 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

R u a man
Nic Barnes

4th May 16 at 16:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Turbo technics man chassis intake hose. Arrived a lot sooner than the 3 weeks it took for the intake. Dyno proven on regals rollers to add 10-12bhp. Hoping to fit it in the next couple of days. Was going to get the pipe in blue but thought it would look daft as nothing else will be blue probably ever.
Robin
Premium Member

5th May 16 at 14:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why does it have a reducer/restrictor to put inside?
Nic Barnes

5th May 16 at 15:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That the fitting to go onto the k04, guess it's tapered into it rather than meeting a square edge. People seem to get good 10-12bhp gains from fitting it anyway, every little bit helps and all that.

[Edited on 05-05-2016 by Nic Barnes]
Nic Barnes

5th May 16 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pipe off and comparison. Quite a difference.

And done.
taylorboosh

5th May 16 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine on my mk4 was a right thunder cunt to fit
Nic Barnes

5th May 16 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

report, it does feel like it pulls much harder. It seems to respond more, the intake noise is once again more present. Sounds quite nice the intake noise actually. 10-12bhp gain? Possible. Shame my mates 4wd rollers aren't done yet as I would have liked a before and after run. Oh well.

When it gets remapped either Apr or Revo, undecided, it will get a before and after run done so will see if it's slightly higher than the std 298bhp then.
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

7th May 16 at 10:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow
quote:
quote:

Seems lots of people discover it after several weeks or months of owning the car (based on my Google sample).

Done some more googling about what it might do on a manual car, apparently if I'm driving in an eco or comfort mode - the "kickdown switch" will override the engine/power delivery settings to give me full power for overtaking etc.

Do you have a speed limiter?

It's the same on my vRS, and you're right - all the eco/sport etc modes do is change the power delivery based upon throttle position. Full throttle will always give full power, regardless of mode. The 'step' in the pedal is mildly annoying though.

Pow - no speed limiter. I think it's a kickdown switch for DSG, so means nothing in a manual.
Nic Barnes

7th May 16 at 15:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If I unplug the haldex I can run the car on my mates dyno so I think I will take it there if he is in one night and see what it is making if any over standard power.
Ben G

7th May 16 at 16:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a cool pipe. Why such big gains? Can get the same thing for the Fiesta, but wasn't sure if it was just Internet BS or real gains.

I know silicone hoses are less restrictive, but surely there's more to it than that? Is the pipe diameter.larger?
Nic Barnes

7th May 16 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

look at the difference in the pic above of the original sat beside the new one. Angle into the turbo is much smoother and the bore size is also a lot larger there. You're probably right though it's probably Internet bullshit. It definitely feels like it pulls harder and it has made the car have a load more induction noise. So it's done something.
Nic Barnes

9th May 16 at 05:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went for a nice walk to a place called high cup Nick in Cumbria, parked the golf on some grass on the side of the road all day. i think its a brilliant car. So pleased with it.
Ben J

9th May 16 at 06:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

My Clio is Manual, but when in ECO mode (which it is most of the time), it has this feature similar to kickdown on an Auto, to override ECO in times when you need full power.
Ben J

9th May 16 at 06:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BarnshaW
your car will have kickdown Nick

Yep. DSG box will have kickdown.

VrsTurbo
Premium Member

9th May 16 at 12:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I went to a revo open day yesterday. If i had a golf r i'd be getting it mapped by them. They seem to know what they are doing!
Nic Barnes

9th May 16 at 16:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Revo have franchises all over. It's between them and Apr.

<<  293    294    295    296    297    298    299  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » ep3 turbo and mk4 astra 23 database queries in 0.0837018 seconds