corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Wish I'd Gone for GSI Kit & Speedlines...[UPDATE: SOLD] :(

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wish I'd Gone for GSI Kit & Speedlines...[UPDATE: SOLD] :(
Ben D

User status: Offline
27th Apr 07 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Corsa_tomtom: I didnt do all the work myself, I've been doing it with a friend as he owns his own bodyshop, I am still learning, But I'm starting college next september as i want to improve more and maybe make it my career instead of just a hobby

corsacant: Yes it's welded then fillered

Corsabadboy yes it definetly Needs lowering, Believe it or not the rear arch is already lowered -40mm and those wheels are 17" so i will easily be able to achieve 19" wheels and a sizeable drop too, so once the Wheel are on i will Invest in some coilovers and see how far i can take it
alan t

27th Apr 07 at 20:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

good efoort for having a go yourself mate. hope in the bottom pic that isnt a chrome neon washer jet tho? lol
Ben D

27th Apr 07 at 20:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunatly yes it is, When i bought the car it was already on, I Was just in the process of taking them off when the pic was taken hence why one is gone and the other is at a strange angle.

Whats even worse is when i bought the car it had Chrome Mirrors and Blue sidelights and Door handle neons not forgetting the traditional Lexus Lights & nasty pedal covers which now sit in a pile at the lock up

Should have more Progress pics tomorrow
alan t

27th Apr 07 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol. keep the pics coming mate. should be good to see this finnished.
Ben D

28th Apr 07 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just a little update.

As you'll see here the Badboy & Extended bonnet's Finished and has been fitted, although it's not shut properly in the piccy.

Pretty pleased with how the front end look's now even if it's not to everyones Taste, Definetly need's Depo's or Black Morrettes

Rear Arch's & sideskirt's Are finished, Picture Doesnt really show you the lines very well though, Definetly needs a rear disk conversion, Drums look soo

Really shows how wide it is from this angle, The arch's were flaired before the Modded PSG's Were Added, so it's wider than most

Also Finished off the arch's Shape, they look alot more rounded now, The 17's which were on it looked tiny, Hmm Anyone think i can Beat JAcko's accomplishment of 20" wheels?

I had more pictures but they turned out really crap due to The sun Glaring, the Boot has now flushed and only needs the Spoiler Refitting to the current GSi one, Few more little bits to do and it should be ready to paint mid next week Pearl white with a little Purply/pink pearl

Still stuck on which wheels to Buy though, so ny suggestions welcome
Ben D

6th May 07 at 15:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well She's nearly finished now, My mate Gaz Sprayed her a few days ago and she just needs a few bit's and pieces doing but I'm Pretty pleased with how it's Turned out

The phone pic's are a bit
crap and you cant really see the pearl and it's covered in dust lol But looks Brilliant in the flesh/metal

Not sure on whether to go with Depo's on the front or go for crystal?

It's also quite a bit wider now

Smokedthe Side repeater's as it breaks the car up alot more than clear ones, Also Sprayed the Chrome M3 Mirror's Matt black, will see how they look on the car and then decide whether too keep them or find something else

the arch's and Sideskirt's seemed to have worked quite well too even though i was quite skeptical.

the lexus lights are still definetly being removed in favour of either Some Dark smoked rears, Maybe Lighter mhw/irmscher smoked rears I am undecided as of yet

also for the Backbox i will probably favour a Letterbox Style exit pipe?

As you can see it's sitting rather high and the arch's make the 17's look tiny so i need to have a thnk about which suspension setup to go for as it will be able to goquite low, i also need to find a style of wheel which will suit the car and fill the arch

I'll get some better pictures when it's finished but hope you liked it so far
Also sorry if i rambled lol
nova_gteuk

6th May 07 at 15:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this is the post i said i seen it in on myspace lol....lookin good not to my taste but looks a good job
Ben D

6th May 07 at 16:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yea i knew it wouldnt be to most peoples taste, especially on here anyway lol, But I'm happy with it for now, Once it's finished it will be time to move onto my next project which wil be UBER subtle
BYRON

6th May 07 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the paint looks really flat?
I think your colour choice isnt the best to show the lines, but if your happy...
davey_jack

6th May 07 at 16:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you have a few good ideas mate, im just not sure how well they work together. The front bumper looks too wide for the rest of the car, also white does not have much shine to it, so doesnt really reflect the curves of the car so well. The spoiler is a great idea, but really needs blending into the standard spoiler to give a great look. Well done though mate, you have done alot and gone alot further than most people do
I have GSI/irmscher/steinmetz kit, and theres still bits Id like to do again on my car (pic below)
Tommy L

6th May 07 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is it me or is the edge of the arch curve wonky left of the indicator

work does look good but not to my taste
BeArDy

6th May 07 at 16:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whats all the glitter shit around everything?

