corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Who was saying about Realism in Racing Games? F1 Sim etc?

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Who was saying about Realism in Racing Games? F1 Sim etc?
Cosmo

User status: Offline
11th Dec 07 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
the do if it means they can bring it out on a console

which is a bigger gaming platform (combined) than PC gaming...at a guess?
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

scawen has told me personally that until its finished (ie S3) its not coming to a console, chances are it wont ever come to a console.
Nath

11th Dec 07 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Keith told me they'd like it to one day though.
Paul_J

11th Dec 07 at 18:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmo
quote:
the do if it means they can bring it out on a console

which is a bigger gaming platform (combined) than PC gaming...at a guess?

You guys have to realise these guys arn't developing it to become super rich and sell millions of copies. They're developing it to provide a game that they love and other like minded people will love and enjoy to play.

Cosmo, your last post is stupid. Your suggesting the gaming base of 'consoles online' is far larger than PC gaming

I love how these console fan boys think they invented the internet gaming thing.

Look at World of warcraft, lineage etc ... Millions and millions of players online at any one time! - paying £10 or whatever a month to play them... I personally don't - not my cup of tea. But that's the market that's out there on PC online gaming.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineage_%28computer_game%29

^^ since 1998 - quite a while before Xbox 360 + PS3 showed up. 3 million online subscribers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_warcraft

^^ over 10 million subscribers per month... so 10 million people are paying $10 or whatever, and logging in to play. $100,000,000 a month!

As I say, not my cup of tea. but that is a financially rewarding thing.

Live For Speed is not made to compete with this market, it just supplies a product (service) to it's user's who want a ultra realistic sim requiring some hardware (wheel / pedals) to play properly.

When you compare the above to the amount online on LFS (peaking 1700) it's obvious it's a niche market.

Most PC games have had online playabilty for years... Back in the days of Quake / doom etc in 1993/4.

Just because you guys see your PC as solely a word processing / internet browsing / media viewing utility, doesn't mean the rest of the world does.

That said, For having a quick 'fun' game of something, I prefere a console. Easy to pick it up, play, and put it down.

Not to say it couldn't be ported to console, but it's add so many issues doing so, what would be the point - as these resources could be used improving the game for PC - and steve, reason 'not to just get more people' is how are they gonna pay for these extra people?
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 18:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paul you need to put you cock away, i said it was a large market, and 56 million online 360 users is quite a large market
Paul_J

11th Dec 07 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how many of those 56 million have FFB wheels?

how many of those with wheels want a extremely realistic sim?
Paul_J

11th Dec 07 at 18:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also quoting how many have online capabilities, is not the same as how many are online now.

For example CS has about 25,000 member or something silly, but it rarely peaks over about 500 online.

Those figures I were quoting before of single games with 10's of millions of active players.

There's billions of PC's connected to the internet steve... surely that = a larger market
drax

11th Dec 07 at 20:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lfs is fooking class =) Use a momo wheel, abit naff would like a nice expensive one, maybe after xmas.

Very awesome times on that game, anyone who goes on regularly id be happy to jump on with if you add me to msn or something
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

drax, im on all the time, when you go online search for R3dman 'find user online'

but im guessing you wil lonly have the demo?

if i could get enough cs ppl interested i could create a server just for us

[Edited on 11-12-2007 by chris_uk]
drax

11th Dec 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope I have the full ls2 version, have they patched it anymore in the last month or so as ive not been on!

Im normally on a few drift servers, but do enjoy jumping in the other cars now and then.
AndyKent

11th Dec 07 at 20:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So you would say it is EXACTLY like driving a car, other than the noise, vibration etc etc. Certainly would be worth a fortune to the right developer/publishing house.
drax

11th Dec 07 at 20:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id say its a hell of a cut above the rest like forza who claim to be a racing sim, you hit the sand it feels like sand, you fuck up, or slip off the clutch you'll feel it, the level of control of settings is generous but not enough, still more than anything else ive had.

Obviously you cannot replicate the feel of g force, sliding out of your chair with out a bucket seat whilst hanging onto your steering wheel, or getting sand in your face as you hit the sand trap but i prefer it over everything ive played, as a good close to real game its definatly above the rest, none of that arcade graphics niche that all the £££ games have, just pure ablity to drive..

Physcis could be stronger but the vibration is good and rigid, sound could be better, but thats said with any game, id rather see it go to a proper company who wants to simulate driving without destroying cars, than see it go to a publisher and then back out to joe public after they have done cocking it about.

Liam

11th Dec 07 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can you stall the cars
Steve
Premium Member

11th Dec 07 at 20:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
Also quoting how many have online capabilities, is not the same as how many are online now.

For example CS has about 25,000 member or something silly, but it rarely peaks over about 500 online.

Those figures I were quoting before of single games with 10's of millions of active players.

There's billions of PC's connected to the internet steve... surely that = a larger market

you keep suggesting im comparing pc to 360, im not im saying theres 56 million live users out there, which is a good enough market to be interested in developing for
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Dec 07 at 08:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Liam
Can you stall the cars

yes

drax, they just brought out a new patch 'X30' has loads of new features, including a more bumpy south city!

and for those who have never seen it, it doesnt look that bad either.

this is the car i raced in the STCC

and they can even make good looking cars too..
Paul_J

12th Dec 07 at 13:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is it's never gonna look as good as the latest Console gen games - just because to develop a leading graphics engine = lots of money and requires high spec PC's...

neither of which were in their eyes required for the game to be good.

Even my dad has commented on it looking a bit crap at times lol... but it's irrelevant to the game as it's good enough - just not super pretty like Forza 2 or TDU or anything

The other problem is, by standard they don't have graphics settings on full... so you could download it and play it with really crap settings and think it looks naff... where as Chris will play it with it all on full and it looks a bit better.
Cosmo

13th Dec 07 at 11:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Cosmo, your last post is stupid. Your suggesting the gaming base of 'consoles online' is far larger than PC gaming

Wasnt a stupid comment at all TBH. I was only suggesting that more people use consoles for gaming than they do PC's...is this so wrong?!
Steve
Premium Member

13th Dec 07 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont think i could ever go back to a pc for gaming
lil_g

13th Dec 07 at 14:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPvoHrXVZvI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7lPrs4XhnY&feature=related

chris_uk
Premium Member

14th Dec 07 at 09:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the f1 challenge vid, have they changed the sounds coz they sound shite.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Dec 07 at 12:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wow you can tell its 32fps or whatever doesnt seem very fluid at all
22B

14th Dec 07 at 13:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
wow you can tell its 32fps or whatever doesnt seem very fluid at all

F1 challenge will run at whatever your pc can handle, used to get around 80-100fps when I had it installed, same with r-factor
Steve
Premium Member

14th Dec 07 at 13:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats true, must be the hardware then
Paul_J

14th Dec 07 at 15:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

f1 games bore me
22B

14th Dec 07 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
f1 games bore me

ye they can be a bit boring, r-factor is quite good, basically an open source project where people create tracks and series to race in all sorts basically, even a 106 rallye/Gti mod being created, hundreds of tracks also.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll