corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Current trend of modifying...

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Current trend of modifying...
vibrio
Banned

User status: Offline
15th Dec 03 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suspect my thoughts are well known
Robbo

16th Dec 03 at 08:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about this again last night (good point by the way Ian)... Project Slam is an excellent example.. built by Max Power ( ) has 20's, hydraulics (?) stupid black tints, a 200bhp turbo'd engine (Why) a gay looking exhaust combination and the STUPIDEST UGLIEST shit thrown onto it that looks liek its been made by wood and a fancy paint job (that looks silly IMO) and they rave on about it like its the best thing ever... it looks ridiculous and that kit is stupid - this typifies how top end modding is going... towards trying to impress people with a stupid paint job and silly big wheels and then sticking on some 'custom' wood (Ok I realise it wasn't actually wood)... it's an abomination and really does not look good, different but in no way good.

Jet however (upon further inspection) as done all the above but has managed to craft something different and that is (as you pointed out) an attractive car, still not a practical car but it does actually look decent.
Paul H

16th Dec 03 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

speaking of cars that look stupid with big rims
Robbo

16th Dec 03 at 08:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly kit to
Mark Petty

16th Dec 03 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by TOMAS
i'd rather see 8/9" wide dished 14's on a corsa any day, miles better than 18's and 17's (too common). In ways I want euro to come in but then again it wouldnt be good if everyone was rolling around like it...

I agree with you mate
MattyB

16th Dec 03 at 09:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I used to be a bodykit/flip paint/chrome 18" lover......but i've gone right off that.

Less is so much more. (no offence), But if u got a big kit etc ur sayin wow, look at me, i'm in ur face etc, and whoeva looks at it (car orientated or not), they stop and say "look at that!"

However, i much prefer subtlety now i like the fact that its only really ppl who know bout the moddin scene, who look at your car and say, "wow, new spec rear lights" or "wow, subtle 20mm drop not ott".

But its each to their own which is fair enuff!!

Matt
Cybermonkey

16th Dec 03 at 09:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i tottally agree with robbo
frenchcorsa@work

16th Dec 03 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I totally agree with mattyB.
SteveW

16th Dec 03 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by RobboSRi
Snowy's would be a good examople for me... its very different but was well thought out an executed well without having stupid work done 2 be different... I haven't seen a decent modded mag cover car since I stopped buying them ages ago

Cheers bud..

But i am afrai that i might cross the line with the next changes im planning for the corsa... I will post up pick when it goes into Turismo.. It wont be as stoopid looking as the UV corsa or the TKS corsa on 20's, but it will give them a run for their money Plus i will have big power by then too

Steve...
MattyB

16th Dec 03 at 09:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by frenchcorsa@work
I totally agree with mattyB.

Not sayin kitted cars are silly, coz i used to be well into them, used to have one and spent a small fortune on it, but with so many modded cars out there today, i prefer ones where i have to look closely to see uprated bits a pieces etc

Matt
Ty_Harris

16th Dec 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still believe that 18's on a corsa can look subtle if styled correctly, as any larger wheel on any car cud do.
NeilRocks

16th Dec 03 at 09:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd rather see a Black SRi corsa with 14 - 15" alloys, clear repeaters, uprated badges, red side strips and a bit of lowering and colour coding

than

The same car with 17" alloys, red callipers, sunstrip, massive bodykit, flush tailgate, undercar neons.

I much prefer the smaller, attention to detail approach. The 'clean and tidy' look.
MattyB

16th Dec 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

exactly neil, spot on
Jason Iles

16th Dec 03 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
My personal preferences are simple yet effective (& power to) eg. J 11ESY, PainZ etc an well thought out cars like D5

Cheers buddy, although I totally disagree with you comments on the way the scene is going

I like seeing things like UV's Corsa on 20's and even *cough* Project Slam, as it is so extreme that it brings new people into the modding scene, I think that is a good thing, cause there will be a bigger market for those who have been around a while, therefore bigger choice of accessories available, but bad in a way as there are a select few that give us a bad name and cause the insurance to go through the roof and intrest from the old bill

my 2 pence
MattyB

16th Dec 03 at 09:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

U can always tell, coz newbies come on here and post pics of a sport in mint cond., lowered 40mm on a nice set of 14"s, de-badged and engine tuned, and ppl love it, coz its different to wot every1 has!!