Ben D

6th May 07 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed that but when i looked at the car i couldnt see it , Only thing i noticed is tha the inner arch isnt Attached properly there

Davey_Jack Yea i know what you mean about the paint, but it seriously does shine alot more in the flesh and you can see the lines & Curves stand out a fair bit, It's a pearl white so that helps

Beardy: It's full of dust mate lol, Still needs a good wash and a polish, theres no glitter lol

[Edited on 06-05-2007 by benji_2k5]
STEvieXE

6th May 07 at 17:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not a fan sorry, way to many lines going on esp with the skirts.. dont like the front bumper, like the archs and the rear and the smooth boot.

get some big hoops and decked and itll look alot better tho, wot mirrors are going on it??
Ben D

6th May 07 at 17:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by STEvieXE
not a fan sorry, way to many lines going on esp with the skirts.. dont like the front bumper, like the archs and the rear and the smooth boot.

get some big hoops and decked and itll look alot better tho, wot mirrors are going on it??

Yea i chose the sideskirt's and the Bumper because i had never seen them before, and they were off an astra so the bumper was modded to fit, although since I fitted it i have since seen it on another 2 Corsa's on here so i will most likely Find something new Just to be diffferent later in the summer, we will see

Definetly needs Big wheels and some Very decent suspension which will no doubt cost me a small fortune lol I'm just undecided what to go for, think i need to go look for some inspiration.

At the moment i have a set of M3 mirrors Sprayed matt black to go on for now, But i am still looking for something new to replace them
Adam C
Premium Member

6th May 07 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wont say that its 'not my taste' because i think everyone has already said it, but for the look you have gone for i can see that you've done a very good job.

I would also like to know what mirrors are going

My Arden Blue Astra GSi MK4 on BBS LM's Project Thread
Ben D

6th May 07 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Green Thing
I would also like to know what mirrors are going

quote:
Me!
At the moment i have a set of M3 mirrors Sprayed matt black to go on for now, But i am still looking for something new to replace them

TBH i could do with suggestion's for the Mirrors as i haven't seen anything that i thought would suit it so far , And the wheels for that matter, The arch's Could easily take 19's i should think
Wagsta

6th May 07 at 19:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

motor bike mirrors.......bit to late for that now tho lol....should of plated where ya old mirrors went and fitted motorbike mirrors. Looks mint when done right. Car lookin ok aswell mate.
moddmental

6th May 07 at 19:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

think this looks good. love the colour of the pain think the astra bumper looks good to!
Ben D

16th May 07 at 07:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well Car's home now And sat on the Driveway, Although rather dirty and full of dust still lol I'll Polish it and get some better pics up later

Anyway Took a couple of pics for those that wanted to know what Mirrors I chose, M3 Mirror's sprayed Matt black, I was only going to have them temporarilly but i think they quite suit it and break the car up well So they're staying

Few Little bits Needed now to finish it, Matt black the rear light's & a tigra Scuttle, Depo's, rear spacers, a large drop
and maybe a Set of these 18"/19" Axis Gt-r's(very cheap)

so If Anyone is interested in my Wheel's ( 17"/ all Mint tread on tyres blah blah) send me a U2U with an Offer

Next up though I need to source and fit an engine (1.4/1.6 16v)
RichR
Premium Member

16th May 07 at 07:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like it, Not keen on the lower half of the front bumper but I realy like the side profile
moddmental

17th May 07 at 20:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i think it looks mint loving the colour
Ben D

1st Jun 07 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Another mini Update, Tinted my rear lights as i hated the lexus lights.

So here's some pic:

opinions?

Car's filthy but thought i would take a few random pics too while the weathers nice.. Definetly needs a drop though.

i might make my own Depo Style headlights next
Ben G

1st Jun 07 at 22:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lots of work gone into it but not keen as it just isn't my thing.

but hey, if you like it then that's all that matters

paint looks
Toby
Premium Member

2nd Jun 07 at 16:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

paint looks a lt better, would get some more shine with those lights, needs lowering as you said and how are you goin to stop exhaust shittingpetrol over you rrear bumper

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Wish I'd Gone for GSI Kit & Speedlines...[UPDATE: SOLD] :( 24 database queries in 0.0168948 seconds