corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RR @ PVS

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author RR @ PVS
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
6th Jun 05 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kiddy_Corsa
quote:
Originally posted by stuartmitchell
spec

lol, brought it COMPLETLY standard. so i dont know wat has been done to it

brought it where
Kiddy_Corsa

6th Jun 05 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well from a garage, 1ladyowner
Kiddy_Corsa

6th Jun 05 at 14:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
1. That rolling road was a joke and when we saw it pull up we laughed at it.
2. Your mates cannot drive 1.6 16v Corsas they are much faster than 1.4 16v Corsas (Jambo remember?)
3. Inlet manifold on the X14/16XE are exactly the same visually, infact the whole engine is the same visually.

I know there faster,thats y i cant understand y mine keeps up
Alex

6th Jun 05 at 14:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

maybe your friends are just being kind to you in their 1.6 cars and not pushing it? maybe they are lying to you about you keeping up and they were in fact just cruising along with you
Paul_J

6th Jun 05 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You tit! we all told you not to get your car rolling roaded there for this exact reason!

that is such bullshit!

Unsure on a 1.6 corsa - but standard 106 gti gets 120 bhp and 107 lb ft of torque...

Think a 1.6 corsa is probably like 106 bhp (non gsi) and around 100 lb ft of torque?

So your mystical 1.4 16v has somehow got 122 lb ft of torque and 115 bhp?

Did they give you a graph - I'd love to see this, as to have torque that high for that amount of bhp your torque must tail off well early!

even with cams, remap, exhaust, etc (not including new inlet manifold) - you'll be lucky to see say 105 bhp! and with cams it'll actually reduce your torque (though increase bhp)...

face facts that was trash. go get your car rolling roaded properly and cry that you wasted your money.
Kiddy_Corsa

6th Jun 05 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Alex
maybe your friends are just being kind to you in their 1.6 cars and not pushing it? maybe they are lying to you about you keeping up and they were in fact just cruising along with you

LOL! nope! I race 1.6's and c the rev counter at like 6,000rpm
Paul_J

6th Jun 05 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
2. Your mates cannot drive 1.6 16v Corsas they are much faster than 1.4 16v Corsas (Jambo remember?)
3. Inlet manifold on the X14/16XE are exactly the same visually, infact the whole engine is the same visually.

define keeps up... If they accelerating away even slightly - it can seem like your 'keeping up' - as they may have to slow for a roundabout or whatever and thus you catch back up lol. As low down speeds say 0-30 won't be much difference between you and a 1.6...

Another thing is if you are racing (right behind another car) the car infront has to push through the air, where you are in the slip stream... all these things can make it seem like your 'keeping up'. As well as the obvious you go flying past your mate, he has to drop it down a gear and persue - your grinning going wow I'm beating a 1.6

face it you sound like a chav - only chavs get their cars RR'd at shows by shit rolling roads.
Fad

6th Jun 05 at 15:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
You tit! we all told you not to get your car rolling roaded there for this exact reason!

that is such bullshit!

Unsure on a 1.6 corsa - but standard 106 gti gets 120 bhp and 107 lb ft of torque...

Think a 1.6 corsa is probably like 106 bhp (non gsi) and around 100 lb ft of torque?

So your mystical 1.4 16v has somehow got 122 lb ft of torque and 115 bhp?

Did they give you a graph - I'd love to see this, as to have torque that high for that amount of bhp your torque must tail off well early!

even with cams, remap, exhaust, etc (not including new inlet manifold) - you'll be lucky to see say 105 bhp! and with cams it'll actually reduce your torque (though increase bhp)...

face facts that was trash. go get your car rolling roaded properly and cry that you wasted your money.

Std 1.6 has 110ft torque

and a 1.4 16v with inlet exhaust, cams and chip your looking at 120ish bhp and 140ish bhp if done to a 1.6

And you dont loose torque by fitting cams the torque curve meerly changes shifting it higher up the rev range depending on the cam profile. You are more than likely to loose bottom end torque but you can get special low down torque cams made up.

Kiddy_corsa no offence Paul is right it's a waste of money them mobile RR's and your best off disregarding any figures they gave you. Both torque and BHP seems well off.
Kiddy_Corsa

6th Jun 05 at 15:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Paul_J
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Ojc

define keeps up... If they accelerating away even slightly - it can seem like your 'keeping up' - as they may have to slow for a roundabout or whatever and thus you catch back up lol. As low down speeds say 0-30 won't be much difference between you and a 1.6...

