corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Me too - ridiculous London prices...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Me too - ridiculous London prices...
James

User status: Offline
9th Oct 13 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The problem is that most people that don't know London assume that if you live somewhere that is classed as London, it is like Covent Garden/Leicester Square etc.

There are a lot of places that are officially in London but are very nice and fairly quiet.

Having said that, I still prefer working in London and living outside London

[Edited on 09-10-2013 by James]
Robbo

9th Oct 13 at 12:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah We have a Common 2 mins from our door that is twice the size of the green space in the town I'm from for example, plus we are onyl 15 mins run from Hyde Park, Wandsworth Park and Wandsworth Common

Going back to your earlier point James, I have to agree with Paul in that you dont mind paying the extra if you actually want to live in London. Our office is literally 2 mins from Paddington, meanign I could easily commute form outside but I personally just wanted to live the London lifestyle
Hammer

9th Oct 13 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cousin stays in Wanstead, lovely place. Reminds me of St Andrews up here, was not expecting it not knowing what London was like.
Paul_J

9th Oct 13 at 14:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
nicely done Wandsworth is nice as is Putney, I used to live between both and am now at the top of Wandsworth Bridge Rd on the Kings Rd. Make sure you get down The Ship regularly

Cool yeah I know the Ship! I've been living just up the road in Clapham Junction near Spencer Park for a while - do you ever go to the Powder Keg?
Robbo

9th Oct 13 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no dont recognise the name. Another plus/minus depending on who you speka to (minus in my eyes) is that youre within 1 bus ride from infernos in clapham and the fez clubi n putney, shoudl you like to partake in the stickiest of sticky carpet joints....
Paul_J

9th Oct 13 at 15:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
no dont recognise the name. Another plus/minus depending on who you speka to (minus in my eyes) is that youre within 1 bus ride from infernos in clapham and the fez clubi n putney, shoudl you like to partake in the stickiest of sticky carpet joints....

Yeah I know the hole... I tend to avoid it though, plenty of nice bars / pubs around.

http://www.powderkegdiplomacy.co.uk/

Great food / great beers or ales!

Another good place to eat is http://www.entreebattersea.co.uk/
Butler

21st Oct 13 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't get the fuss with The Ship. It's alright but there's a lot better. Suppose it's a decent enough local for a lot of mates that live on the river.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll