corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread

New Poll
  <<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread
gianluigi

User status: Offline
13th Nov 06 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
we won on sunday 9-1!!!

I SCORED A WONDER KNEE! the ball was shot and going wide, i flung a leg out it hit my knee and rolled in

[Edited on 13-11-2006 by AndyW]

quality
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We lost 4-1, i played left back, loved it, got man of the match, but got injured around 70mins played. Foot is a bit black and swolen but im hoping I can get back playing by Thursday.
AndyW

13th Nov 06 at 22:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my fitness really hinders my game but ive just took up kickboxing n fuck the training in intense so its got to help and hopefully my game will raise!
Jamie Walby

13th Nov 06 at 22:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can only get fitter
RyanSxi

14th Nov 06 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeh fitness is a major issue for me. at one point after leaving school i didnt play football or much excerise for about 2-3 years. now im back into it i have to start from scratch. slowely feeling fitter/stronger tho
--Dave--
Banned

14th Nov 06 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we won 2-1 I played left mid and I'm starting to prefer it there rather than up front more space, more freedom.

I played a nice one-two with one of the strikers and hit a first time shot. Managed to squeeze it in at the keeper's near post but our other strikers (who had nothing to do with that passage of play) was offside apparently goal was disallowed.

Had a good game though
Jonny P

14th Nov 06 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Club:Sidac Social
League:St.Helens Combination Div 1

i haven't posted in this yet!

My Second Season of open age football, not had a great season as ive played all over the park.

Moved up to the 1st Team now though, started Centre Forward, then Right Midfield, Then Centre Midfield, Then Left Midfield week before last.

Week Before Last (04/11) we played in the cup against A Prem team, was winning 2-0 then getting beat 4-2. I scored 2 goals,2 easy goals tbh, and then overall we won 6-4 and i got man of the match

Last week i played for the InterLeague Under 18's. *im only 17*

St.Helens and Knowsley Under 18's
vs
North West Alliance Under 18's

Semi-Final of the South Lancs Under 18's Cup.

We won 3-1 against the current champions, totally outclassed them, played in my usual, more prefered position, Centre Forward, set the 1st goal up, helped with the 2nd and scored the 3rd, (chipped the keeper from 20ish yards), Now in the final of the South Lancs Cup Cant wait, final soon so plenty of pics etc. to follow
gianluigi

14th Nov 06 at 16:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well done johnny
nik

15th Nov 06 at 17:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Playing friday night Wick V Selsey, bit of a derby this one, Selsey are top but we're unbeaten in a few games and won our last home game 5-2 against Bexhill.
AndyW

17th Nov 06 at 09:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

we have a cup game on sunday against a team top of the premier thats 3 divisions higher than us
RyanSxi

17th Nov 06 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
we have a cup game on sunday against a team top of the premier thats 3 divisions higher than us

that would be like man united playing some lower league team like.....southend lol
AndyW

17th Nov 06 at 10:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

southend aint 3 divisions lower

it would be like man u V's Yeovil
nik

17th Nov 06 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Arseholes, games been called off tonight - waterlogged pitch
Robbo

17th Nov 06 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Our match may well be off tomorrow!

Not necy a bad thing as 3 days of English breakfasts, steak teas and endless joints have worn me down a bit
Jamie Walby

18th Nov 06 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After injuring my foot last week, I have played 6-a-side and trained during the week BUT its still very black and aching like a bastid. Im going to pull out for tomorrow to try prevent doing any more damage.

Doctor comes in my shop, just had a quick look and said its more than just bruised, possibly broken
Robbo

18th Nov 06 at 11:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A win today puts us top! Won't be easy though!!
Jamie Walby

18th Nov 06 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I want to play. I could play left footed but after training on thursday I was in agony so I really dont think I should play.
Robbo

18th Nov 06 at 16:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

4-1 we are top of the league

Was about to come on for last 5 but ref didnt see and then ball didnt go out of play agin
gianluigi

18th Nov 06 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

no game tomorrow as its derby day
AndyW

19th Nov 06 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

well we had our cup game today against a team top of there division and three divisions above us! first half we were up for it we went 2-0 up! then at half time there team kicked off had huge fight amongst each other this is where we found out ref was there mate! he was opn first name terms with them all.. and didnt book any of them. 2nd half came about 60 mins in, and we had a bltent penalty dismissed, we cudnt beleive it our striker pulled down to the ground as he was one on one with the keeper, by his shirt collar!! what hapens ball goes straight up our end little spanish defender drops to the floor and a penalty is given... but our keepr saves it! i think by now our fitness was showing and we were struggling, they scored trwce quickly, and it went to extra time.

they scored again and i think our heads dropped, final score finished 5-2 to them, but fuck we played outta our skins today credit to the team.
messham11

20th Nov 06 at 11:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We got stuffed 9-2. Didnt have a keeper so my brother went in goal as hes had trouble with his knee but he played really well. Started with 10 for the 1st 15mins and finished effectively with 9 as I had to go in goal and one of our forwards was struggling. But we were awful, worst i've ever seen.

Asked for 2 weeks off to get our team together
RyanSxi

20th Nov 06 at 11:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had a game yesteday against a team we played about 2 month ago. the score then was 3 or 4-1 i can't remember lol

anyway, i started the game as sub but came on after about 20 mins as our left winger was struggling with a knock. i played left centre midfield (5 in midfield) for the 1st time but ran my socks of but wasn't very influencial tbh.

we ended up losing 1-0 and they were lucky to manage that goal. every1 on the sidelines (including there manager) said we deserved atleast a draw we just cudn't score. manager was pleased with my performance so i was happy.

away now for the next 4 weeks

[Edited on 20-11-2006 by RyanSxi]
Carl

21st Nov 06 at 16:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We didn't have a game. We are on a downer, lost our Centre back due to injury and it was clear to see the impact he had, our defence is now woeful. Also two of the players can't take no critisism and keep throwing their dunmmies out, both are 30 so its a bit of a joke. I am no longer enjoying it.
--Dave--
Banned

21st Nov 06 at 16:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carl - sounds like what happened to us this weekend.

2 of our forwards (brothers) walked off at half time as someone was having a go at them . I ended up going up front (moved from left wing) and scored

Lost 4-2 though. Playing a shoot team this week, hoping to get at least 17 goals
Carl

21st Nov 06 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by --Dave--
Carl - sounds like what happened to us this weekend.

2 of our forwards (brothers) walked off at half time as someone was having a go at them . I ended up going up front (moved from left wing) and scored

Lost 4-2 though. Playing a shoot team this week, hoping to get at least 17 goals

Yeah, they were nearly fighting each other the other week, then another week one said something about strikers not scoring and he was like "sub me so i can knock the fuck out of him" Just no need at all. At this rate our CM will leave as every other season he has played semi-pro but wants to play with his mates. Then we will be even more fucked.
We also don't have a goalie anymore.

[Edited on 21-11-2006 by Carl]

<<  14    15    16    17    18    19    20  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Sunday League 2006/2007 Thread 23 database queries in 0.0437469 seconds