corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics

New Poll
  <<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics
Sean-B

User status: Offline
22nd Jun 09 at 07:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looks soo nice mate! can't wait to get mine back!
Haimsey
Premium Member

22nd Jun 09 at 07:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks brilliant

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
cayenne15
Premium Member

22nd Jun 09 at 07:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by shaunmods
a HUGE thanks goes to Luke (cayenne15) who helped me swap it over. Couldnt of done it without you mate, owe you big time!

yes u do good to see u got the spoiler fitted then!!

looks sooo nice mate!! will be perfect with the 1.6 in it

[Edited on 22-06-2009 by cayenne15]
cayenne15
Premium Member

29th Jun 09 at 20:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

some pics of me and Shaun over the weekend, we gave his car a very good clean and detail!

EDIT:

there you go mate!

[Edited on 29-06-2009 by cayenne15]
ProjectNCK

29th Jun 09 at 23:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i absolutly adore this car with one exception taht left mudflap with the flag missing
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Jun 09 at 17:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ProjectNCK
i absolutly adore this car with one exception taht left mudflap with the flag missing

lmao everyone seems to be noticing that lately Will have to keep my eye out for a new one
Paul_Safc

1st Jul 09 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car looks spot on mate
swill_omnibus

1st Jul 09 at 22:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whens the 1.6 going in now?
shaunmods
Premium Member

2nd Jul 09 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by swill_omnibus
Whens the 1.6 going in now?

Not going to be for a good while mate I'm a full time student and only work about 15 hours a week so I'm not earning at much at the minute. Saving hard for my insurance next year so I'm not left with much cash to spend after that.

So at the minute im thinking its not going to be going in until the end of the year/very early next year. Its definitely coming off the road for the winter though.

While im here I might as well post a few nice pics I took of it with Luke. Some of the best Ive got I reckon

antnee

2nd Jul 09 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is one of my all time fav corsas, well done!
Ellis

2nd Jul 09 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Beautiful
swill_omnibus

2nd Jul 09 at 10:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least you aint rushing it though. Could probably clean it all up and paint it make it look pretty

Mark.W

18th Jul 09 at 21:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Car is looking amazing mate and the new engine will complete the car nicely

Iv bought a 1.6 16v engine last week for mine and should be in the car about 1-2 weeks and cant wait for it. 45bhp is not good for anyone

Its cost me more for parts for the engine than what the actual engine cost altogether
But rather change as much on the engine as possible before it gets fitted.

[Edited on 18-07-2009 by wooly101uk]
shaunmods
Premium Member

18th Jul 09 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Glad to hear your going down the 1.6 route mate Sounds like you're not hanging about with it either...unlike me lol. Me and Luke started strippping down the engine on thursday so I can start cleaning it up and get it looking mint! Will be painting up the block at some point next week so I'll post some piccies up then

All being well the car will be coming off the road after trax so I can get cracking with it

[Edited on 18-07-2009 by shaunmods]
Mark.W

18th Jul 09 at 21:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Glad to hear your going down the 1.6 route mate Sounds like you're not hanging about with it either...unlike me lol. Me and Luke started strippping down the engine on thursday so I can start cleaning it up and get it looking mint! Will be painting up the block at some point next week so I'll post some piccies up then

All being well the car will be coming off the road after trax so I can get cracking with it

[Edited on 18-07-2009 by shaunmods]

Well its taken me over a year to bite the bullet and go ahead with a conversion really mate,i did plan to go down the redtop route like many others but was going to be far too much hassle and too much high maintenance for me then my mate Dezzy.Kay off here bought a corsa to strip and sell and asked me would i be interested in the engine.so went and looked & listened to it on a monday just over a week ago and it was in my garage on the Wednesday night that same week.

I just had to have it because it is a low milage engine (50k) and drops straight into mine and its just plug & play unlike the what the redtop would have been.