Well i for one wud love to have summat like a totally std GSi, lowered 30mm on the std 14"s in met. grey with light smoke tints and engine tuned to 130bhp, but livin in london, its just not possible

Matt
NeilRocks

16th Dec 03 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All I got on mine - Black M reg SRi Corsa

Lowered 40mm
Black callipers and drums
Matt black painted scuttle panel
Bee Sting
14" alloys
Corsa C side repeaters
Saxo VTS 16v badge

And if the pikeys don't like it then TS
stuyw

16th Dec 03 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

less is better IMO, but some motors look good with kits on which are not too OTT
PainZ

16th Dec 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by J 11ESY
quote:
My personal preferences are simple yet effective (& power to) eg. J 11ESY, PainZ etc an well thought out cars like D5

I like seeing things like UV's Corsa on 20's and even *cough* Project Slam, as it is so extreme that it brings new people into the modding scene, I think that is a good thing, cause there will be a bigger market for those who have been around a while, therefore bigger choice of accessories available, but bad in a way as there are a select few that give us a bad name and cause the insurance to go through the roof and intrest from the old bill

my 2 pence

Firstly thanks rob

I aggree with Jase, i love seeing crazy cars, and deep down i would love to turn my car into something crazy one off and completely wacky,

however i love my car the way it is,

It looks great i think, how the corsa should look as standard,

The best thing i like about my car is getting the looks in the street. Even blokes in BMW's google at it,

Cars which are completly custom are only liked by a select few who like them,

however cars that are subtle an understated alot more people seem to like,
carnoisseurcraig

16th Dec 03 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well personally i dont mod my car to keep other people happy. I do it cos i love doing it and what i think is smart.

Stuff for cars is like womens fashions, women have to be different, have the latest thing out. Car moddin aint any different. IMO its the growing influence of car mags and technology that are the reason for the cars today.

I remember when i had my first nova 15" TSW Phoenix and Blades were the choice of wheel and for a set of 15's you were £750
Robbo

16th Dec 03 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I suppose it all comes to individuals tatses as to these show cars that are more and more prevalent but I can see peoples reasons for liking these one-offs

SteveW

16th Dec 03 at 10:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

OK..

personally i like both subtle and crazy cars.. I really like Jets astra, and i also like painz's car, that type of thing.. Cos both have had a lot of effort and thought put into it..

I really like "most" of the Turismo cars too, K is a crazy nutta for doing some of the things, but they do look complete and good.. OK they might not be to some people's tastes but you have to appreciate the amount of work that has gone into making cars like that..
Robbo

16th Dec 03 at 10:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by snowy
i might cross the line with the next changes im planning for the corsa... I It wont be as stoopid looking as the UV corsa or the TKS corsa on 20's

Steve...

I para-phrased u but this is my point... eg Jets Astra Coupe.. mental but lovely, Project Slam... mental but ridiculous... if mental cars are built nice then its different... extending the scene in a good way (i love ur car so I cant believe u r changing it again )
Robbo

16th Dec 03 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by snowy
I really like "most" of the Turismo cars too, K is a crazy nutta for doing some of the things, but they do look complete and good.. OK they might not be to some people's tastes but you have to appreciate the amount of work that has gone into making cars like that..

Similar to JET IMO, they may be crazy but they still look good and have a lot of effort put into them and the results show... I think some companys (ie UV) throw money at a car expecting it to look good...
SteveW

16th Dec 03 at 10:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

too true mate...

Dont worry, my car is going into the best of hand

Its gonna be even more 1off, BUT it will/should look great..

Plus maxpower are talking about cover next year some time
Robbo

16th Dec 03 at 10:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » The Current trend of modifying... 22 database queries in 0.0151579 seconds