corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » iPhone 6 Thread

New Poll
  <<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author iPhone 6 Thread
SXI - Matt

User status: Offline
19th Sep 14 at 19:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went and bought a silicon case from apple now wishing I got the leather one if any one wants a new silicon apple case in black let me know

£35 for the leather is steep but looks good
John

19th Sep 14 at 19:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anything different in the new phones apart from almost catching up with the spec of my year old, 300 quid nexus 5?
Russ

19th Sep 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt
Went and bought a silicon case from apple now wishing I got the leather one if any one wants a new silicon apple case in black let me know

you bought a silicon case, for more than £3?
SXI - Matt

19th Sep 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Russ
quote:
Originally posted by SXI - Matt

you bought a silicon case, for more than £3?

Yes £25 to be precise as I was in the apple shop, in fairness I've never since owning iPhones had a case that has fitted properly and lasts under £15/£20 will be getting swapped for there leather one any way as the silicon colour anouys me

I tend to buy one and keep it the whole life of the phone

[Edited on 19-09-2014 by SXI - Matt]
Russ

19th Sep 14 at 21:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Generation

19th Sep 14 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Paid £18 for mine, yes I could pay £3 on eBay, and wait for postage and drop in the meantime.

Also from experience, a lot of cheap ones stretch. This is the best case I've used on any of my iPhones.

Least if gives other people a chance to moan at people spending their money on what they like AGAIN
John

19th Sep 14 at 22:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought the expensive leather cover for my 5S. Initially looked brilliant, very, very quickly wore (only had the phone for a couple of weeks). So, fitted well but quality was actually well sub par.
kz

19th Sep 14 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Done some simultaneous testing tonight as I was bored... opened stock apps on both 5S & 6, strangely enough 8 out of the 10 apps I tried opened quicker on the 5S!

Then I shut them down, the 6 was quicker.

But booting back up, the 5S was once again quicker

The screens though, wow, massive difference. The screen is so 'yellow' on the 5S in comparison, 6 is beautifully sharp and white balance is immense, very impressed there.

Now I'm getting the batteries to exactly the same level and I'm going to leave them over night to see how much they drain. I'm sad, I know
Generation

20th Sep 14 at 00:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VERY
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 14 at 00:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

slow motion is pretty cool. Filmed my mate shuffling a deck of cards when we were playing poker earlier. Although no doubts a reply to say phones could do this back on snake 1 Nokias, I was merely saying I used it and enjoyed its filming.
mattievRS

20th Sep 14 at 09:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm really impressed with the overall design of the 6, it feels nice to hold and the proportions are spot on. Screen is much sharper than my 5 was but its not a huge leap forward in terms of capability but moving the power button is annoying me slightly, as I keep turning the volume down trying to shut the phone off! Lol Battery levels on the 6 seem loads better than the 5 having lost just 4% overnight on my 6. I will be looking to get a leather slip in case for mine rather than a clip on one I think but overall I'm very happy with the 6.

[Edited on 20-09-2014 by mattievRS]
kz

20th Sep 14 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
slow motion is pretty cool. Filmed my mate shuffling a deck of cards when we were playing poker earlier. Although no doubts a reply to say phones could do this back on snake 1 Nokias, I was merely saying I used it and enjoyed its filming.

Slow motion was on the iPhone 5S too, what previous phone did you come from? It's now twice as slow on the 6 though... managed to capture some of the lightning we had last night good timing!

As for my sad battery tests, in exactly 9 hours of doing absolutely nothing with all apps shut down properly before hand, the 5S lost 18% battery, whereas the 6 only lost 6%
Russ

20th Sep 14 at 11:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

but the battery is year old in your 5s...
Ben G

20th Sep 14 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The phone looks nice but that camera sticking out ruins it.

Does the case not allow the camera to sit flush?
kz

20th Sep 14 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Yes but should that matter that much? If so that's very poor.
Russ

20th Sep 14 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:

Yes but should that matter that much? If so that's very poor.
of course it matters
Generation

20th Sep 14 at 12:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Strict testing rules here. Would you expect an old car battery to last same length as brand new model of same one?
Rob_Quads

20th Sep 14 at 12:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Having problems with exchange email accounts on the iPhone6 - iPhone5 is working fine strangely.
EDIT: Looks like its the old Google removing Exchange access to Free Apps accounts.

Had a play with a 6 Plus in the shops today. Really nice to use and didn't feel overly big but in the pocket was too big. Not portable enough. Its that fine line of not fitting in pockets properly etc

[Edited on 20-09-2014 by Rob_Quads]
mattievRS

20th Sep 14 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kz
quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes

Slow motion was on the iPhone 5S too, what previous phone did you come from? It's now twice as slow on the 6 though... managed to capture some of the lightning we had last night good timing!

As for my sad battery tests, in exactly 9 hours of doing absolutely nothing with all apps shut down properly before hand, the 5S lost 18% battery, whereas the 6 only lost 6%

The battery test on my 6 against my 5 (the 5 having had a new battery 2 months ago) is maybe a little more accurate? The 6 lost 4% overnight, whereas the 5 lost 12% overnight. Both with no apps running.
kz

20th Sep 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So exactly the same ratio... i.e. 3 times the amount. Maybe one years usage doesn't matter after all
Nic Barnes

20th Sep 14 at 16:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well i usually track all my bike rides and runs etc i do. today was 3 hours roughly gps running and 2 apps, endomondo, and strava both running like i always do. iPhone 6 lost 19% battery. my 5 would usually be at around 40% left. yeah its 2 years old etc, i understand, so I'm not massively impressed, more just saying what happened today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvLMmGFZtSg&feature=em-upload_owner

filmed that today. zero imagination i know, but still i thought it came out ok!
AlunJ

20th Sep 14 at 18:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Having problems with exchange email accounts on the iPhone6 - iPhone5 is working fine strangely.
EDIT: Looks like its the old Google removing Exchange access to Free Apps accounts.

Had a play with a 6 Plus in the shops today. Really nice to use and didn't feel overly big but in the pocket was too big. Not portable enough. Its that fine line of not fitting in pockets properly etc

[Edited on 20-09-2014 by Rob_Quads]

I had terrible trouble getting my gmail accounts to login, kept telling me I had incorrect passwords when they weren't
Syncing it up with my iCloud keychain sorted that out.
Russ

20th Sep 14 at 18:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the battery is slightly bigger, and cpu is more efficient allegedly
mwg

22nd Sep 14 at 08:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

3-4 week wait for me
djgritt
Premium Member

22nd Sep 14 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mine is coming in this week. Tried a local Three store on the offchance they had stock, unsuccessfully.
Upgraded & Pre-ordered at the same time, should be here by the weekend.

Had a play with their demo units on hand. The 6t is a good size, definitely no worse than my S4 and looks better than pictures, and feels pretty good quality too.
The screen quality is a massive step up from my current 5 too, which is nice. The blunt camera protrusion is a bit poor though, why the didn't mould a small 'bulge' in the back cover similar to a Samsung to accommodate it instead is beyond me.

The 6+ is a bit too big for me I feel, but didn't look too massive in general (or as expected), IMO.

<<  17    18    19    20    21    22    23  >>

New Poll