I think the 1.6 is the sensible option really compared to the redtop because of the huge power jump from a 1.2 where as the 1.6 is in the middle.plus the 1.6 can be tuned in lots of ways
shaunmods
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 19:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Havent updated this in aaggess

Finally started some work on the 1.6 fitted the engine onto my stand now so its easier to work on. Me and Luke (cheers again bud!) have spent some time stripping down the external parts from the engine so that it could be cleaned up, have to say its looking a lot better already Have to say I think we have both learnt a fair bit as neither of us are particularly mechanically minded

Heres how it looked this morning. Looking a bit bare compared to how I got it!

The block was caked in crap so we gave it a damn good clean with some Gunk. Worked a treat! This was followed by some paint Decided to do the block in silver

Heres a quick pic of my latest purchase as well VX Performance inlet! Spotted it for sale on here brand new for a bargin price so had to have it! Getting it powder coated next month along with the rocker cover

More updates coming soon hopefully

[Edited on 30-07-2009 by shaunmods]
cayenne15
Premium Member

30th Jul 09 at 19:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Have to say I think we have both learnt a fair bit as neither of us are particularly mechanically minded

nice to see i got a shout out too true about the above statement!!!

nice one mate
swill_omnibus

30th Jul 09 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice to see your tuning it already
Mark.W

30th Jul 09 at 22:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good start mate.

it will feel like a rocket when its fitted trust me
Adam C
Premium Member

31st Jul 09 at 02:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nice work mate, quick tip, fit that inlet whilst the engines out, was a rite pain in the ass to do on my mates 1.6, we got it done but would have been easier with the engine out.

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Ojc

31st Jul 09 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lovely project, just needs green glass and black carpet
ali_corsa

1st Aug 09 at 09:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

let me know when your back working on it again i drop the stuff off to you
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 09:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sorry I havent updated this in a while guys Got a fair few bits to mention now though! I've spent a lot more time cleaning the engine up (cheers again to Luke for helping bud ) Its pretty much spotless now so I'm chuffed! The day after we'd finished painting the block in silver I decided I hated the colour Thought after I'd painted the sump, gearbox etc there would be too much silver going on so stripped it off and re done it in matt black Look 100% better!

As mentioned earlier I wanted my rocker cover and inlet manifold powdercoating Spoke to Dan-sport about getting his uncle to do them for me as I'd heard nothing but positive comments about his work. Me and Dan went down there on Wednesday to pick a colour. I've decided I want the engine bay to contrast with the exterior so I didnt want white as it might have looked ott. The guy showed us a set of alloys he'd just done, me and Dan new straight away this was the colour! its stunning! Got them done for a bargin in the end as well so im over the moon with them

Heres a few pics

Couldn't resist trying the rocker cover on

My little 1.0 brakes have been a bit iffy for a while now and after doing some heavy braking on a few occasions lately the seemed to have got a hell of a lot worse lol. Had a few scary moments pulling up behind people Popped a wheel off and noticed I'd run out of pads so thought this might be a good time to upgrade them lol! Bought some red-dot grooved 2.0 16v disks off MJ on here and picked up some 16v calipers and pads to go with them off Alansxi. Gave the calipers a good clean up and a lick of paint

Then set about fitting them. Put the calipers on the wrong sides to start with wondered why they wouldn't bleed properly lol. I think there must be some air left in the system still as they feel a bit spongey and I can't get them to lock up at all so im going to re-bleed them again later on

I'll get some pics of them behind the speedies soon. Just want to wash the wheels first because the wheels are stupidly dirty

Plans now are to start refitting the inlet. Also painted my sump up the other day so thats ready to go back on now as well.

Cheers for looking
Chris x

16th Aug 09 at 10:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like that alot mate!

Get some underseal on them front arches tho!
shaunmods
Premium Member

16th Aug 09 at 11:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Chris Corsa B
Like that alot mate!

Get some underseal on them front arches tho!

Thanks dude Yeah it needs doing asap to be honest. Planning to do the whole underside of the car. Just need to find a big sheet so I dont get it all over the drive

<<  26    27    28    29    30    31    32  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Corsa B 1.0 Build Up X16XE - Coilovers fitted and Billing pics 24 database queries in 0.0273221 seconds