Another thing is if you are racing (right behind another car) the car infront has to push through the air, where you are in the slip stream... all these things can make it seem like your 'keeping up'. As well as the obvious you go flying past your mate, he has to drop it down a gear and persue - your grinning going wow I'm beating a 1.6

face it you sound like a chav - only chavs get their cars RR'd at shows by shit rolling roads.

u want 2 shut up u stupid prick, i was onlyaskin wat RR's r like. i aint no fcukin chav.
define keepin up? both traverling 60ish both drop in 2 3rd and boot it... mine pulls away, even if im in front and he 'slipstreaming' me
Ojc

6th Jun 05 at 15:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I could have had my own rolling road, but instead of actually having a rolling road just looking at your engine and guessing the BHP and taking money off you for the pleasure.
Kiddy_Corsa

6th Jun 05 at 15:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well it was a pretty gud guess.
Skinz

must have some kind of hidden turbo
Fad

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I could have had my own rolling road, but instead of actually having a rolling road just looking at your engine and guessing the BHP and taking money off you for the pleasure.

You'd expect kisses as a form of payment
vibrio
Banned

6th Jun 05 at 15:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Well from a garage, 1ladyowner

bought it you mean
Kiddy_Corsa

6th Jun 05 at 15:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

theres no engine number's
plus the RR bloke said he had it calerbrated or sumthin so its readin the right results

[Edited on 06-06-2005 by Kiddy_Corsa]
broster
Premium Member

6th Jun 05 at 15:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

thats bull! my 1.6 is 138bhp and it has 120lbft torque. rolling roads can be deadly inacurate! they often set them up to over read to make customers happy. id disregard that result and go get a proper reading from a reputable company!
Fad

6th Jun 05 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by broster
thats bull! my 1.6 is 138bhp and it has 120lbft torque. rolling roads can be deadly inacurate! they often set them up to over read to make customers happy. id disregard that result and go get a proper reading from a reputable company!

Sly_SRi
Premium Member

6th Jun 05 at 16:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe he has actually got a 1.6 with cams and chip or somthing?? how can anyone be sure?!?

Corsa C Z20Let

Black Sleeper Turbo Project
Ojc

6th Jun 05 at 16:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They can't but its unlikely.
Fad

6th Jun 05 at 16:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sly_SRi
Maybe he has actually got a 1.6 with cams and chip or somthing?? how can anyone be sure?!?

still wouldnt have 120 bhp

this remind me of these thread

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=204882

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=198059&highlight=1.4+16v
sassyminx

6th Jun 05 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joff

6th Jun 05 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you'll find my results of your car were more accurate

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=219323
jr

6th Jun 05 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LMFAO joff, thats scary

the rr was the equivalent of letting the 2 ronnies lose on your car
Skipz

6th Jun 05 at 17:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Load of shite.. i had my car at 103bhp and only 95lb/ft of torque and the guys that RR'd it said that any more power and I'd blow my bottom end...

a month later i did My car had loads of mods engine wise to get that power, Full stainless exhaust (incl Manifold), cams, injectors, head skimmed and polished, K&N (which ended up being removed)....

Got a receipt for about £800 (spent by previous owner) worth of Engine mods and JUST made it over 100bhp on a RR

Had it on a Mobile one and it read 118bhp with 113 lb/ft of torque

take your car to a proper RR not a mobile one

should add Mines was a 1.4 8v (C14SE) and it struggled to keep up with 1.6 16v Corsa's but had no problems with Savxo VTr's

[Edited on 06-06-2005 by h18_oab]
Paul_J

6th Jun 05 at 18:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Fad

Std 1.6 has 110ft torque

and a 1.4 16v with inlet exhaust, cams and chip your looking at 120ish bhp and 140ish bhp if done to a 1.6

And you dont loose torque by fitting cams the torque curve meerly changes shifting it higher up the rev range depending on the cam profile. You are more than likely to loose bottom end torque but you can get special low down torque cams made up.

I didn't know the 1.6 is 110 lb ft of torque standard - quite interesting.

I don't know if you were just explaining to him what you could get with a inlet + other bits, but if you were commenting on my post - I was saying not including changing the inlet (as he says it's standard inlet), your not gonna get anywhere near that figure with just cams / chip / exhaust.

Finally, I should of phased that better - I meant your peak torque will be reduced. Not the torque, as I know it basically just shifts it so that you get the torque carrying on further, and thus more power (which ends up higher up the revs).

Basically all I was saying is there's no way standard his car could be making that or even with a couple of minor mods and that it's crazy his peak torque figure is so high as if he had cams (which I think he is assuming) it'd reduce his peak torque figure not make it sky rocket.

As for Kiddy's reply haha - ... was your money you wasted mate, was it worth it

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » RR @ PVS 23 database queries in 0.1746860 seconds